OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Recently, I received YM Toys YM33F head anime style sculpt. I'd been wanting it for a while, but didn't spring for it until a few weeks ago. I had hoped it would fit on the small TBLeague bodies, but as it turns out, it has the standard female neck adapter, so I decided to try in on an S22 body that's seen better days and now serves mainly as a test platform. After trying out a bunch of different outfiits, I found thee one that seemed to fit this body best was in the Kimono Troop style, though the figure will not be a K-Troop member. I also felt that with this figure, less is more, and did not over equip it. Please send me your comments. I'm not sure if I might switch the body out for an S32A body, which has more of an anime / cartoon figure body, or just leave it with the muscular S22A, which I find looks pretty good in this case. Please feel free to add your opinions.

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body 52452002627_daa7698b0e_b

NEW ANIME01

by
Gary Menten, on Flickr

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body 52452523606_f0e71143e8_b
NEW ANIME02 by
Gary Menten, on Flickr

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body 52452796344_2a33ca2976_b
NEW ANIME03 by
Gary Menten, on Flickr

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body 52453039848_b78768615c_b
NEW ANIME04 by
Gary Menten, on Flickr

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body 52452521196_dba5b98bd2_b
NEW ANIME05 by
Gary Menten, on Flickr

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
TBH I'm not a fan of this anime-like head sculpts, but your pictures are really excellent. I especially like the muzzle flashes, which look quite realistic ( -- at least to the eyes of someone who has never fired a gun like me). Smile

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Randam Hajile wrote:TBH I'm not a fan of this anime-like head sculpts, but your pictures are really excellent. I especially like the muzzle flashes, which look quite realistic ( -- at least to the eyes of someone who has never fired a gun like me). Smile

Well, I've fired guns quite a lot. Muzzle flashes are usually most visible in reduced light. Very bright sunlight overpowers them, and so I make them more translucent. They are easy to do in Photoshop.

1. Create a new layer for the large, orange flash. Use the pen tool to select the area, which is roughly football shaped. Fill with orange, then deselect and use the Gaussian blur to blur and fade the flash to what looks right to you.

2. Create a new layer for the smaller, yellow part. Take the pen tool, and make a elongated triangle with one end resting against the muzzle. Fill with yellow, then deselect and blur again, but at a much lesser level than the first layer, thus creating a visible inner flash. Voila!

If you want to add smoke, use the elipse tool to select a bunch of small ovals around the flash. Using the colour picker tool, select both very pale and very dark grey. fill the selected areas using Render then Diffenference Clouds and repeat until you like the amount of contrast, then deselect, and once again use the Gaussian blur to fade band blur the smoke. Create a layer mask, the using a large, soft brush set for 30% opacity or less and gently apply to select areas of the smoke to make it seem thicker and thinner in different areas. It takes a bit of practice, but is not that hard.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Thanks a lot. I will try this out sometime soon. YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body 1f60d

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool photos, but like Randam I’m not a fan of the head sculpt. The firing effects are great.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body C8485110

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:Cool photos, but like Randam I’m not a fan of the head sculpt. The firing effects are great.

Not everyone is big on anime. I am, so I like the sculpt. Personal tastes....

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Randam Hajile wrote:Thanks a lot. I will try this out sometime soon.  YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body 1f60d
I agree, the photos are beautiful as usual, just can't get over that head (which also seems undersized). Regarding the special effects, Gaussian Blur is indeed your friend, as is a transparency tool. I have used it for diffusing the edges of semi-transparent blaster and light saber effects (for example, here and here). But more generally I would recommend looking up and downloading some transparent-background items like plants, smoke/cloud, fire, etc. I have used these heavily (combined with printed or computer-screen-displayed backdrops) here and here, for example. Depending on what software you use (I use Corel Draw), creating specific layers can be helpful but not imperative.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:
Randam Hajile wrote:Thanks a lot. I will try this out sometime soon.  YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body 1f60d
I agree, the photos are beautiful as usual, just can't get over that head (which also seems undersized). Regarding the special effects, Gaussian Blur is indeed your friend, as is a transparency tool. I have used it for diffusing the edges of semi-transparent blaster and light saber effects (for example, here and here). But more generally I would recommend looking up and downloading some transparent-background items like plants, smoke/cloud, fire, etc. I have used these heavily (combined with printed or computer-screen-displayed backdrops) here and here, for example. Depending on what software you use (I use Corel Draw), creating specific layers can be helpful but not imperative.

I use the Gaussian Blur and sometimes also the Motion Blur for quite a lot of effects.  

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body 52236862643_8fe3c4a3bf_c
Marvin needs women by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body 52199544050_0357b4f7fc_c
No words by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body 51798740870_7cae3efccd_c
Kobayashi Maru by
Gary Menten, on Flickr
In the two above images, it's combined with the lens flare effects

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body 52245106533_4305ab70ba_c
Battle of Bikini-Babe HQ-1 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body 52244122327_160e5bd18e_c
Battle of Bikini Babe HQ 2: Unfriendly Skies by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

In this image, it's being used for both the explosion and the smoke effect.

BAMComix

BAMComix
She came out really well Gary! Top work.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool effects. You lost me on the explanation, but that’s only because my knowledge of even Photoshop is pretty limited.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body C8485110

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:Cool effects. You lost me on the explanation, but that’s only because my knowledge of even Photoshop is pretty limited.

Photoshop is a huge animal with 7000 different ways of doing anything.

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
This girl can be a cool killer with her looks innocent cute baby face, that tiny lips....and you decided to put her on that muscular body is mind-blowing...I like girls with six packs XDD What a Face What a Face

If you have a chance get her a kimono...I wish to see how she looks holding a Kitana Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

ukshaun

ukshaun
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Recently, I received YM Toys YM33F head anime style sculpt. I'd been wanting it for a while, but didn't spring for it until a few weeks ago. I had hoped it would fit on the small TBLeague bodies, but as it turns out, it has the standard female neck adapter, so I decided to try in on an S22 body that's seen better days and now serves mainly as a test platform.  After trying out a bunch of different outfiits, I found thee one that seemed to fit this body best was in the Kimono Troop style, though the figure will not be a K-Troop member.  I also felt that with this figure, less is more, and did not over equip it.  Please send me your comments.  I'm not sure if I might switch the body out for an S32A body, which has more of an anime / cartoon figure body, or just leave it with the muscular S22A, which I find looks pretty good in this case. Please feel free to add your opinions.

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body 52452002627_daa7698b0e_b

NEW ANIME01

by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body 52452523606_f0e71143e8_b
NEW ANIME02 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body 52452796344_2a33ca2976_b
NEW ANIME03 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body 52453039848_b78768615c_b
NEW ANIME04 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body 52452521196_dba5b98bd2_b
NEW ANIME05 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

S22A looks good. The body makes the portrait look slightly under scaled. Compared to other head-sculpts, is the head-sculpt picture on the small side? or is the body on the large side? thanks! Smile ..great photo's btw.

I wish someone would post a set of images of TBLeague bodies, that can be printed out to 1/1 scale. Maybe TBLeague should offer a print out option.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum