OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The cost of 1:6 figures are increasing . . . DUH!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SithDarkLordDFC

SithDarkLordDFC
See subject.

Not that anyone cares or notices, but . . .

The cost of new 1:6 figures are continuing to rise.

2022 will be more expensive compared to prior years.

What to do?

That's up to you based on your 1:6 collecting preferences.

Me?

I'll continue to do what I've always done, but I'm more selective of what I buy.

Some of you may have to consider the quantity route (buy more to save more and sell the extras to make a profit while keeping one for yourself and extra parts for builds, etc.) if your financial situation allows it.

Some of you may have to have a conversation with your 1:6 vendor to see if a further discount is possible, etc.

Some of you may have to simply cut back further.

1:6 is a want and not a need.

Whatever the case . . .

1. It's getting more expensive.

2. Spend smartly and wisely.

3. Exercise self-control.

4. If you're unable to get it, then accept the fact it was not meant to be.

5. It's okay to miss out on some 1:6 figures.  It's not the end of the world.

~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

The cost of 1:6 figures are increasing . . . DUH! 23116610

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
1:6 is a want and not a need.  BLASPHEMY!!!

Whatever the case . . .

1. It's getting more expensive. Sadly true

2. Spend smartly and wisely. BUT WHY???!!!!

3. Exercise self-control. Too late

4. If you're unable to get it, then accept the fact it was not meant to be. NEVER! NEVER, I SAY!!!

5. It's okay to miss out on some 1:6 figures.  It's not the end of the world. Bite your tongue!!!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The cost of 1:6 figures are increasing . . . DUH! C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Amen, Stryker, Amen!

SithDarkLordDFC

SithDarkLordDFC
Stryker2011 wrote:1:6 is a want and not a need.  BLASPHEMY!!!

Whatever the case . . .

1. It's getting more expensive. Sadly true

2. Spend smartly and wisely. BUT WHY???!!!!

3. Exercise self-control. Too late

4. If you're unable to get it, then accept the fact it was not meant to be. NEVER! NEVER, I SAY!!!

5. It's okay to miss out on some 1:6 figures.  It's not the end of the world. Bite your tongue!!!

GubernatorFan wrote:Amen, Stryker, Amen!

--

I never believed one day me of all collectors would be the level headed/reasonable one in such a discussion.

Did HELL freeze over?

What's with the hand basket and where are we going?

What's next?

Am I going to actually open and set up a 1:6 figure?

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
To a certain point i'm willing to spend more money on a product with significantly higher quality/detail. for example i'm thankful and glad dragon figures where around when i got into the hobby and had me army build a collection at affordable prices. Nontheless those figures are now stored properly in my basement for they look far to dated compared to todays standards. where i draw my line is single items like boots at almost triple the price i paid for the shoes i'm wearing on my own feet. stuff like that seems unreasonable to me if the kitbashed figure at the end costs beyond 250+ €

right now i'm in a limbo of sorts anyways, having lots of fun with some 1/12 scale figures(and even those rose above 100€ lately) and my 3d printer providing me with most of the small to medium items at little to no costs for the material.

shazzdan

shazzdan
The cost of everything is increasing. If 2021 inflation was calculated the same way it was in the 1980s, it would be over 15%.

Shipping a container from China to the US has increased over 600% since last year. Used cars have risen 30% since last year. Beef prices are up 21%. Crude oil up 55%. Lumber up 35%. Wheat up 37%. Oats up 114%. Sugar up 33%. Corn up 39%. Housing up 20%. Steel up 137%. Palm Oil up 43%. Coffee up 108%. Toys up 25%. Car rentals up 31%.

This is a good explanation of how shipping costs are inflating the prices of everything else:
https://time.com/6088033/why-inflation-is-rising/

Now there is a urea shortage that is likely to increase food and transportation costs even more:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/global-urea-shortage-could-park-diesel-trucks/ar-AARJpAC?li=BBnb7Kz
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/06/business/urea-fertilizer-food-prices.html

SithDarkLordDFC

SithDarkLordDFC
shazzdan wrote:The cost of everything is increasing. If 2021 inflation was calculated the same way it was in the 1980s, it would be over 15%.

Shipping a container from China to the US has increased over 600% since last year. Used cars have risen 30% since last year. Beef prices are up 21%. Crude oil up 55%. Lumber up 35%. Wheat up 37%. Oats up 114%. Sugar up 33%. Corn up 39%. Housing up 20%. Steel up 137%. Palm Oil up 43%. Coffee up 108%. Toys up 25%.

--

HMMM . . . decisions . . . decisions . . .

Coffee > 1:6

OR

1:6 > Coffee

shazzdan

shazzdan
SithDarkLordDFC wrote:

OR

Get both:

The cost of 1:6 figures are increasing . . . DUH! GUEST_2456b683-539d-4684-8216-607209e105fe?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg

The cost of 1:6 figures are increasing . . . DUH! 5a4208c90116892f8ac88a998bd6f92f

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Currently, I am moving more and more towards solely making custom figures and away from collecting boxed figures. I already don't buy that many boxed figures to begin with, but I find pre-ordering expensive items to be quite stressful these days. Kitbashing, customising, and commissioning pieces can be done at my own pace depending on my financial situation at the time.

I've been waiting for HT to make some particular SW figures that I'm still 'missing' out of my collection for a while now, but those still haven't been announced let alone released, so who knows what will happen there. Most of my SW figures are going to be kitbashes or customs at the current rate I'm going anyway, so I'm not planning to wait around for HT forever. If I have to make the 'missing' figures myself, I will. With 3D printing becoming more prevalent these days, there are a lot more parts available than before when you'd have to wait for someone to part out an HT or Sideshow figure. So, that alleviates some of the 'must purchase immediately' pressure and allows for more options.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
SithDarkLordDFC wrote:

OR

Coffee + 1:12 > 1:6

Return to office is going to eat up a lot of the discretionary money that has allowed me to pay for all of those 1:6 purchases this year.

As far as hell freezing over, I’ll let you know whether or not it has on Jan 4th, my first day back.

SithDarkLordDFC

SithDarkLordDFC
Xavion2004 wrote:Coffee + 1:12 > 1:6

Return to office is going to eat up a lot of the discretionary money that has allowed me to pay for all of those 1:6 purchases this year.

As far as hell freezing over, I’ll let you know whether or not it has on Jan 4th, my first day back.

--

Return to office is not a choice or option for me.

Why?

My manager works from home in IL. My three co-workers work from home in FL, MD, & VT.

I too work from home, but "IF" absolutely necessarily I can go into the office in Jacksonville, FL.

My team is not required to be in the office.

My prior job too was WFH.

WFH have 1:1 advantages and disadvantages.

I'm grateful for WFH because of comfort and convenience while being near my 1:6 figures to keep me company throughout the day.

OH . . . and always having a very clean and sanitized bathroom that is never occupied is a major perk.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
My side of the debate:

Less traffic
Less traffic accidents
Lower insurance rates
Lower gas prices
Fuel conservation
Lower carbon emissions
Higher productivity
Quality of life

Their side of the debate:

“Corporate Culture”

Anyway, back to the subject at hand.  My goal in 2022 is to limit myself to 10 or less 1:6 figures for the year.  I need to become more selective, and that will be tough with so many great figures being produced.

SithDarkLordDFC

SithDarkLordDFC
Xavion2004 wrote:My side of the debate:

Less traffic
Less traffic accidents
Lower insurance rates
Lower gas prices
Fuel conservation
Lower carbon emissions
Higher productivity
Quality of life

Their side of the debate:

“Corporate Culture”

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. My goal in 2022 is to limit myself to 10 or less 1:6 figures for the year. I need to become more selective, and that will be tough with so many great figures being produced.

--

The cost of 1:6 figures are increasing . . . DUH! Bluto_10

SithDarkLordDFC

SithDarkLordDFC
My tentative 2022 1:6 budget plan.

The cost of 1:6 figures are increasing . . . DUH! Velvet10

venator5

venator5
Yeah pretty much.

The prize of the new ones are matching or even more expensive that the ones which released years ago and someone sells them for double prize.

Not to mention the fact that most figures are seems like dropping guality, The ammount of details and items sold for figures are decreasing.

Just in my case DAMTOYS Vicky and Flagset Umir where full of small detailed equipment.
But the newer ones like Laila has only a few equipment and does not even brings back the theme. The figure is just feels weird.

Anyway for me I would just like to collect a few of those "older ones still could be bought" and most likelly I would only buy few times then after.

Most of the time to the benefits of my new production which I will start in Jan 2022. (Seamless bodies and weapons like batons)

Ephiane

Ephiane
Yep, true.
So that has to mean if it is more expensive now, they will not sell as much as before. Because not all of the 1:6 fans can pay that for.
Funny fact : Many Pre Order releases are sold out ! Shocked

If i were the secret Master of all the 1:6 Fans in the world. I will say stop buying. So they have to lower the prices. But they buy as hell. Mad

At last i have to say this is not my cup of tea. I´m not a collector. I´m a basher. But i feel with the collectors here. 200 Euros for a collector 1:6 figure was much, but now the price is 400 Euros. affraid

one/sixth-uals

one/sixth-uals
Hmmm, so I did join this 1/6 hobby at a bad time, when the prices are increasing.... Sad

I found that on Amazon and eBay prices are quite similar, but on AliExpress one can still see a bargain once in a while.

One/Sixth-uals - sexy scenes with 1/6 dolls
OneSixthuals on DeviantArt: photo stories and pictures with my sexy dolls (many NSFW)
OneSixthuals on Flickr: pictures of my dolls (SFW)
https://www.onesixthuals.com

shazzdan

shazzdan
one/sixth-uals wrote:Hmmm, so I did join this 1/6 hobby at a bad time, when the prices are increasing.... Sad

I found that on Amazon and eBay prices are quite similar, but on AliExpress one can still see a bargain once in a while.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t4820-budget-action-figures

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum