OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question about cleaning Seamless figures

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Question about cleaning Seamless figures Empty Question about cleaning Seamless figures Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:58 am

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
With me getting the KoF Leona figure, it meas I also have the first female seamless figure in my collection. What I want to know is, how do you guys keep such figures clean? How do I get dust off them? The silicon skin seems to be a dust magnet and specially at the midriff area I have a hard time getting rid of it. So, are there any special cleaning tools I need to get or are there other ways to do that?

Valiarde

Valiarde
(Dish) soap, warm water, sponge and baby powder (talkum) after drying.

But I rarely need to do that tbf, I have one standing here on my shelf for over a year in the 'crafting room' which can get very dusty or messy and I see no problems with the dust on seamless parts of the figure.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
There is a dedicated topic for this, perhaps in Tutorials. If need be, wash, pat try, and cover in protective powder. Or use a mini roller lint brush to pick up the fibers and dust, then cover in protective powder.

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
I dont know what it is in my place, but I had the figure standing on my desk for a few days since getting it and there was black dust particles on it, I suppose its because I am living near a busy road and its the fine dust particles or whatever, thats why I asked. I guess I need to buy talcum powder now

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It doesn't need to be talcum. Baby powder, corn starch, cosmetic silicone finishing powder all work.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
If there are exposed skin areas that are getting dusty, these can be cleaned without removing all the clothing. You just need some small pieces of tape (like scotch tape or tamiya masking tape), which you can use to pick up the dust particles from the 'skin'. Once those are removed, you will still probably need to re-apply a bit of protective powder back onto the exposed areas (makeup powder, baby powder, corn starch, whatever you prefer). I use a small makeup brush or small cake-dusting brushfor that very purpose, but i guess even something like a small, soft paintbrush could work. Just take care to not get too much powder on the surrounding clothing, or at least brush off the clothing as well once finished.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Get a makeup brush, like the ones women use to apply blush, and you can generally brush off the dust particles.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Question about cleaning Seamless figures C8485110

SithDarkLordDFC

SithDarkLordDFC
WELL . . .

For starters, the 1:6 Maidservant figure draws a nice hot bath for mine. She disrobes behind the privacy screen and then steps out wearing a cotton robe and then slips it off while she enters the 1:6 bath tub. She soaks in it for a while the 1:6 Maidservant figure drop some scented oils. The Maidservant gently scrubs her with an exfoliating sponge and . . .

~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Question about cleaning Seamless figures 23116610

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum