OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Sadly, they haven’t gotten it yet, and it usually takes them about 3 months from the time they get it.

csyeung

Looking good so far, can't wait to see it painted up. The details in the hair are nice.

Diana

She looks great! The hair is very impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing the painted result! Smile

Randam Hajile

@Mark

The "Olga"-head came in on Friday (see pic). Thank you very much!

Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 3 52092910656_6cc34300eb_bCJ3A5046 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Now I need to contact 357Partment for the painting service and send it off again.
Have you gotten any update from them concerning your head?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Glad to see she came in. No, I haven’t gotten any word from them (it’s usually around 3 -4 month turnaround); all I know is that they received it. The last head they did for me, if I remember correctly, was getting a pic or two when they were just about done.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 3 C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Agent 47 head sculpts have arrived. I received 10 sculpts (8 of which were cast using vinyl, and 2 resin). I really like that Will captured Tim's moles on the sculpt. I put him on the MT Toys Hitman body (but after seeing how small the body is in person, I'm going to be putting the entire suit on a much taller figure -- oddly the suit was even tailored for a taller body; why they chose the body they did is baffling).

Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 3 _dsc3672
Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 3 _dsc3673
Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 3 _dsc3674
Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 3 _dsc3675

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks great. Are you getting it professionally painted? Hope it works even better on a taller body like you plan.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I might have to add the tattoo on her cheek myself, but here’s the Olga sculpt painted up by 357Partment

Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 3 E782e110
Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 3 60ec1510
Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 3 97959110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I didn’t notice how easy it was to see the print lines until I saw them in these up close pics. That’s a bit disappointing.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
The paintjob on the head looks great. Though noticable, I think the print lines are not too distracting from the portrait. I hope mine will turn out similar; it's with 357Partment for quite some time now.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, the print lines are more apparent than one might have hoped, but these are macro photos and I think (and hope) they will be less visible in hand and in regular photos. The paint job is absolutely gorgeous.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
They always do great work, and I think you’re both right. From normal viewing distance, it shouldn’t be as noticeable. The paint job is, as usual, masterful. It’s pricey, but my god, the quality of their work is phenomenal.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Gorgeous paintjob!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
I got pics of the finished paintwork by 357Partment today. Hopefully, shipping to me will not take too long. It would be such a nice Christmas gift for me... Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 3 1f60d

Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 3 52533597661_fd144506d9_holga2 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Valiarde

Valiarde
That looks really excellent! hope you receive it before xmas Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very beautiful!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She turned out great.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree. Excellent job.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I think this photo finally convinced me I MUST get a headsculpt painted by them. Just have to save up first... pale

ukshaun

ukshaun
Randam Hajile wrote:I got pics of the finished paintwork by 357Partment today. Hopefully, shipping to me will not take too long. It would be such a nice Christmas gift for me... Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 3 1f60d

Gauging Interest (unpainted head sculpts) HITMAN (2007) - Page 3 52533597661_fd144506d9_holga2 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

OMG! that looks so nice.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Diana

Diana
HOLY CRAP! She looks amazing!!! May I ask what kind of budget I'd have to save up for?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I believe a paintjob by them is about $250 per head (someone correct me if I'm wrong, or if the price has gone up recently). This is actually quite 'reasonable' in my limited experience. For instance, I have previously paid about $180-$200 for custom painted heads in the past, from artists who did not even approach the realism and skill of this particular studio. So, the issue I have is not the price itself, but rather the fact that it has to be paid upfront -- I am used to being able to purchase Hot Toys for that kind of price, but in installments. So coming up with it all in one chunk is not easy for me these days.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Their painting service costs indeed 250 US$. You also have to pay additional 35$ upfront for the return shipping. Together with Paypal charges I had to pay roughly 300$ to 357Partment. Shipping of the head from Germany to Korea cost me additional 50$ (DHL with tracking), making it a total of 350$.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Olga Kurylenko, what character are you planning on using the head sculpt for?
I assume it is not Taskmaster, as her skin and right eye looked messed up in that role.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ralf is correct. Not counting my shipping to South Korea, ot came to $300 USD for them to do paint jobs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum