OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Here is the mostly finished render for the sculpted hair version; both versions should be ready for printing soon. (I'm only getting 3 sculpted hair versions & 7 bald versions).

Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 2 Olga_f10

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Looks beautiful.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Diana

Exciting! I'm looking forward to the in hand pictures.  Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 2 1f60a

Randam Hajile

The new renders look very nice. I'm also excited to see pics of the actual casted sculpt. bounce

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here's some pics of the castings. (The one with the hair may be getting recast). The dress is a holdover from the Jenny Agutter/Jessica commission (these are the sculptor's pics, not mine).

Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 2 3675
Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 2 4630
Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 2 5578
Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 2 6544
Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 2 7523
Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 2 8493

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hard to really imagine it without the hair, but the head with molded hair does look like a good match for the render we saw.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
I like the overall apearance of the head with the sculpted hair.  Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 2 1f44d
However, I feel that a lot of the finer details (especially on the hair) were lost during the printing/casting process. Is this degree of smoothing naturally expected in your experience, Mark?
Sorry for the naive question, but I've very little insight into the used methods. The few unpainted head sculpts that I bought for my painting experiments seemed to have crisper edges than this head. Obviously, the lighting of the photos might also play a role...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I brought the lack of detail to the sculptor's attention, and I'm hoping it gets rectified. Some detail is usually lost to a degree, but this seems more than usual (but, it could also be the light that is "bleaching" out some of the finer details). I just emailed him earlier, so it may be a couple of days before I hear anything back.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm hoping it is the light -- and was assuming so.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Olga head sculpts are finished and will be shipping out to me next week (bare in mind it'll take a few weeks to reach me). I'll take pics when I get them. The artist made a couple extra of the haired version for me, but here they all are in a bin after being cleaned up. The next sculpt (Timothy Olyphant as Agent 47 has begun -- this is a very early beginning render).

Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 2 20220413
Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 2 1st_pa10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Olga turned out really nice, I think. Hard to judge it unpainted, but it looks like very fine work.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, after his initial test prints, he had them printed on a higher res printer and the details came out much, much sharper.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Project ! BTW: i really love it that some of us order sculpts by the HS Artitsts. They need orders to stay buisy, i think. I really enjoy to see that skills in sculpting.
I love bald heads for to add hair at myself. Maybe an option for You ?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yes. There will be bald heads available, Eph.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The Olga heads turned out really nice from the looks of it. Will be interesting to see how the Agent 47 head turns out.

I can't remember if you ever mentioned the name of the sculptor you use? If so, apologies....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
His name is Will Millar. He did many of the early sculpts for ArtFigure (not the company, but Francisco) — who made a lot of the custom Western figures like John Wayne, Wild Wild West, Deadwood, etc.. He and I have become friends, and I’ve used him for many custom projects like Logan’s Run, Dean Yeagle’s Mandy, my wife’s Mini-Me, etc. These projects normally take a LONG time, depending on if he has other projects he’s working on, and family stuff. Logan and Jessica for example took about 3.5 years.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thank you! I am always just curious about 1/6 scale artists, it's nice to know who is behind these awesome creations. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He does beautiful work. I like the Naomi head, although I haven't painted it up yet.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
The reprinted/cast heads of Olga look really good. The contours now appear much sharper!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Agent 47 is getting there. Fine tuning is about to begin.

Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 2 4th_pa10

Due to the nature of the bald head, this is going to be a necked sculpt (sorry, Ian).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is understandable, although too bad, because the likeness seems to be there, more so than in the other sculpts of the character I have seen (admittedly, these may have been based on other depictions).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Olga is in the house.

Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 2 _dsc3645
Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 2 _dsc3646
Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 2 _dsc3647
Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 2 _dsc3648
Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 2 _dsc3649

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow! At last a head sculpt paler than TBLeague's suntan! Wink Just kidding. Looking great. Hope you show us what you make of it -- are you having it professionally painted?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Wow! At last a head sculpt paler than TBLeague's suntan! Wink Just kidding. Looking great. Hope you show us what you make of it -- are you having it professionally painted?

Yep. I sent one off to 357Partment (they did the Jessica/Jenny Agutter sculpt for UKShaun and I).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I remember. Hope to see it (relatively) soon.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sadly, they haven’t gotten it yet, and it usually takes them about 3 months from the time they get it.

csyeung

csyeung
Looking good so far, can't wait to see it painted up. The details in the hair are nice.

Diana

Diana
She looks great! The hair is very impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing the painted result! Smile

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@Mark

The "Olga"-head came in on Friday (see pic). Thank you very much!

Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 2 52092910656_6cc34300eb_bCJ3A5046 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Now I need to contact 357Partment for the painting service and send it off again.
Have you gotten any update from them concerning your head?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum