OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ZCGirl . . . remember them?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ZCGirl . . . remember them? Empty ZCGirl . . . remember them? Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:58 am

SithDarkLordDFC

SithDarkLordDFC
See subject.

"Black Angel" was their very first 1:6 female figure.

ZCGirl . . . remember them? Image10

They still have a website (CAUTION: non-https).

http://zcgirl.com/v2/BrowseCategory.aspx?cid=18&lang=en

~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

ZCGirl . . . remember them? 23116610

2ZCGirl . . . remember them? Empty Re: ZCGirl . . . remember them? Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:15 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
That must have been shortly after I got out of I/6. I wasn’t around for ZCGirl or Triad. There wasn’t a whole lot going on outside of Cool/Cy Girls when it came to 1/6 figures back in those days. The few female figures that Dragon released at the time were pretty hideous (like my beloved Danger Girls. Where was Very Cool and TBLeague when we needed them?!? Razz ). The most exciting third part y items I can remember were those racing girl clothing sets.

3ZCGirl . . . remember them? Empty Re: ZCGirl . . . remember them? Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:41 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh Triad... there was much to like about some of their stuff, especially back there. But they were also notorious for brittle, easily breakable joints (especially the damn biceps cut) and staining clothing. I am less familiar with ZCGirl, although there are probably multiple parted out items from them in my heaps of clothing and accessories.

4ZCGirl . . . remember them? Empty Re: ZCGirl . . . remember them? Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:13 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Xavion2004 wrote:That must have been shortly after I got out of I/6.  I wasn’t around for ZCGirl or Triad.  There wasn’t a whole lot going on outside of Cool/Cy Girls when it came to 1/6 figures back in those days.   The few female figures that Dragon released at the time were pretty hideous (like my beloved Danger Girls.  Where was Very Cool and TBLeague when we needed them?!? Razz ).  The most exciting third part y items I can remember were those racing girl clothing sets.

I'm actually surprised TBLeague hasn't tackled the women of Image Comics. I mean, so much material that falls within their wheelhouse (Danger Girl, Witchblade, Aspen, Wetworks, etc. -- tons of hot, scantily-clad "babes" for them to show off -- hell, even Lara Croft had her own series). I suppose they are making enough money, and not having to share, making up their own stuff. (Too bad, I was really hoping they would continue with the Court of the Dead theme from Sideshow -- I see Threezero is handling the male figures -- but nary a word on any more of the female characters).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

ZCGirl . . . remember them? C8485110

5ZCGirl . . . remember them? Empty Re: ZCGirl . . . remember them? Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:27 pm

SithDarkLordDFC

SithDarkLordDFC
Stryker2011 wrote:I'm actually surprised TBLeague hasn't tackled the women of Image Comics. I mean, so much material that falls within their wheelhouse (Danger Girl, Witchblade, Aspen, Wetworks, etc. -- tons of hot, scantily-clad "babes" for them to show off -- hell, even Lara Croft had her own series). I suppose they are making enough money, and not having to share, making up their own stuff. (Too bad, I was really hoping they would continue with the Court of the Dead theme from Sideshow -- I see Threezero is handling the male figures -- but nary a word on any more of the female characters).

--

Take this with a grain of salt.

IMAGE was approached over the years, but . . .

The characters supposedly approached for possible 1:6 treatment are not necessarily controlled or owned by IMAGE, but the respective creators/studios that owns the characters published by IMAGE Comics.

Conjectures range from difficultly, financial greed, indifference, and zero interest depending the individual creators and studios.

EXAMPLE:

J. Scott Campbell the creator of Danger Girl maintains a presence on social media (Facebook). Danger Girl was given the 1:6 treatment years ago with a couple of figures produced by DML.

He was approached previously to license Danger Girl for the 1:6 treatment, but he is not interested in doing so now or for the foreseeable future.

~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

ZCGirl . . . remember them? 23116610

6ZCGirl . . . remember them? Empty Re: ZCGirl . . . remember them? Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:12 am

Diana

Diana
Isn't Image explicitly for creator owned projects? At least I remember it that way from back in the day.

7ZCGirl . . . remember them? Empty Re: ZCGirl . . . remember them? Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:07 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Diana wrote:Isn't Image explicitly for creator owned projects? At least I remember it that way from back in the day.

It is, so you’d think it wouldn’t be as difficult to deal with one individual as opposed to a massive corporation. But, perhaps their egos are preventing them licensing stuff out. Though you see plenty of expensive licensed stuff (like statues) of some of this stuff.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

ZCGirl . . . remember them? C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum