OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

House of Gopnik (updated with Part III)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Great photos and story!

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

27House of Gopnik (updated with Part III) - Page 2 Empty Re: House of Gopnik (updated with Part III) Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:54 am

Theboo-bomb

Truly a nightmare to wake without your trusty suit, but it's nice to see it was quickly resolved. Great shots and scenes, I liked the one with the cat.

28House of Gopnik (updated with Part III) - Page 2 Empty Re: House of Gopnik (updated with Part III) Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:49 am

BAMComix

Great stuff Ian! that was great!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:Truly a nightmare to wake without your trusty suit, but it's nice to see it was quickly resolved. Great shots and scenes, I liked the one with the cat.

Hehe, I'm glad this made you relate, so to speak! But yes, quick and happy resolution. It's only recently I've added a couple of cats to my animal menagerie, and I was glad to find a way of deploying them -- well, this one. Smile

BAMComix wrote:Great stuff Ian! that was great!

Thank you very much, Dal, I'm glad you enjoyed it. More coming up soon.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

30House of Gopnik (updated with Part III) - Page 2 Empty Happy Valentine's Day 2022! Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:09 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Part III: Happy Valentine's Day 2022

Determined to snatch every possible bit of romance even from the most unlikely of places, one might wonder what a Gopnik might dream of on Valentine's Day?

House of Gopnik (updated with Part III) - Page 2 Gopnic20

Perhaps something like this (but less tasteful)...

House of Gopnik (updated with Part III) - Page 2 Gopnic21

Of course he'd dream of his ideal Gopnica, bearing him his favorite Vodka, sunflower seeds, and a stylish but compact firearm! What's that you say? He has not heard of Valentine's Day? Well, what makes you think he would dream any different?

Smile

31House of Gopnik (updated with Part III) - Page 2 Empty Re: House of Gopnik (updated with Part III) Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:25 pm

Adeno

Oh my, you just reminded me it's Valentine's Day haha! I hope the guy can enjoy this day as well. Maybe he should try sleeping again and more romantic dreams might arise Razz

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Adeno wrote:Oh my, you just reminded me it's Valentine's Day haha! I hope the guy can enjoy this day as well. Maybe he should try sleeping again and more romantic dreams might arise Razz

Glad to be of help. Wouldn't want anyone to be caught unawares. More romantic dreams? Is he capable of that? Wink

BAMComix

BAMComix
that sure is an interesting dream he's having! Great pics Ian.

Pepe on the other hand landed himself a date with Dannii.

[img]House of Gopnik (updated with Part III) - Page 2 51881429413_b872633741_cHappy Valentines day! by Dal Lee, on Flickr[/img]

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Hehe, looks like a nice dream so far. Maybe there's more to it. 😋 Only sunflower seeds and vodka, eh? How savory and manly! Maybe he gets some special Russian chocolates for his lady friend - or perhaps some chocolat-flavored liqueur would be more fitting.

Also, is Boris one of those people who suffers from nocturnal lagophthalmos? Oohh might be creepy to wake up next to. JK 😆 I do wish there was some kind of FaceApp option to close the eyes for sleep scenarios like this.

35House of Gopnik (updated with Part III) - Page 2 Empty Re: House of Gopnik (updated with Part III) Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:37 pm

Diana

Diana
Hah! These are great!

Gub, I just love your humor. The way he kinda hugs himself like a baby in need of warmth, and then that longing hand reaching for her... Laughing

And Pepe and Dannii look like a great match! Very Happy

Valiarde

Valiarde
The ideal Gopnica  Smile  haha, 
happy belated Valentines

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:that sure is an interesting dream he's having! Great pics Ian.

Pepe on the other hand landed himself a date with Dannii.

Thank you very much, Dal, glad you liked them. And Pepe is sure moving fast, like a Latin lover is expected to do. Sweet scene.

AlKelAstra91 wrote:Hehe, looks like a nice dream so far. Maybe there's more to it. 😋 Only sunflower seeds and vodka, eh? How savory and manly! Maybe he gets some special Russian chocolates for his lady friend - or perhaps some chocolat-flavored liqueur would be more fitting.

Also, is Boris one of those people who suffers from nocturnal lagophthalmos? Oohh might be creepy to wake up next to. JK 😆 I do wish there was some kind of FaceApp option to close the eyes for sleep scenarios like this.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it. LOL I don't mean to generalize, but you don't want anyone offering Russian chocolates to anyone else for Valentine's Day. It would spoil the mood. Well, I shouldn't generalize. My dad did come back from a business visit to the Soviet Union with soviet chocolates back in the day, and they were horrible. I would hope they've done much better since then, but who knows? I'm too lazy to digitally insert closed eyelids, but perhaps there is a FaceApp or similar option out there. Maybe the camera caught him just waking up, prodded by the cat.

Diana wrote:Hah! These are great! Gub, I just love your humor. The way he kinda hugs himself like a baby in need of warmth, and then that longing hand reaching for her... Laughing

Thank you very much. He could have done better covering himself up, right? But I guess he was having quality time with a Vodka and sunflower seeds. Smile

Valiarde wrote:The ideal Gopnica  Smile  haha, happy belated Valentines

Thank you very much and likewise. Yes, the ideal Gopnica. Note how love for her curves is appropriately trumped by his obsession with Adidas. Smile

Ephiane

Ephiane
So excellent ! Laughing . you know i love it to show very special characters with 1:6 figures. i love the gopniks. It´s all included, but where´s the violence ? One of them needs a black eye and maybe some cocaine placed in the toilet box ? Wink

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:So excellent ! Laughing . you know i love it to show very special characters with 1:6 figures. i love the gopniks. It´s all included, but where´s the violence ? One of them needs a black eye and maybe some cocaine placed in the toilet box ? Wink
Thank you very much, Ephiane, I'm delighted you loved them. Like you, I have an affinity for non-standard characters (without necessarily espousing or promoting their choices). The gopniks were fun in that way. I have expanded the cast and mean to make another installment, but to be honest worry about how they would be taken -- they are already too unfamiliar for most observers to connect, and now with this whole Russia-Ukraine mess (though one could point out with absolute justice that gopniks can be Ukrainian and Belorusian too, not just Russian). As for violence, I suppose real events would be all the more reason to play it down -- perhaps along the lines of your Other War.

Ephiane

Ephiane
That´s right Gube. I always like to give others a smile. But not everyone has the same humor .

Gopniks had no nationality, i think. I traveled to many Countrys all arround the world and i see them everwhere. They are special Characters. No one is bad or good. Your Thread make them sympathic to me, that can´t be a affond.  The people in the world like to see only perfect guys and ignore the others. Thank You for showed them Wink

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
What a wonderful look into the Gopnik subculture. Totally loving these characters, and the world they inhabit. The disheveled room is perfect, and so fitting, and really enjoying the moments captured between these two. So fun.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:That´s right Gube. I always like to give others a smile. But not everyone has the same humor .

Gopniks had no nationality, i think. I traveled to many Countrys all arround the world and i see them everwhere. They are special Characters. No one is bad or good. Your Thread make them sympathic to me, that can´t be a affond.  The people in the world like to see only perfect guys and ignore the others. Thank You for showed them Wink

Very true... although they are not called Gopniks everywhere (they are in the places I mentioned), and there are some variations in taste and attitudes from place to place. But they have been compared to British Chavs, Australian Bogans, and a bunch of others. To be honest, I'm not so much trying to make them sympathetic (certainly not to advocate the worst stereotypes) as to just have some fun with them (and that would be hard to do if I focused on the most negative aspects of said stereotypes). But, yes, it is an exploration of conventionally imperfect individuals.

ReverendSpooky wrote:What a wonderful look into the Gopnik subculture.  Totally loving these characters, and the world they inhabit.  The disheveled room is perfect, and so fitting, and really enjoying the moments captured between these two.  So fun.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked them. Coming from the master of hyper-realistic dioramas and complex group scenes, these are very flattering words of praise. They encourage me to load some more images with more characters in an update. Soon.

Illusion

Illusion
just read through it all…
once again so very entertaining whilst in addition being educative:lol:

this precariously leaning bed makes me wonder whether the quality of the furniture is low or whether it happened by the director‘s directive (guess, the latter). Wonderful clutter. That is what brings scenes like those to life…

just love your style of writing and creative wit. I might not see (or comment) all of your posts in time as you are such a fervently gushing source of entertainment and information, but be assured: it is appreciated whenever I come across one of your topics.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Illusion wrote:just read through it all…
once again so very entertaining whilst in addition being educative:lol:

this precariously leaning bed makes me wonder whether the quality of the furniture is low or whether it happened by the director‘s directive (guess, the latter). Wonderful clutter. That is what brings scenes like those to life…

just love your style of writing and creative wit. I might not see (or comment) all of your posts in time as you are such a fervently gushing source of entertainment and information, but be assured: it is appreciated whenever I come across one of your topics.

Thank you very much for the very kind and encouraging words! Especially flattering coming from such a master like yourself. You were right to guess about the director being to blame for the bed falling apart under strenuous exertion (although it is also a testimony to its assembable/disassembable nature). Glad you liked the clutter. It is actually a little bit of a challenge, but once you have enough pieces that go together reasonably plausibly, it can be done. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum