OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Product Features:
- Haired head x 1
- Mask x 1
- Rubber movable body x 1
- Flame effect pieces x 2
- Hand x 4
- Cloak x 1
- Jumpsuit x 1
- Leather boots x 1

NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] Scree273
NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] Scree271
NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] Scree272
NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] Scree275
NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] Scree274
NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] Scree276
NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] Scree277
NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] Scree279
NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] Scree278
NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] Scree764
NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] Scree766
NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] Scree767
NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] Scree765
NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] Scree768
NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] Scree770
NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] Scree769
NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] Scree773
NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] Scree772
NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] Scree771

#newproduct #SWToys #LadySpooktacular #female #PayTV-based #comicbook

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I know nothing about the character or source. I like it, assuming it is a realistic depiction of the character, which I take to be a bit tongue-in-cheek. Almost like cosplay or dress-up. Her expression is precious, and quite unusual for figures we've seen. I think it works, although, as a matter of principle, if they provide such a specific expression, there really ought to be an additional neutral expression head. Given how little there is in the way of accessories, perhaps that would not have been an unrealistic addition.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It’s from the Halloween episode of Wanda/Vision.

NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] E3ccb010
NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] 883def10

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I thought she looked very familiar. Well, looks like they nailed that appearance.

Ovy

Ovy
Ha. But I think Hot Toys made these versions too? But without expressive head.

Look it's a quote from a thread
( https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3832-new-product-hot-toys-wandavision-vision-1-6th-scale-collectible-figure?highlight=Wandavision ) by me from 1 year ago:

Ovy wrote:You know I, I can enjoy Marvel stuff, but only the parts where they are aware of the entire franchises' campiness and get self ironic and fun. So why not make  their cheap Halloween costumes with expression faces and sell them super cheap, for only 250$ each or something?

NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] I-guess-you-are-the-boss-of-me-now-wandavision-all-new-halloween-spook-tacular-splash

NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] Screenshot-2021-02-12-at-12-59-53

NEW PRODUCT: SW Toys: 1/6 Lady Spooktacular Female Figure [SW-FS048] 20210212_044222-2986620888-1613134140208

The pants might be a problem to make though. For Hot Toys at least. Razz

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
So far, Hot Toys hasn’t made the Halloween versions, though I’m pretty sure one of these bootleg companies did put up Vision awhile ago.

shazzdan

shazzdan
So many photos just to show the same thing over and over. Not sure I would have chosen that expression but the HS and costume are an excellent rendition of the ones from the show. The seamless figure is a nice touch.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:So far, Hot Toys hasn’t made the Halloween versions, though I’m pretty sure one of these bootleg companies did put up Vision awhile ago.

Indeed. I picked up some of the Vision pieces, including the baby, which is better than the one that comes with SooSoo Butcher.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:It’s from the Halloween episode of Wanda/Vision.

You can legitimately say that, but really it's simply the comics version of the Scarlet Witch that has 60 years' worth of appearances (1963) in exactly this costume -- tht's what the "Halloween Costumes" of the TV show are all about. It's a running gag (or "Easter Egg") in the Disney shows, they did it for Vision at the same time, and also eventually for Richard Grant's Classic Loki who wore the 1962 comics costume.

davidd

davidd
Pre-order available at Monkey Depot: $179.99

https://www.monkeydepot.com/SW_Toys_Lady_Spooktacular_SW_FS048_p/swtb0008.htm

Estimated release date: Q3 of 2022

That price seems a bit extreme for what little is actually included with this set. I guess it's a release for True Fans. Well-Heeled True Fans.

The $180 price point seems to be the new "entry level" price for complete figures.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:

You can legitimately say that, but really it's simply the comics version of the Scarlet Witch that has 60 years' worth of appearances (1963) in exactly this costume -- tht's what the "Halloween Costumes" of the TV show are all about.  It's a running gag (or "Easter Egg") in the Disney shows, they did it for Vision at the same time, and also eventually for Richard Grant's Classic Loki who wore the 1962 comics costume.

Yes, I’m aware of all that, but Ian isn’t, which is why I answered as to this SPECIFIC look and expression was from the Disney series.

davidd wrote:Pre-order available at Monkey Depot: $179.99

https://www.monkeydepot.com/SW_Toys_Lady_Spooktacular_SW_FS048_p/swtb0008.htm

Estimated release date: Q3 of 2022

That price seems a bit extreme for what little is actually included with this set. I guess it's a release for True Fans. Well-Heeled True Fans.

The $180 price point seems to be the new "entry level" price for complete figures.

Kit has it $30 cheaper:

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=3544

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:

You can legitimately say that, but really it's simply the comics version of the Scarlet Witch that has 60 years' worth of appearances (1963) in exactly this costume -- tht's what the "Halloween Costumes" of the TV show are all about.  It's a running gag (or "Easter Egg") in the Disney shows, they did it for Vision at the same time, and also eventually for Richard Grant's Classic Loki who wore the 1962 comics costume.

Yes, I’m aware of all that, but Ian isn’t, which is why I answered as to this SPECIFIC look and expression was from the Disney series.

Fair enough, but I figured he and maybe others could have the background context for it.  You're absolutely right that the specific expression connects it to the TV show, though I don't think it's much of an Elizabeth Olsen resemblance.  What a weird body the figure has!  Already on the TV show it was part of the joke that Elizabeth Olsen has a more normal figure than the exaggerated Playboy Playmate shape that Marvel artists portrayed in that costume.  But this figure pushes it even further, so she's more average, skinnier and flatter chested than even Elizabeth Olsen herself, let alone Wanda in the comics.   Also the figure has a very weird bulge.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, perhaps you could say that she doesn't look much like herself in that outfit -- in the source material. I was unaware (or had forgotten) about the Wanda Vision episode dress-up, and also unaware (or had forgotten) that in both instances they were going with older versions of themselves. Her outfit made me think of a cheesy she-devil (no Roseanne Barr for sure), actually.

Diana

Diana
This is a little too specific for my budget, but I think this is quite precious. A bit like the "thumbs up"-cat. Useless, but fun when placed well. Smile

csyeung

csyeung
This is like the unpainted sculpt I grabbed a while back. I like the sculpt and the costume, although the body they use seems to be a bit strange. Is that a Jiaou or other brand?

blackpool

blackpool
That's a cool release to my eyes, except that it's a blatant steal from a custom artist that produced a short run of that very specific expression of Elizabeth Olsen... Between SWtoys and Present toys, it's a full wave of figures that are directly copied from custom artist's work... cool budget wise, and sad ethic wise...

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
csyeung wrote:This is like the unpainted sculpt I grabbed a while back. I like the sculpt and the costume, although the body they use seems to be a bit strange. Is that a Jiaou or other brand?

Yeah, it looks like a Jiaou.

And an 'old' one, at that (it'll be a miracle if the old-school Jiaou arms hold that signature position from the show for long, if at all).

Elizabeth Olsen herself has a much nicer figure than that (but try telling her that, apparently).

csyeung

csyeung
They probably just grabbed a bunch of leftover bodies on the cheap to increase profits =(.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Portrait looks good, bar her mouth.. i'm not sold on her mouth pose, lips look too thin.
I have seen a sculpted hair version with the same portrait. Which came 1st, i have no idea?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
I saw the unpainted head sculpt too on ebay months ago.

@Blackpool, thanks for the info, got me curious, got me looking at ebay...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294620039799
(Link edited... thanks for the tip, Davidd.)

With the pursed lips and big eyes, she looks like her twin siblings in their younger years.
I'm sure this will look way better with an S23B body... calling AFM, get on it, stat!  Smile

davidd

davidd
As an aside - with those long eBay links, you can delete everything from the question mark following the item number and beyond and the link will still work. Like so:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294620039799

All that extra stuff is tracking info - they know where you've been and what you've looked at. It's affiliate links. It's all kinds of stuff that's not necessary.

For future reference: copy and paste the link, then look at it closely, and delete everything from the first question mark and beyond and you'll be good to go with a much shorter link.

To go with that link, which leads to the tights and cape for $41 USD, here's a link to the headdress or tiara or whatever it is, for $17:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325084053766

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum