OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
My latest purchase form Giantoy arrived yesterday afternoon, (Dec 31). It one of their anime figures, which I've been wanting to get for some time as I am a fan of several Japanese anime series, including Girls und Panzer, Agent Aika, The Magnificent Kotobuki, and High School DxD.

My overall impressions of the figure is that aside from the eyes, which leave something to be desired, it's one of their best. Now I'm not saying that it
has a more realistic body than other figures; quite the contrary, it has a very typical anime style body with a wasp waist, slender shoulders, long legs, huge eyes. It's just that the proportions on this body seem very correct for the look they were going after.  Please note however that the hands are the smallest I've ever seen on a Phicen / TBL League figure and the only props I could fit into them in such a way that they looked right were the Katana and a riding crop, though I'm hoping to find some others that will fit.  Please note also, that the connectors for the hands, feet and head are the smaller ones.  Also, because of the body, it will be quite challenging fitting this figure for clothing other than the bikini it came with, which is unlikely to last long as these moulded bikinis are known to break at the stress points just from being worn. This being said, I'm quite happy with the figure and eager to for TBL to release more along the same concept.

TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics 51792132061_74ffbda6fc_b
010122_0117 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics 51791186827_ba4e1751d8_b
010122_0118 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics 51792249593_fab775c3d6_b
010122_0119 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics 51792506999_481ff31a49_b
010122_0121 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics 51791186612_a234b4188e_b
010122_0122 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the concise review. It does seem to be well done for what it is. Personally, like many others, I'm more interested in TBLeague producing more realistic bodies, but it is nice to see them do a good job for this genre, too.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:Thank you for the concise review. It does seem to be well done for what it is. Personally, like many others, I'm more interested in TBLeague producing more realistic bodies, but it is nice to see them do a good job for this genre, too.

The only weak spot on this figure is the eyes, which don't have either the gloss and depth of the eyes on my other sculpts. They have a Barbie like quality about them.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:The only weak spot on this figure is the eyes, which don't have either the gloss and depth of the eyes on my other sculpts.  They have a Barbie like quality about them.

Maybe that's on purpose, this being anime style?

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:The only weak spot on this figure is the eyes, which don't have either the gloss and depth of the eyes on my other sculpts.  They have a Barbie like quality about them.

Maybe that's on purpose, this being anime style?

I would think more likely to keep the cost down. The size and shape are right. They just don't seem to be up to the standards we've come to expect in the 2020's.

davidd

davidd
I wonder if the eyes would respond well to a dab of gloss varnish?

This is one of my favorite TBLeague body sculpts. Having proportions more in line with a "fashion doll," some clothing items from "playline" dolls (Barbie etcetera) will fit, which offers more options at a lower price for costuming. Also, the figure looks less bulky when dressed than do the full-sized figures.

Finding aftermarket heads that scale properly with this body presents a challenge. I've found that some of the YMToys heads work fairly well.

I'm glad you got one. It will be entertaining, I'm sure, to see what character emerges. She's already looking promising!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:I wonder if the eyes would respond well to a dab of gloss varnish?

This is one of my favorite TBLeague body sculpts. Having proportions more in line with a "fashion doll," some clothing items from "playline" dolls (Barbie etcetera) will fit, which offers more options at a lower price for costuming. Also, the figure looks less bulky when dressed than do the full-sized figures.

Finding aftermarket heads that scale properly with this body presents a challenge. I've found that some of the YMToys heads work fairly well.

I'm glad you got one. It will be entertaining, I'm sure, to see what character emerges. She's already looking promising!

She'll mostly be appearing doing nudies on MWD After Dark for now. I've already painted her nurples using the Gundam Marker technique found in Gubernatorfan's many body painting tutorials. I've take off her bikini as just the stress of having it on for a while can break the straps apparently. It seems most fashion doll clothing is made for small-busted figures, which this one is not, so one way or the other, it will be a bit of a challenge to find or modify clothing to fit her.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
While it's not really my thing, I think it might at least be a bit of an improvement from one of their earlier anime bodies. Hard to tell though without a direct comparison.

The style of the eyes is definitely because it's an anime figure. As we were discussing on a different thread, it's common for certain styles of dolls to have non-glossy eyes.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum