OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
list:
Head sculpt (movable eyes)*1
TBLeague 1/6 scale female seamless body with metal skeleton *1
Side slit top*1
Leaf apron*1
Upper arm armor*2
Fore arm armor *2
Calf armor*2
Hands*4
Feet*2
Tree vine python*1
Spike rattan*1
Cane whip*1

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller 9401eb10
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller 982e1c10
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller 6d3c8c10
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller 11848d10
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller 97820610
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller 67e8c410
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller 8dc41910
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller 4f95d310
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller 8d26e910
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller 1303b910
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller A68f8010
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller 168d1910
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller 12d43e10
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller B4dd9210
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller 2e608610

#newproduct #X2YToys #PlantController #female #comicbook-based #villain

csyeung

csyeung
Looks like an ok comic book version of poison ivy. This piece is fairly expensive though so far from what I've seen for an unlicensed piece. Maybe the plant part is super heavy?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, I’m guessing the complexity of the plant stuff, the movable eyes head, and that they are using a $70 TBL body are the main contributing factors to the cost (that and the built-in shipping costs).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller C8485110

Diana

Diana
I LOVE HER! The head sculpt with those movable eyes especially, but I'm guessing that will be hard to get parted out, or ridiculously expensive. I shall give my bank account a rest though.

Theflyingman

Does the head look a different skin tone from the body?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Theflyingman wrote:Does the head look a different skin tone from the body?

In some of the pics, yes. In others, no. Could just be the lighting and shadows — hard to say.

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A very attractive rendition of Poison Ivy. "Plant Controller" made me expect a work supervisor or administrator of a factory, this was quite different from what I expected. Also, this is probably the first head with movable eyes I've seen in quite a while that I really like.

Annalise

Annalise
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller Plant_10

I get that they are hiding from the copyright police, but how is anyone supposed to figure out if they want this figure based on this photo alone? "oh, legs and a plant skirt. Sure, I'll PO that for $230." I love Giantoy, but sometimes idk. Good thing I know to come here for the real preview and thanks Mark for posting it.

Still I wish they would be more forthcoming with the information. Which TBL body? Looks like S10D/S12D. Pale or ST? I can see bash potential for this as a wood elf or forest witch, but I need more info to do any planning. Good news is ETA is a whole year from now, so plenty of time to ponder.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm not all that familiar with the character, least of all with the comics or animated versions. So, for me, they could just as well have labeled her Supernatural Woodland Nymph or something like that. I think it would have been just as effective, possibly worry-free, and still enough to draw both people that just happen to like the set and people actually looking for the supposed source character.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I try to stick to 1/12 for mainstream superheroes, but this is a must have for me, especially since I don’t have any figures of Poison Ivy…in any scale…in her natural skin color. (The light green skin has become much more popular since Hush). The execution is just beautiful from top to bottom. I don’t personally know this company though, so I’m going to wait until she’s actually released as opposed to preordering.

brazybear

brazybear
Gorgeous headsculpt. Looks sexy without trying too hard. Never knew how badly I needed a good 1/6th Poison Ivy until I realized how good this will go with my 1/6 Harley, especially since I'm a fan of the animated Harley show where they're a couple.

BUT...

I've never heard of X2Y toys before. Tried to find other figures from them and the only one I could find was that bikini storm trooper Neutral What do you folks think the odds are that the headsculpt is going to look as good as it does in the pictures?

She's brushing her hair aside, NOT punching herself in the face Laughing

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
At first when I saw her and the price, I was "Like No way". But then i knew I would probably regret it after she was unavailable. So i went a head and PO. I made a custom Poison Ivy a while ago, but like this one better. Oh well, guess I can rename my custom as another female villain.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
This is definitely a nice set, really tempted because of the eye feature and the vine python
ala Britney Spears with boa pose
but alas her pheromones won't work on me after seeing the price tag!

Any guess as to what that TBL body is?

Valiarde

Valiarde
I like the head and the piranha plant.

Not a fan of the outfit though, looks like cheap plastic imo

Diana

Diana
rollotomasi wrote:This is definitely a nice set, really tempted because of the eye feature and the vine python
ala Britney Spears with boa pose
but alas her pheromones won't work on me after seeing the price tag!

Any guess as to what that TBL body is?

Her anatomy is hard to see (width of shoulders and thigh gap), but my first guess is the S33A.
Definitely not one of my favorites, but it seems to work for the figure.

I'm still torn. That head is so nice, and so are the plants, but I don't care to have a Poison Ivy figure so the body and costume are irrelevant. There might still be some takers on Ebay for those who want to use a different head sculpt anyway, but... Ebay is hassle... Rolling Eyes

Hoping someone will make a loose head like this?

Ovy

Ovy
Aren't red nails an indicator for Jiaous? Although I have no need for this, I wish everyone who needs the head an affordable and good quality one. The eyelashes look a bit thick and clockwork orange like though and not sure if there is just green light or green tint  on the face

If I tape leaves onto me I will be

Poison Ovy

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
If the outfit is not made of very soft plastic, I fear the torso and legs won't be very posable on this figure. I had a very unpleasant experience with the costume of the Cat Toys Flower Fairy kit, which is similar in design and is made out of thin hard plastic. When trying a simple sitting position, the whole thing broke under minimal mechanical stress. I'm not sure, if there will be similar issues with this set, but I would expect limited posabilty.

Sorry to be a party pooper...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:If I tape leaves onto me I will be

Poison Ovy

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller Giphy

Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Good eye, Ovy, but they specify TBLeague body as part of the set. It is possible the hands were specially made with painted nails. Otherwise, yes, Jiaou base bodies come with painted nails, TBLeague base bodies do not.

Ghost808

Ghost808
GubernatorFan wrote:A very attractive rendition of Poison Ivy. "Plant Controller" made me expect a work supervisor or administrator of a factory, this was quite different from what I expected. Also, this is probably the first head with movable eyes I've seen in quite a while that I really like.
Haha, I expected the exact same. I've been keeping an eye out for a hard hat, tools etc for a bash, so clicked on this expecting some cigar chomping, coverall wearing factory supervisor!

On the subject of the figure, my only gripe besides the cost, is the skin tone. It feels too neutral for the real Ivy. She was always much more greenish yellow.
Agree though. Lovely HS.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
My lack of comic book expertise keeps me from worrying too much about the color.

Cuke Toys has an upcoming (or recent) construction worker set --

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133605922059?hash=item1f1b88950b:g:Iy8AAOSwpZhe8sA4

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:My lack of comic book expertise keeps me from worrying too much about the color.
Poison Ivy has been all over the place in 50 years, from simply a mad botanist criminal, to some kind of Swamp-Thing level plant elemental more recently.  The full pink human skin is more the former, but the plant garb is more the latter, so it's a bit of a mismatch (that few will be troubled by).
GubernatorFan wrote:Cuke Toys has an upcoming (or recent) construction worker set --   https://www.ebay.com/itm/133605922059?hash=item1f1b88950b:g:Iy8AAOSwpZhe8sA4

In your first recollection (pre pinpointing to Cuke Toys), you may have been thinking of those 3 or 4 sets that Mens Hommes made of construction workers. (They had great tools especially).  Some may be still out there.

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller Robot_10

SithDarkLordDFC

SithDarkLordDFC
My recommendation / thoughts on this offering . . . not that it matters or anyone gives a . . .

I'm leery of it for a number of reasons that are obvious.

I'd say wait until actual in hand production pictures are available with initial impressions from those who are taking the risk by pre-ordering it.

I'm not swayed by the excitement or the marketing for it.

~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller 23116610

Ghost808

Ghost808
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:My lack of comic book expertise keeps me from worrying too much about the color.
Poison Ivy has been all over the place in 50 years, from simply a mad botanist criminal, to some kind of Swamp-Thing level plant elemental more recently.  The full pink human skin is more the former, but the plant garb is more the latter, so it's a bit of a mismatch (that few will be troubled by).
She has gone through quite a few variations over the years.

I think for non-comic aficionados, she'll be best known in recent years as Uma Thurman's Ivy, in the truly awful Batman & Robin. Or from her animated escapades in the various cartoons. Both of which saw her as a green swamp thing type character.
It probably won't bother most, because, as you say, everyone will remember a different version anyway.
Its more just a personal gripe. I always liked the plant/human experiment-gone-wrong vibe.

Also a green seamless body would have been useful for quite a few custom bashes.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
MBAM - I don't know if I knew about these. Somewhere I acquired a hard hat a while back, so it may be from them.

Ghost808 - I think I finally got it. Yes, I do remember her as Uma Thurman.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum