OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Moonbase Alpha Male

GubernatorFan wrote:My lack of comic book expertise keeps me from worrying too much about the color.
Poison Ivy has been all over the place in 50 years, from simply a mad botanist criminal, to some kind of Swamp-Thing level plant elemental more recently.  The full pink human skin is more the former, but the plant garb is more the latter, so it's a bit of a mismatch (that few will be troubled by).
GubernatorFan wrote:Cuke Toys has an upcoming (or recent) construction worker set --   https://www.ebay.com/itm/133605922059?hash=item1f1b88950b:g:Iy8AAOSwpZhe8sA4

In your first recollection (pre pinpointing to Cuke Toys), you may have been thinking of those 3 or 4 sets that Mens Hommes made of construction workers. (They had great tools especially).  Some may be still out there.

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller - Page 2 Robot_10

SithDarkLordDFC

My recommendation / thoughts on this offering . . . not that it matters or anyone gives a . . .

I'm leery of it for a number of reasons that are obvious.

I'd say wait until actual in hand production pictures are available with initial impressions from those who are taking the risk by pre-ordering it.

I'm not swayed by the excitement or the marketing for it.

Ghost808

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:My lack of comic book expertise keeps me from worrying too much about the color.
Poison Ivy has been all over the place in 50 years, from simply a mad botanist criminal, to some kind of Swamp-Thing level plant elemental more recently.  The full pink human skin is more the former, but the plant garb is more the latter, so it's a bit of a mismatch (that few will be troubled by).
She has gone through quite a few variations over the years.

I think for non-comic aficionados, she'll be best known in recent years as Uma Thurman's Ivy, in the truly awful Batman & Robin. Or from her animated escapades in the various cartoons. Both of which saw her as a green swamp thing type character.
It probably won't bother most, because, as you say, everyone will remember a different version anyway.
Its more just a personal gripe. I always liked the plant/human experiment-gone-wrong vibe.

Also a green seamless body would have been useful for quite a few custom bashes.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
MBAM - I don't know if I knew about these. Somewhere I acquired a hard hat a while back, so it may be from them.

Ghost808 - I think I finally got it. Yes, I do remember her as Uma Thurman.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Found some bigger photos.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks Mark, still a promising product, depending on what one wants or expects, but again, who knows what will come out in the end.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
She’s been in stock at Giantoy for a couple of days now. I tried to hold out for some in hand pics, but Giantoy usually sells out pretty quickly.  If I miss out on her at Giantoy, I’m looking at up to another 60 USD to get her somewhere else.

Please, 1/6 Gods…let her be as good as the promotional pics or at least pretty damn close.  I really don’t need a 220 USD mistake to fix right now.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Mine is on the way, but it could be another couple of weeks before it arrives.

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller - Page 2 C8485110

Diana

Diana
I hope for you guys that she will be as amazing as she looks in the promos. And I am looking forward to in hand pictures! Even though I'll cry if the head is as pretty...

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I’m starting to wonder if Mark, myself, and two posters on Collector Freaks are the only people in the world that bought this figure. There’s nothing on BBICN, she hasn’t been parted out by any Chinese eBay sellers, there are no videos that I can find, the Chinese eBay sellers that are offering the complete figure are only providing the promo pics, and X2Y’s Facebook page doesn’t even mention that she’s been released.

I hope this isn’t an indication of how the production version turned out!

Ghost808

Ghost808
I'm still disappointed that she doesn't come with a hard hat and clipboard.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Xavion2004 wrote:I’m starting to wonder if Mark, myself, and two posters on Collector Freaks are the only people in the world that bought this figure.   There’s nothing on BBICN, she hasn’t been parted out by any Chinese eBay sellers, there are no videos that I can find, the Chinese eBay sellers that are offering the complete figure are only providing the promo pics, and X2Y’s Facebook page doesn’t even mention that she’s been released.

I hope this isn’t an indication of how the production version turned out!

Hopefully we’ll find out soon.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
…and I have a 220 USD mistake to fix…

Yikes

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yikes, indeed. You’d think the seller would have aligned those movable eyes before posting.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Stryker2011 wrote:Yikes, indeed. You’d think the seller would have aligned those movable eyes before posting.

That definitely would have helped.

csyeung

csyeung
Think I saw some in hand pics on the giantoy facebook group. Looked better than the ebay shots above. Head may be on the slightly larger size for the body.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Well, I was ready to kick the Bloody Shaman Witch Hunters to the curb too after the first eBay pics surfaced, and I ended up loving them, so I’ll have to see what she looks like with her eyes properly posed. The hairstyle is a disappointment though (that was a big selling point), and the head does look a little large for the body, but that could just be the camera prospective.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
There are some shots on Flickr. Doesn't look bad ...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/195050926@N02/52342174267/in/dateposted/

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
MUCH better. Still disappointing compared to the prototype, but at least we’re in the same zip code now. She’s gone from “Go Directly to eBay, Do Not Pass Go” to being worth working with.

Thanks for posting that link, RH. I had been looking everywhere for more pics with no success.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Mine arrived today. Box is pretty big -- mainly to accommodate all the plant parts. I have to say, I'm not unhappy with it. The sculpt is reminiscent of the Shaman figures and very pretty. I would say it's no bigger than the shaman sculpts as far as ratio to body (so, yes, a smidge on the bigger size, but not as apparent in hand as those bad eBay shots would have you believe. You definitely need to move the eyes off center, as they give the sculpt more personality. Here's a quick shot, mostly out of the box (you have to put the arm and leg pieces, and the skirt on the figure. I moved the eyes ever so slightly and took a couple pics with only minor lighting differences. (I think you'll like her, Tom).

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller - Page 2 _dsc3758
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller - Page 2 _dsc3759

She comes with "sword" gripping hands (or in this case, plant gripping) and flat and arched feet, but I still haven't quite figured out what I want to do with the plant stuff.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
I got mine today also. I'm also very happy with the figure. There are a few things that need to be touched up on. One is how the head connects to the peg. It's just a whole and it tends to sit a little low. May try to put a Nick Peg glued in to keep her head from going any lower. Also the promo pictures show the hair parted to the side quite a bit. I think whoever glued the hair to the scalp did it so it is part it down the middle. I did not like that, and the hair cannot be removed from the scalp. It's glued down pretty good. So I'm not concerned about ever moving her eyes, so once I got them into a position I like which is pretty much straight on. I put a little glue on the skull, and placed it so the hair is parted to the side correctly. I'll try to take some pictures and post them later.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad she turned out fine. Pretty nice figure, actually, even if not quite as stunning as those high quality promotional images.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:I got mine today also. I'm also very happy with the figure. There are a few things that need to be touched up on. One is how the head connects to the peg. It's just a whole and it tends to sit a little low. May try to put a Nick Peg glued in to keep her head from going any lower. Also the promo pictures show the hair parted to the side quite a bit. I think whoever glued the hair to the scalp did it so it is part it down the middle. I did not like that, and the hair cannot be removed from the scalp. It's glued down pretty good. So I'm not concerned about ever moving her eyes, so once I got them into a position I like which is pretty much straight on. I put a little glue on the skull, and placed it so the hair is parted to the side correctly. I'll try to take some pictures and post them later.

I'm sure that will look great, and I look forward to seeing what you do with her.  Quick side note on something that might be a useful supplement for her outfit or her environment:  Michaels has two kinds of silicone molds to make leaves with (both priced at $9 minus a constantly available 30% off coupon).  The one I got https://www.michaels.com/leaves-premium-push-mold-by-craft-smart/10511438.html is meant for clay, and perfect for 1/6 scale (Leaves Premium Push Mold By Craft Smart® $9).  They also have one in the section for making foods (Leaves Silicone Fondant Mold by Celebrate It® $9 https://www.michaels.com/leaves-silicone-fondant-mold-by-celebrate-it/10664061.html) that is also silicone, and would work just as well, but the scale might be off.

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller - Page 2 10511410

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Stryker2011 wrote:Mine arrived today. Box is pretty big -- mainly to accommodate all the plant parts. I have to say, I'm not unhappy with it. The sculpt is reminiscent of the Shaman figures and very pretty. I would say it's no bigger than the shaman sculpts as far as ratio to body (so, yes, a smidge on the bigger size, but not as apparent in hand as those bad eBay shots would have you believe. You definitely need to move the eyes off center, as they give the sculpt more personality. Here's a quick shot, mostly out of the box (you have to put the arm and leg pieces, and the skirt on the figure. I moved the eyes ever so slightly and took a couple pics with only minor lighting differences. (I think you'll like her, Tom).

I think I will too. It’s just a matter of getting through the initial “It doesn’t look like the prototype!” phase and onto appreciating the figure on its own merits. Thanks for posting the pics!

csyeung

csyeung
I think it looks nice Mark! Thanks for the pics!

Wasn't there an old north korean lady that made 1/6 leaves, ask Ovy!  haha =P

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Here she is as promised. Hair correctly place (parted to the side. Not the middle)
The production figure has the hair place on the scalp parted down the middle. I turned the scalp so it in like the promo pictures. Parted down to one side. Looks way better this way to me.

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller - Page 2 52348532050_53572edca6_h20220910_133410 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller - Page 2 52348354068_57bce5bfdc_b20220910_132631 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller - Page 2 52348354098_824a7bc1ff_b20220910_132538 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller - Page 2 52348423124_e3135e2eda_b20220910_132532 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

csyeung

csyeung
Looks great AFM!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice Job on the hair placement of the scalp.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice Job on the hair placement of the scalp.

Thanks. It amazes me how much it make a difference. I wish Quality Control would have made sure the hair was glued down like the promo, then I would still get to enjoy the ability to move the eyes. Fortunately I prefer looks for the eye option.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum