OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

HWMNBN Topic: Holiday 1/6 Shopping Tips

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HWMNBN Topic: Holiday 1/6 Shopping Tips Empty HWMNBN Topic: Holiday 1/6 Shopping Tips Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:52 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
1. When shopping online (eBay), use common sense precautions. If it’s too good to be true, it is.

2. Shop around with realistic and reasonable expectations.

3. Shop within your means and don’t go into credit card debt.

4. Don’t feel compelled to overspend because you “must have it.” Anything 1/6 is a want not a need.

5. If you buy it and actually get it: open it and enjoy it. Don’t let it languish being unopened/unused.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

HWMNBN Topic: Holiday 1/6 Shopping Tips C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the tips, 'Voldemort'. Wink That is a timely reminder with some good advice. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
All sensible advice. But are we sure that last bit came from HWMNBN (previously HWSNBN)? Because isn't he the guy that stockpiles multiple boxes of the same product and does not open them? Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:All sensible advice. But are we sure that last bit came from HWMNBN (previously HWSNBN)? Because isn't he the guy that stockpiles multiple boxes of the same product and does not open them? Smile

I had a chuckle about that one myself. I’ve seen where he does open some of them, usually to break them down into their separate parts — whether or not he intends to sell them. I do believe, and he can correct me if I’m wrong, that he does at least open ONE of them, since he buys in bulk (like the latest Miss Spetsnaz, he POd six units).

Diana

Diana
Heh, good advice.
I've been tempted to buy more boxes to sell with profit later, but that would require storage space, which is a valuable resource around my place. So I've not done it. And I think I'd rather just not get into it. Even though it seems that the profit is pretty much guaranteed. I just don't like thinking about my hobby that way. Rolling Eyes

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
All reasonable points. Mark, it would make sense if he opens at least one, but I can't promise you he always does. Then again, what do I know. The ways of HWSNBN/HWMNSN are mysterious. And Diana, I totally agree -- he doesn't seem to sell them for profit, yet, as far as I know; but hogging multiples of things that are not army builders (if he were stockpiling on stormtroopers, I would be jealous but couldn't blame him) and renting a storage unit to store them unopened seems a bit much to me.

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
God, point 5 is one that is currently happening with me, I still have 3 unopened figures that I still have to put together. Its a real problem when the motivation you have gets drained out of you and you are always tired, so you cant enjoy the things anymore that you used to love, because everything seems so pointless to you.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Obviously I need to work on Tip #2 within the context of Black Friday sales. These McDiscounts being offered on $100+ figures won’t even cover a trip to Starbucks. Fortunately, that puts me in very little danger of breaking Tips #3-5.

My Holiday Shopping tip? If you didn’t want it bad enough to at pay full price, then you’ll probably regret buying it on sale.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Xavion2004 wrote:
My Holiday Shopping tip?  If you didn’t want it bad enough to at pay full price, then you’ll probably regret buying it on sale.

…and I’m really being tested on this one by Timewalker Toys and their Black Friday $153 shipped (in the U.S) Royal Defenders and Knights of Fire. I have to keep reminding myself that I was never seriously considering any of those figures until I saw that price.

Timewalker got it right. That’s the way to run a Black Friday sale if you’re going to have one.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ZeroDelta wrote:God, point 5 is one that is currently happening with me, I still have 3 unopened figures that I still have to put together. Its a real problem when the motivation you have gets drained out of you and you are always tired, so you cant enjoy the things anymore that you used to love, because everything seems so pointless to you.

Right there with you. I have at least 30-40 boxed sets that I have yet to assemble. A lot of Lord of the Rings sets, that just seems so daunting that it’s hard to get motivated, and a few military figures (Saving Private Ryan) that the idea of making my arthritic hands hurt even more just seems pointless.

csyeung

csyeung
Very good tips. Although sometimes it's hard to keep to them in the heat of the moment with bidding. Best to hold the line on your max bids that you feel comfortable with. I'm of the mind to buy stuff you can have fun/enjoy rather than potential increase in value as 1/6 prices can fluctuate, esp with hot toys figures.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum