OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Ghost808

Oof! Just saw the price of this. It's nowhere near worth that! It's my understanding that the parasol doesn't even fold. Even cocktail umbrellas fold!
The outfit is essentially a strip of red fabric. It has two heads, but the expression difference is minimal and they both have molded hair, which is much cheaper to make.
If it came with a heap of accessories, or moving eyes, I could maybe see it being worth nearer that price, but as it is, this should be $180, max! I'm assuming the license must have cost them a fortune or something?
That's too rich for my budget! 😔

Xavion2004

Just think of it as $180 plus $65 shipping.   Wink

It looks like preorders are also going up for another production run of the Emen Genesis v2.0 (purple) Mai as well.  Ekia has her up for $212, but add $25 shipping, and you’re up to $237. BIg Bad would probably run around $215 to $220 shipped on the Emen Genesis version within the U.S.

Ghost808

Xavion2004 wrote:Just think of it as $180 plus $65 shipping.   Wink

It looks like preorders are also going up for another production run of the Emen Genesis v2.0 (purple) Mai as well.  Ekia has her up for $212, but add $25 shipping, and you’re up to $237.  BIg Bad would probably run around $215 to $220 shipped on the Emen Genesis version within the U.S.
For $65 shipping from China, I want it shipped same-day by those eagles from the end of Lord of the Rings! 😆

Prices are getting crazy in this hobby. I can understand $200+ for figures with lots of hand painted armour, neatly stitched tunics, trousers, jackets. Rooted hair heads with movable eyes, etc. But $250 for a girl in what is effectively a loose-fitting towel carrying a non functional umbrella is just plain nuts!

Look at figures like TBL's Royal Defender. Heaps of detail, armoured and clothed head to toe, seamless body, rooted hair, metal weapons with sheath! (A rarity at TBL)...$215 I paid for that, INCLUDING postage! 
Even the recent shaman twins came in at $220 a piece with postage, movable eyes and bony bits galore!

Sadly Ekia is out for me. Postage to the UK is bonkers from them. ($76 for slowest service, last time checked) I stick to KGhobby (when they actually stock stuff) or Giantoy. They both charge (or "consolidate") shipping, but it's WAY more reasonable to UK shores.

I like bits of the genesis version, but the heads don't quite do it for me. I really like the head on this version, which is saying something seeing as I usually hate molded hair.
Thanks for the heads-up though. I'll maybe consider that version instead. Still pricey, but better.

I'm actually kinda angry about this figure's price! I might need to go have a lay down! 😄

Xavion2004

I don’t blame you. The price is definitely hard to justify. The VSToys Tifa that I preordered from Giantoy in March 2021 with two heads and a S10D body was $170 shipped. We know that Mai is officially licensed and shipping rates have skyrocketed, so that’s explains part of it, but certainly not all of it.

I guess I’ve just come to accept that a boxed 1/6 figure is going to run me an average of $225 shipped, and I’m combating the rising costs by setting a strict limit on my 1/6 purchases this year.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Well, let’s just say that I’m glad I pre-ordered through Giantoy for this. *whistles at BBTS* They must not be able to get many

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
MeMyself&I wrote:Well, let’s just say that I’m glad I pre-ordered through Giantoy for this. *whistles at BBTS* They must not be able to get many

$315.00?!?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Something… I’m just not sure what… just doesn’t “feel” right to me about the head sculpt. It just seems too bland for the character…?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet - Page 2 C8485110

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
I got invoiced for her this morning. With the Christmas season and shipping times, I may see her in January. lol!

Samga

Samga
Its out now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrQaGwnc08Y&t=52s
What do you guys think?
I would have got it tomorrow, but i instantly canceled my order.
I wanted to get this piece mainly because of the umbrella, the fan and the headsculpt. While the accessories look great, im greatly disappointed in the headsculpt. Looks absolutely nothing like advertised, i didnt even want to believe this is it.
Kinda regretting canceling it though, it might just be that the lighting setup in the video above is abysmal.
Anyway too conflicted until i see more.
Also what do you think that body is? Looks like an S10D to me, but could be custom made for Tunshi ?

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Thanks for the link (that was hilarious in parts!)! Honestly, it looks like they did a really great job despite my agreeing they didn’t get the prototype down. It’s still very much Mai and she’s still quite pretty. The proto looks elegant and refined while the video is showing a less so version. Still, it’s Mai and to me that’s a win. I’ll be sure to post a detailed review of it along side the Genesis Mai I have. The body looks like the S20 to me, but I’ll find out hopefully sooner than later. I have no complaints as of right now.

Samga

Samga
MeMyself&I wrote:Thanks for the link (that was hilarious in parts!)! Honestly, it looks like they did a really great job despite my agreeing they didn’t get the prototype down. It’s still very much Mai and she’s still quite pretty. The proto looks elegant and refined while the video is showing a less so version. Still, it’s Mai and to me that’s a win. I’ll be sure to post a detailed review of it along side the Genesis Mai I have. The body looks like the S20 to me, but I’ll find out hopefully sooner than later. I have no complaints as of right now.

Thanks, please do show in hand photos, im greatly anticipating it.
Im not a fan of Mai, i was just really liking Tunshi's rendition of her.
I do love Vice and Genesis Emen pulled off the prototype look of that 120% so im a bit spoiled i guess.

I hope ill still have a chance to pick her up later if she turns out to be acceptable afterall, she is sold out everywhere at the moment and i feel dumb for insta canceling.
yes the video is great, funny and honest, and i believe the channel belongs to the manager of Nova Kid/Tunshi studio. I did sub to it.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Samga wrote:Thanks, please do show in hand photos, im greatly anticipating it.

Of course! I’ll be sure to include plenty of photos, including direct comparisons with the Genesis version. She’s my first order from Giantoy, and I live in the US, and it’s Christmas time, and I paid my invoice yesterday, so I can only guess when she’ll arrive  NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet - Page 2 1f62c  NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet - Page 2 1f62c

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Very nice, but I wouldn’t feel compelled to upgrade if I already had the Genesis version in red.

I have the Genesis 2P version in purple that I assembled during a Toy Anxiety sale for something ridiculous like $125 - $150. I was very tempted to preorder this version, but I’m glad I didn’t. Not because I think there’s anything wrong with it, but because my collecting and spending habits have changed to the point where I’m perfectly fine with my Genesis 2P version being the sole representative of Mai in my 1/6 collection.

Samga

Samga
Unboxing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSE_bADmv_U

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Samga wrote:Unboxing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSE_bADmv_U

Thanks for the link Samga. Poor girl looked like she had a broken neck in the first half of the video the way the reviewer had her positioned! I hope she knows a good chiropractor! Those eyes are interesting, and probably look weird because of the awkward positioning of the neck/body. Not the prototype either way, that’s for sure. She shipped today, so I will know soon enough. I don’t think I will be upset based on the video.

Samga

Samga
MeMyself&I wrote:

Thanks for the link Samga. Poor girl looked like she had a broken neck in the first half of the video the way the reviewer had her positioned! I hope she knows a good chiropractor! Those eyes are interesting, and probably look weird because of the awkward positioning of the neck/body. Not the prototype either way, that’s for sure. She shipped today, so I will know soon enough. I don’t think I will be upset based on the video.

I am now convinced the headsculpt doesnt belong to the product, it is flawed all over. Seen pics of the proto on TaoBao, can't even compare, i am so sad we couldn't get that one. Not sure what happened, they pulled off Haruko Akagi, and Blue Mary was relatively close to the concept as well. Rushed job?
Everything else seems mighty fine though, i feel regret overwhelming me for canceling, but hopefully it will pass.
I see it is available for purchase at a couple sites now, but i must be ready to pay double.
ps.: Screeched when the fine gentleman in the video destroyed that poor body for the sake of demonstration.

Xavion2004 wrote:

Very nice, but I wouldn’t feel compelled to upgrade if I already had the Genesis version in red.

I have the Genesis 2P version in purple that I assembled during a Toy Anxiety sale for something ridiculous like $125 - $150. I was very tempted to preorder this version, but I’m glad I didn’t. Not because I think there’s anything wrong with it, but because my collecting and spending habits have changed to the point where I’m perfectly fine with my Genesis 2P version being the sole representative of Mai in my 1/6 collection.

I feel you totally, saddened by it, but i too think twice before ordering, especially if its about more than one rendition of a character. Prices sure have doubled since a year or two, and that makes me spend a lot less on this beautiful hobby, also makes me much harder to please with a specific product.
The Genesis ver must be premium quality though.

vspectra

Does Tunshi do re-releases, or if these go out of stock then it's gone forever?

Samga

Samga
vspectra wrote:Does Tunshi do re-releases, or if these go out of stock then it's gone forever?

They dont do 2nd batches, once its gone its gone.

vspectra

Samga wrote:
vspectra wrote:Does Tunshi do re-releases, or if these go out of stock then it's gone forever?

They dont do 2nd batches, once its gone its gone.

Thanks!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum