OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

actionfiguremovies2

Here she is as promised. Hair correctly place (parted to the side. Not the middle)
The production figure has the hair place on the scalp parted down the middle. I turned the scalp so it in like the promo pictures. Parted down to one side. Looks way better this way to me.

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller - Page 3 52348532050_53572edca6_h20220910_133410 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller - Page 3 52348354068_57bce5bfdc_b20220910_132631 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller - Page 3 52348354098_824a7bc1ff_b20220910_132538 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller - Page 3 52348423124_e3135e2eda_b20220910_132532 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

csyeung

Looks great AFM!

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Nice Job on the hair placement of the scalp.

actionfiguremovies2

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice Job on the hair placement of the scalp.

Thanks. It amazes me how much it make a difference. I wish Quality Control would have made sure the hair was glued down like the promo, then I would still get to enjoy the ability to move the eyes. Fortunately I prefer looks for the eye option.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
I initially didn't understand how you can turn the scalp so I watched Youtube,
so the removable scalp is dome-shaped, that explains it.
In my mind it was a regular rooted scalp extending down to the back of the neck.
Looks way better now.

The reviews don't mention the TBL body's skintone. Is it pale or suntan?
Hope you guys can try on different redhead sculpts and post pics.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:Thanks. It amazes me how much it make a difference. I wish Quality Control would have made sure the hair was glued down like the promo, then I would still get to enjoy the ability to move the eyes. Fortunately I prefer looks for the eye option.  

It does make a huge difference, and if I could only change one thing about the figure, that would be it. I can understand the head sculpt not living up to the lofty expectations set by the promo pics, but there’s no excuse for getting the hairstyle wrong. You did a fantastic job, but I just don’t have the skill or the inclination to make the modifications you did.

Mine should arrive this week, but her fate is still to be determined. I’m feeling the crunch with the cost of living going up, and for what companies are charging for 1/6 figures these days, I need “meets or exceeds expectations”, not “falls short of expectations, but still pretty nice overall.”

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I received mine today. She does have a certain amount of charm, but has anyone else had problems with the scalp staying on?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Mine stays on okay, but it does come off easier than most of these magnetic scalps. At least mine doesn’t fall off.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller - Page 3 C8485110

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Someone else had the same idea I did after seeing Melancholia’s recent post on the “Latest Purchase” thread.   It’s nice to see how the S42 head actually looks on the “Plant Controller” body.  

Kitbashed Plant Controller on eBay

There are too many little problems with the stock head sculpt that add up to it just not working for me, but I really like the rest of the figure. I have another head sculpt coming that I really like, but the hair is more brown than red.

Mascustomfigures

I received mine last week, the head is larger in hand compared to the promo shots. The head was seriously bothering me so I decided to swap it. I had an extra headsculpt, so I gave it a repaint. I went from liking the figure to loving her now. The accessories/weapons are awesome as well.

Mascustomfigures

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller - Page 3 273f0610
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller - Page 3 D2638e10
comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller - Page 3 2ecb1f10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Excellent figure, and great use of that Angelina Jolie sculpt.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

comicbook-based - NEW PRODUCT: X2Y TOYS: HS001 1/6 Scale Plant Controller - Page 3 C8485110

ukshaun

ukshaun
The leafy outfit works well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

csyeung

csyeung
Looks great with new headsculpt!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice customization of the character!

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Love the custom sculpt on Poison Ivy! Angela Jolie is a good fit for the edgier side of Ivy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum