OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marrow the Deathblessed - From the World of the Radio Kings

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

PureEnergy

So cool...  

Such originality and style...  

Positively phenomenal artistry, brother.

ReverendSpooky

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Awesome work.  As a photographer, I'm blown away.  There is very little in any of these photos that give away the truth that we are looking at a 12" doll rather than a real person.

When you're photographing 1/6 figures, that pretty much the best thing you can hear. And coming from a photographer, all the more awesome. Seriously, thanks so much.

PureEnergy wrote:So cool...  

Such originality and style...  

Positively phenomenal artistry, brother.

Thank you so much PureEnergy! I am really glad you're enjoying.

http://reverendspooky.com

ThePhotogsBlog

[quote="ReverendSpooky"]
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Awesome work.  As a photographer, I'm blown away.  There is very little in any of these photos that give away the truth that we are looking at a 12" doll rather than a real person.

When you're photographing 1/6 figures, that pretty much the best thing you can hear.  And coming from a photographer, all the more awesome.  Seriously, thanks so much.

Still photography, excluding product or food photography, is about 2 tenths thinking about what you want to do, seven tenths preparation, and one tenth shooting the photo.

BAMComix

I love this character! she just oozes intrigue! She put me in mind of a post apologetic Harley Quinn! I love her face paint, did you do that yourself? and all of her kit! Simply amazing work!

As a side note, I don't know why but I keep thinking you should get her a vintage Barbie camper (a bit like Devil may cry 4 I think?) I am sure with your custom skills, you could really create something special for her out of it! bounce bounce bounce

csyeung

csyeung
First time seeing this character. Amazing! Fantastic posing as well!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
BAMComix wrote:I love this character! she just oozes intrigue! She put me in mind of a post apologetic Harley Quinn! I love her face paint, did you do that yourself? and all of her kit! Simply amazing work!

As a side note, I don't know why but I keep thinking you should get her a vintage Barbie camper (a bit like Devil may cry 4 I think?) I am sure with your custom skills, you could really create something special for her out of it! bounce bounce bounce

Thank so much BAMComix!  And you're right, there is Definitely some Harley Quinn in her DNA.  Her facepaint was all done with Doc O'brien's weathering powders, and was a lot of fun to do.  

I would love to find a vintage camper for her.  All the Barbie RV's seemed out of scale, but something like this would be so fun.  Give me a shout if you ever see something like this in 1/6:

Marrow the Deathblessed - From the World of the Radio Kings - Page 2 55d74d335f91604cd122279cc1c274b3

I was actually working on this 1/18 scale post apocalytic RV that I someday hope to get back to working on:

http://www.reverendspooky.com/news/apocalypse-rv-rooftop-garden-work-in-progress

Too bad there's nothing like that in 1/6!

csyeung wrote:First time seeing this character. Amazing! Fantastic posing as well!

Thank you Csyeung!!  So glad you stumbled on her.  She is a lot of fun to pose too, and you'll be seeing a lot more of her in other Radio Kings threads!

BAMComix

BAMComix
ReverendSpooky wrote:
BAMComix wrote:I love this character! she just oozes intrigue! She put me in mind of a post apologetic Harley Quinn! I love her face paint, did you do that yourself? and all of her kit! Simply amazing work!

Thank so much BAMComix!  And you're right, there is Definitely some Harley Quinn in her DNA.  Her facepaint was all done with Doc O'brien's weathering powders, and was a lot of fun to do.  

I would love to find a vintage camper for her.  All the Barbie RV's seemed out of scale, but something like this would be so fun.  Give me a shout if you ever see something like this in 1/6:

Marrow the Deathblessed - From the World of the Radio Kings - Page 2 55d74d335f91604cd122279cc1c274b3

I was actually working on this 1/18 scale post apocalytic RV that I someday hope to get back to working on:

http://www.reverendspooky.com/news/apocalypse-rv-rooftop-garden-work-in-progress

Too bad there's nothing like that in 1/6!

csyeung wrote:First time seeing this character. Amazing! Fantastic posing as well!

Thank you Csyeung!!  So glad you stumbled on her.  She is a lot of fun to pose too, and you'll be seeing a lot more of her in other Radio Kings threads!

I was thinking more of the Vintage Mattel Barbie Star Traveler Motor Home No 9794

Marrow the Deathblessed - From the World of the Radio Kings - Page 2 S-l1600

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
BAMComix wrote:I was thinking more of the Vintage Mattel Barbie Star Traveler Motor Home No 9794

I love the idea of it! It really does remind me of the one in Devil May Cry (I had to google it, and it's like no Motor home I've ever seen, almost like a elongated van).  I can't figure out if it's underscale or not though!

Marrow the Deathblessed - From the World of the Radio Kings - Page 2 Barbie_star_trv_box

Like, it looks like Barbie would need to crouch inside, and there's no way Ken isn't on his knees doing... whatever he's doing in the window.

Here's the only shot I could find of the one in DMC, and it's actually even taller than I expected!

Marrow the Deathblessed - From the World of the Radio Kings - Page 2 D9f7171a143e5c1c93a697f1adcd6ba1

So maybe too small?  It's so hard to tell! But I keep staring at it, fascinated by the potential...

BAMComix

BAMComix
ReverendSpooky wrote:
BAMComix wrote:I was thinking more of the Vintage Mattel Barbie Star Traveler Motor Home No 9794

I love the idea of it! It really does remind me of the one in Devil May Cry (I had to google it, and it's like no Motor home I've ever seen, almost like a elongated van).  I can't figure out if it's underscale or not though!

Marrow the Deathblessed - From the World of the Radio Kings - Page 2 Barbie_star_trv_box

Like, it looks like Barbie would need to crouch inside, and there's no way Ken isn't on his knees doing... whatever he's doing in the window.

Here's the only shot I could find of the one in DMC, and it's actually even taller than I expected!

Marrow the Deathblessed - From the World of the Radio Kings - Page 2 D9f7171a143e5c1c93a697f1adcd6ba1

So maybe too small?  It's so hard to tell!  But I keep staring at it, fascinated by the potential...

I can't actually remember how tall the inner size is. I have borrowed my wife's Barbie camper a few times, I will have to check for you.

Marrow the Deathblessed - From the World of the Radio Kings - Page 2 41774486125_0fec177a11_cBack It Up! by Dal Lee, on Flickr

davidd

davidd
Ephiane wrote:Let me call You Master of Poses now.

The superlatives have already been justly applied. I shall chime in simply by agreeing with the comment above. cheers

Those canvas short shorts are astonishingly sexy! Did you make those?

- - -

The Our Generation Seeing You Camper was designed for 18-inch dolls, but it's undersized for them. Probably still a bit oversized for 1/6 scale, but it might serve as the basis for an extreme custom:

https://www.amazon.com/Our-Generation-Seeing-Camper-18-Inch/dp/B00ACSSHS2

- - - -

And... you did that face-up yourself? Have you ever posted work-in-progress pics of how you do something like this?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum