OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old Samurai revival - The War Club (5/15)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

skywalkersaga

Oh my gosh, how spectacular. Have I mentioned how much I adore that silky blue outfit? And I love those masks so much.

The hair situation is probably best decided based on whether it fits under that helmet.... ;p

BAMComix

A lot of work Ovy, that really paid off. He looks amazing!

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Wow! He’s fantastic. Those colors are so vibrant. And all the different masks are really cool. I’m curious to see which one you give him, as I can’t decide between the half-mask or the full face.

Ovy

GubernatorFan wrote:He's come together gloriously. I know you used plenty of imagination, but the result is both spectacular and plausible. Which is excellent, in my book.
Thanks a lot sir!

AlKelAstra91 wrote:It's so interesting to see you take on a more traditional genre, but none the less of a spectacle to see unfold in the creative process. The normal samurai look legit badass in all their armored glory, and I so look forward to seeing the aforementioned 'zomburai,' especially if they retain a modicum of their pre-mortum skill sets.

As for the hairstyle choice, the shorter default cut makes me think of a more disciplined and militant personality/fighting style for the character, while the wilder, shaggier hairdo gives me untamed and Samurai Champloo-esque vibes. Whatever works for the type of character you are trying to portray, can't wait to see you photograph these guys in action!

Thanks! Oh yeah, Zomburai are no joke. They don't sleep, don't eat, no pain, armored, retain fragments of their old personality and skillsets, sharp rusty Katanas....
Oh and we will see what will happen with his hair.

skywalkersaga wrote:Oh my gosh, how spectacular. Have I mentioned how much I adore that silky blue outfit?  And I love those masks so much.

The hair situation is probably best decided based on whether it fits under that helmet.... ;p
Thanks, yeah that outfit held up incredibly well over the years! And I think the hair will fit under the helmet, so he can make it go away is someone is scared.
Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 Sheperd-Book-TOO-MUCH-HAIR-Firefly

BAMComix wrote:A lot of work Ovy, that really paid off. He looks amazing!
Thanks a lot!

Stryker2011 wrote:Wow! He’s fantastic. Those colors are so vibrant. And all the different masks are really cool. I’m curious to see which one you give him, as I can’t decide between the half-mask or the full face.
Thanks, I have a favourite mask after trying them all. Maybe I will make some quick photos with every mask on him if there is interest.

I chose the colors for obvious reasons, and this one lookes most interesting. Maybe I will add a cool headband?
Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX_20211003_203451

Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX_20211003_203011

Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX_20211003_202942

One helmet antler broke, but I will turn it into a feature and bind something around the crack or something. Also thought about leaving him with only one antler.
Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX_20211003_203520

All the glory.
Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX_20211003_203716

Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX_20211003_203419

Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX_20211003_203317

Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX_20211003_203822

Btw, does anybody know Akira Kurosawa's lost movie "Samurai Zombie Hunters" (1956) ?
Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX_20211003_202326

Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 ThroneOfBlood_cap3

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Just excellent. I love it all. Perhaps the broken and reattached antler (with or without something wound around the break) can be part of the story. Anyway, it makes it worn and more realistic. I recently watched The Hidden Fortress. I like your samurai better. Smile

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Characters You bash with that fantastic parts. The posing of the figures is amazing to, they looks like real samurai. There are some typical samurai poses with a sword You catch exactly. Think that are special sword moves, samurai learnd by their masters. Now You need just 5 more for the seven samurai Wink

Ovy

Ovy
Before shooting I had to finish some minor changes here and there like repainting his nose which was chipped away by the metal mask and some adjustments of the armguards which pushed the hands out of their sockets which I reinforced with glue etc. Typical sixth world problems.

So here some additional shots of our Orange Warrior sporting the new Kanabō:

Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX-20220515-023019

Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX-20220515-023243

Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX-20220515-023611

Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX-20220515-024000

Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX-20220515-024206

Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX-20220515-024749

Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX-20220515-025637

Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX-20220515-025940

Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX-20220515-030323

Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX-20220515-030821

Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX-20220515-031355

Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX-20220515-032009

Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX-20220515-114814

Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX-20220515-120017

Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX-20220515-115610

Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 PSX-20220515-031701

GubernatorFan wrote:Just excellent. I love it all. Perhaps the broken and reattached antler (with or without something wound around the break) can be part of the story. Anyway, it makes it worn and more realistic. I recently watched The Hidden Fortress. I like your samurai better. Smile
Thanks, yeah that broken antler is still broken, might stay that way. Or maybe I will make another helmet.

Ephiane wrote:Great Characters You bash with that fantastic parts. The posing of the figures is amazing to, they looks like real samurai. There are some typical samurai poses with a sword You catch exactly. Think that are special sword moves, samurai learnd by their masters. Now You need just 5 more for the seven samurai  Wink
Thanks, yeah I would love to buy 5 more Samurai, they release at least one absolutely gorgeous one every month, but for absolutely gorgeous prices too, haha.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well your samurai is looking as gorgeous as a samurai should be, and not just a pretty (scary) boy to pose in a museum, but a real warrior ready to take up his kanabō and whack away at any dastardly opponent. The weapon helps do even more justice to the figure. Glad he has this to add to his armament and play (fight) with.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Beauty. Nice shots with your character. That’s an impressive weapon.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
He looks awesome, showing off that weapon!

Ovy wrote:Typical sixth world problems.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Great work on the samurai and his club. Very nice pictures!

Illusion

Illusion
Have just gone through all the pics here. Have not known many of them…
Glorious work again, just glorious… cool choice of weapon lately.

Can‘t remember the „cat samurai“ (guess you know which I mean Wink … so we have Mr Pretty Face and Mr Cat.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's one cool looking dude, and that kanabo is so good.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Old Samurai revival  - The War Club (5/15) - Page 2 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum