OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet 22201810

Product NO.:TS-XZZ-002

TUNSHI STUDIO - SNK - THE KING OF FIGHTERS '97 – MAI SHIRANUI 1/6TH ACTION FIGURE

After nearly one year of development, Tunshi studio will successively launch the 1/6th action figure series of The King of Fighters '97, which are truly restore the characters in the classic arcade fighting game. The figure series may take you back to your childhood memories and feel the hot-blooded arcade era.
The Second wave of figure series of The King of Fighters '97 is Mai Shiranui. With the exquisite head sculpts and special flexible seamless body, you can restore the classic fighting actions of Goddess in the game.

Product Ratio: 1/6 (Approximately 27cm Tall)
Product Materials: PVC, ABS, ALLOY, CLOTH, POM

Retail Price: USD 235
Pre-Sale Time: 15th January, 2022- 25th February, 2022
Release date: Q3 2022

Product Content:
2 x Mai Shiranui Head Sculpts
1 x Flexible Seamless Body
6 x Pairs of Hands
1 x Mai Shiranui’s Cloth
1 x Paper Fan
1 x Umbrella
1 x Fire Effect of Fan
1 x Base
1 x Bracket

NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet 22201910
NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet 22202010
NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet 22202210

NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet 22202310
NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet 22202510
NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet 22202612
NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet 22202712
NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet 22202913
NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet 22203011
NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet 22203110
NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet 22203310
NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet 22203410
NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet 22203510
NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet 22203710
NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet 22203810
NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet 22204010
NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet 22204110

#newproduct #TunshiStudio #SNK #KingofFighters97 #MaiShiranui #female #videogame

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Common BBTS, get this up for pre-order already so you can take my money!

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
This is the best 1/6 Mai Shiranui that I’ve seen so far. I think sculpted hair works better than rooted for this particular character.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Xavion2004 wrote:This is the best 1/6 Mai Shiranui that I’ve seen so far.  I think sculpted hair works better than rooted for this particular character.

That head sculpt has a lot to live up too, that’s for sure! I agree that sculpted is better for Mai. I have no complaints with the Genesis figure, she’s incredible, but it’s also off of KOF 14 not KOF ‘97. Both grabbed the look nicely for the respective generation.

Diana

Diana
She is utterly gorgeous! Love those sculpts, though movable eyes would have been even better of course. The hands look a little small in some pictures, but overall everything looks really well designed.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Diana wrote:She is utterly gorgeous! Love those sculpts, though movable eyes would have been even better of course. The hands look a little small in some pictures, but overall everything looks really well designed.

Why don’t they do movable eyes on these?? It isn’t like we wouldn’t pay for it.

I do have to wonder what body they are using for her. It’s looks like the same as what they made for the “Fighting Volleyball girl” figure. If that’s the case, then I hope they fix the arms…

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Diana wrote:She is utterly gorgeous! Love those sculpts, though movable eyes would have been even better of course.. The hands look a little small in some pictures, but overall everything looks really well designed.

A new standard has been set!  Razz Very Happy Wink

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I also think she looks better than earlier iterations. It's probably the version I like best of the ones I've seen. In principle, molded long hair is a poor choice, but this is more acceptable, given the hairstyle (I do hope the ponytail can be rotated around its axis) and the character's origin in animation. And while the outfit is ... well, what it is, the body they chose seems less curvy and more athletic than what I remember of the others, which makes it look more realistic and more serious to me. But, as usual with things like this, I may well be missing the point.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
GubernatorFan wrote:And while the outfit is ... well, what it is, the body they chose seems less curvy and more athletic than what I remember of the others, which makes it look more realistic and more serious to me. But, as usual with things like this, I may well be missing the point.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. She’s always been a fit, athletic type, while maintaining the curves. Her design has changed drastically over the years from one iteration to another, so she can easily have a few versions.

To that end, some Mai references for what they are going for/Mai-in-a-nutshell pics

KOF ‘97 Art
NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet Eef84d10

KOF XIV Art (and what Genesis went for)
NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet Db979310

And because it’s funny. Mai loves messing with her boyfriend Andy (who likes keeping things quiet and simple, while she’d announce their being together with sky writing if she could)
NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet 1c1c6e10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm glad I happened to be on the right track with my thinking, MM&I, although I can hardly claim credit for that happy coincidence. Thanks for the background. The little I know about Mai is based on discussions here about the earlier products.

csyeung

csyeung
I saw in the Giantoy FB group that there is a holdup on the preorders because the official license needs to be sorted by the manufacture or something like that. Hopefully it gets worked out, but just a heads up.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Nice likeness. She really looks like the Mai I remember.
Looks like a unique body too, but I could be wrong?

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I look at those pics and wonder why she isn’t on a medium bust body or at the very least, a large bust body.  The figure looks like she’s rocking an exaggerated S20/S21 style of body.  I get that since her iconic pose is leaning over with her chest practically falling out of her costume, but something a little more in proportion would have made her look even better IMHO.  Unfortunately, swapping bodies probably isn’t an option.  As I’ve learned with the Super Duck Mai and Chun-Li, if those outfits are made to fit an exaggerated bust, they end up looking frumpy if they’re not filled out.

She’s still a great looking figure though, and on track to be one of my 10 or less 2022 1:6 purchases if they can get the licensing straightened out.

csyeung

csyeung
not sure if licensing is figured out, but available for PO at OSK.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
csyeung wrote:not sure if licensing is figured out, but available for PO at OSK.

Giantoy as well. https://giantoy.com/collections/pre-order/products/1-6-tunshi-studio-ts-xzz-002-mai-shiranui-action-figure

Edit: With all the crazy with shipping, how have folks in the USA (like myself) felt about ordering through giantoy? Especially in the past year or so. They seems to have a pretty strong following so before I bite this bullet I’d like to ask.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ve gotten stuff from them in 2-3 weeks on average. They are awesome.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Tunshi Studio: SNK Genuine Licensing "King of Fighters 97" - Mai Shiranui (MAI SHIRANUI) 1/6 movable cloth puppet C8485110

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Even with the cost of shipping going up, Giantoy is usually the best option. The only time I’ve seen a substantial difference is on the TBLeague Vampire Hunters which come with a large base. In that particular instance, BBTS was substantially cheaper, but most of the time, it’s a wash.

Plus, even though I don’t have to be the first on the block to get a figure, it usually takes a good month or two for releases to hit U.S. based retailers after they’ve hit Asian retailers.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
In my experience, GianToy has always come through.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
I appreciate the responses! If BBTS doesn’t have it come Monday, then giantoy it is!

csyeung

csyeung
Giantoy has been good to me over the years. I've had some minor qc issues before and they sorted it out quickly, usually sending out a replacement or partial refunds if not possible. Shipments usually take 1-2 weeks.

Ghost808

Ghost808
As others have stated, giantoy has always been reliable for me too. Good tracking, fast dispatch, and 11 to 18 days delivery (to uk).

Ghost808

Ghost808
Oof! Just saw the price of this. It's nowhere near worth that! It's my understanding that the parasol doesn't even fold. Even cocktail umbrellas fold!
The outfit is essentially a strip of red fabric. It has two heads, but the expression difference is minimal and they both have molded hair, which is much cheaper to make.
If it came with a heap of accessories, or moving eyes, I could maybe see it being worth nearer that price, but as it is, this should be $180, max! I'm assuming the license must have cost them a fortune or something?
That's too rich for my budget! 😔

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Just think of it as $180 plus $65 shipping.   Wink

It looks like preorders are also going up for another production run of the Emen Genesis v2.0 (purple) Mai as well.  Ekia has her up for $212, but add $25 shipping, and you’re up to $237. BIg Bad would probably run around $215 to $220 shipped on the Emen Genesis version within the U.S.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Xavion2004 wrote:Just think of it as $180 plus $65 shipping.   Wink

It looks like preorders are also going up for another production run of the Emen Genesis v2.0 (purple) Mai as well.  Ekia has her up for $212, but add $25 shipping, and you’re up to $237.  BIg Bad would probably run around $215 to $220 shipped on the Emen Genesis version within the U.S.
For $65 shipping from China, I want it shipped same-day by those eagles from the end of Lord of the Rings! 😆

Prices are getting crazy in this hobby. I can understand $200+ for figures with lots of hand painted armour, neatly stitched tunics, trousers, jackets. Rooted hair heads with movable eyes, etc. But $250 for a girl in what is effectively a loose-fitting towel carrying a non functional umbrella is just plain nuts!

Look at figures like TBL's Royal Defender. Heaps of detail, armoured and clothed head to toe, seamless body, rooted hair, metal weapons with sheath! (A rarity at TBL)...$215 I paid for that, INCLUDING postage! 
Even the recent shaman twins came in at $220 a piece with postage, movable eyes and bony bits galore!

Sadly Ekia is out for me. Postage to the UK is bonkers from them. ($76 for slowest service, last time checked) I stick to KGhobby (when they actually stock stuff) or Giantoy. They both charge (or "consolidate") shipping, but it's WAY more reasonable to UK shores.

I like bits of the genesis version, but the heads don't quite do it for me. I really like the head on this version, which is saying something seeing as I usually hate molded hair.
Thanks for the heads-up though. I'll maybe consider that version instead. Still pricey, but better.

I'm actually kinda angry about this figure's price! I might need to go have a lay down! 😄

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I don’t blame you. The price is definitely hard to justify. The VSToys Tifa that I preordered from Giantoy in March 2021 with two heads and a S10D body was $170 shipped. We know that Mai is officially licensed and shipping rates have skyrocketed, so that’s explains part of it, but certainly not all of it.

I guess I’ve just come to accept that a boxed 1/6 figure is going to run me an average of $225 shipped, and I’m combating the rising costs by setting a strict limit on my 1/6 purchases this year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum