OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Pia community wrote:Thanks for this great report.
I have a LD Doll female 28L soft red with flexible fingers myself.
I am very careful with the fingers.
I can only confirm your points.
Nevertheless, I like her very much, but as an action figure, the TBL are unbeatable!

Thank you. I'm glad that (apparently) the fingers are still working fine on yours too. Yep, TBL still reigns supreme, especially thanks to functionality.

AlKelAstra91 wrote:I was sooo wowed and excited at first...until I fully read the review. That pricetag is indeed a bit ridiculous considering the obvious flaws with this figure, paying almost triple what you normally would for other seamless bodies...but still with very apparent 'seams'...lol, kind of defeats the purpose - especially if one has to further modify/trim the skin after forking over so much dough. Otherwise, it seems to work quite well from a strictly front/back profile view.

I don't like how some sellers on Ebay have low-res images to make the seams less noticeable... 🧐

Also, I found this while searching around...does anybody have more info or insight to validate? The proportions are some of the best I've ever seen...
https://imall.com/product/Estartek-Uniquedoll-1-6-Soft-Silicone-SFD-Male-Body-UD4.0-Version-for-Obitsu-Azone-Collectible-Action-Figure-DIY/Toys-Hobbies-Toy-Figures/aliexpress.com/32916041900/144-15426491/en

Thanks, I felt much the same -- the high price is poorly offset by the various issues. As for eBay sellers, I think they largely use promotional images supplied by the company itself; some of these may have been photoshopped, or the subjects may have received additional grooming/pruning to make them look more flawless. As to the Estartek Uniquedoll body, this is the first I hear of it. It appears to be a pre-sale item (i.e., preorder) at present. There is an even more slender version, apparently. At least a couple of the listings confuse/conflate Estartek Uniquedoll and Lovely Doll/LDDoll figures, which may or may not be suggestive. From what I can see, the linked product even has separate toes, so more attention to detail, and apparently a more realistic coloring applied to parts of the body. However, and I appreciate them not disguising it, it cannot stand on its own. Notice how it is always pictured leaning or sitting on that glass. Up to three factors are at play, and even if only one of them is present, the body is likely to be unable to stand on its own: weak ankles, no continuous sturdy (ideally metal) skeleton, soft jiggly flesh material on the underside of the feet. That last one is probably hard to get around if one is to have seamless feet/ankles. The LDDoll body I reviewed had, it seems, good ankles (if anything maybe too stiff, but the diagram confirms a point of articulation there), but apparently suffered in the other two areas.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shazzdan

Even if it were priced the same as TBL, the highly visible seam and the crappy elbows are enough to stop me from buying one.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:Even if it were priced the same as TBL, the highly visible seam and the crappy elbows are enough to stop me from buying one.

Agreed. With the limitations and shortcomings, they would definitely make better sense at a palpably lower price. There is probably enough here to be considered a tradeoff (more seamless, more coloring, slenderer physique), but even TBLeague's floppy footed figures aren't substantially cheaper than the others, or are they (I don't even bother looking at them).

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Diana

I think the strongest point for these figures, besides seamless wrists and ankles, is the physique. Jiaou male figures have ridiculously ugly legs. TBL's M33 has these stupidly long arms. However, This particular LDDoll seems to have weird upper arm to lower arm proportions! Which is why I'd be more inclined to go for the M33 after all. Or rather... wait, until somebody releases a not-too-buff male body with realistic proportions.

The female LDDoll figures, especially the EU28M, look pretty good though. I'd possibly be inclined to accept the seam and floppy feet.

The awkward posing of the fingers bugs me though. If I were to develop one of these I wouldn't release it until I figured out a way to use joints and stiff bars to avoid sausage fingers. That must be doable!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:I think the strongest point for these figures, besides seamless wrists and ankles, is the physique. Jiaou male figures have ridiculously ugly legs. TBL's M33 has these stupidly long arms. However, This particular LDDoll seems to have weird upper arm to lower arm proportions! Which is why I'd be more inclined to go for the M33 after all. Or rather... wait, until somebody releases a not-too-buff male body with realistic proportions.

The female LDDoll figures, especially the EU28M, look pretty good though. I'd possibly be inclined to accept the seam and floppy feet.

The awkward posing of the fingers bugs me though. If I were to develop one of these I wouldn't release it until I figured out a way to use joints and stiff bars to avoid sausage fingers. That must be doable!

I hadn't actually noticed the upper to lower arm proportions on this (I do now). Just been happier with the less exaggerated shoulders. But generally, M33 and M34 remain my favorites. One can only hope TBLeague will go back to making more male (and female) body types (and colors), and hopefully snap out of this anime phase (although it has been kind to my wallet).

I'm tempted by the slender female figure too, but that's a lot of money for a base body that can't stand.

With enough careful posing, one can probably get the fingers to look more realistic, but I agree, they do have a bit of a sausage aspect to them. Still surprised by how well they work, given how easily they are moved and bent.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's interesting but there are things that do annoy me, the elbows are the first, they look like they are just a wire armature and nothing else and the other is the stomach area, there's no way they think that's an acceptable "six pack".

The fingers are also weird, which I feel is normal for all "bendy" hands, to me they always look weird and kinda like sausages.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? - Page 2 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:That's interesting but there are things that do annoy me, the elbows are the first, they look like they are just a wire armature and nothing else and the other is the stomach area, there's no way they think that's an acceptable "six pack".

The fingers are also weird, which I feel is normal for all "bendy" hands,  to me they always  look weird and kinda like sausages.

I have the feeling there is wire armature (which is softer and would make curved wider angles than an actual hard metal endoskeleton), although the parts corresponding to the long bones in the upper and lower legs have been placed inside hard metal tubes -- or so it seems. The fingers are probably too narrow and too small for these, and again no actual joints. There are various aspects of this product that could have been improved reasonably easily (with different choices), but that last part is probably less likely than the others in practical terms. The joints would be tiny and yet would have to bend quite a ways and hold that position. Also, getting the finger shape of the rubbery flesh to look more natural would be just as difficult, if not more.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Butcher! - Lol!

As for the body. Looks ok. The six pack could use some work (the TBLeague looking the better of the two). His wrists look on the fat side. Lower arm muscle definition would help. I wonder if some day any of these companies will solve the issue with the knee and elbow areas, as they tend to look off once the arm (or leg) is bend to 90 degree's or more.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:Butcher! - Lol!

As for the body. Looks ok. The six pack could use some work (the TBLeague looking the better of the two). His wrists look on the fat side. Lower arm muscle definition would help. I wonder if some day any of these companies will solve the issue with the knee and elbow areas, as they tend to look off once the arm (or leg) is bend to 90 degree's or more.
Glad you got a laugh out of it. I think we're on the same page about this body. The asymmetric six pack is still distracting. The wrists could be better, and so could the upper feet (the slope seems too steep). The bends are a bit soft, I agree, but in this instance there might be just bendable wires on the inside instead of actual joints. But above everything else, such figures (and the female versions, of course) ought to be able to stand on their own.

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:
ukshaun wrote:Butcher! - Lol!

Glad you got a laugh out of it. I think we're on the same page about this body. The asymmetric six pack is still distracting. The wrists could be better, and so could the upper feet (the slope seems too steep). The bends are a bit soft, I agree, but in this instance there might be just bendable wires on the inside instead of actual joints. But above everything else, such figures (and the female versions, of course) ought to be able to stand on their own.

I agree, all 1/6th figures should be able to stand on their own. Many 1/6th scales lack such an ability.
My Hot Toys Cat Woman has super loose ankle joints, and a stand is the only option.
Sideshow Collectibles 1/6th figure's are known for loose joints.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum