OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Joan of Arc 2.0 Commemorative Edition【2.5mm Handmade Lock Armor】

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The POPTOYS team is very honored to introduce the 10th anniversary version of the 12 inch Saint Knight Action Figure to you.
The outer armor worn by the character of the product is composed of 48 pieces of zinc alloy plate. Each piece of armor is connected by a combination of 1.4mm brass rivets. A total of more than 150 rivets are used. The belts used to connect the pieces are made of calf leather, which ensures its durability and firmness.
The inner armor worn by the character is a highlight of this product. The team made this chain armor with extreme pure handcraft. The whole chain armor is made of metal rings with a diameter of 0.3mm and an outer diameter of 2.5mm, which is manually connected. More than 3000 rings are used in the hood part of the chain armor, about 10000 rings are used in the coat part of the chain armor, and about 15000 rings are used in the whole chain armor. We have overcome the difficulties of mass production and manufacturing to ensure that the finished products have the quality in the official pictures.
Finally, the figure’s hair is upgraded from ordinary machine planting hair technology to manually sticking wool technology ,so that the character's hairstyle looks more natural and realistic.
POPTOYS has always been exploring and pursuing better product technology. We also appreciate you for your company all the way. In the next decade, we will not change our original intention and insist on doing a good job in every product.

Female - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Joan of Arc 2.0 Commemorative Edition【2.5mm Handmade Lock Armor】 21420712

==============================

POPTOYS 1/6 Saint Knight 2.5mm diameter handcrafted chain armor 100% Metal armor Joan of Arc 2.0 10th Anniversary

LIST:
1、Head*1
2、Head with short hair*1
3、Hands*2
4、Brown cotton clothes*1
5、Brown cotton Pants*1
6、Manual chain upper armor*1
7、Manual chain armor
8、Neck armor*1
9、Plate armor*1
10、Arm armor*2
11、Cuish*2
12、Genuine leather long sword hanging belt*1
13、Leather belt*1*1
14、Flag*1
15、Spear flagpole*1
16、Crossed sword*1
17、Sword scabbard*1
18、Transparent acrylic display box*1
19、Black stand*1

Female - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Joan of Arc 2.0 Commemorative Edition【2.5mm Handmade Lock Armor】 21410910
Female - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Joan of Arc 2.0 Commemorative Edition【2.5mm Handmade Lock Armor】 21411610
Female - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Joan of Arc 2.0 Commemorative Edition【2.5mm Handmade Lock Armor】 21412410
Female - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Joan of Arc 2.0 Commemorative Edition【2.5mm Handmade Lock Armor】 21413610
Female - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Joan of Arc 2.0 Commemorative Edition【2.5mm Handmade Lock Armor】 21414810
Female - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Joan of Arc 2.0 Commemorative Edition【2.5mm Handmade Lock Armor】 21420110
Female - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Joan of Arc 2.0 Commemorative Edition【2.5mm Handmade Lock Armor】 21422012
Female - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Joan of Arc 2.0 Commemorative Edition【2.5mm Handmade Lock Armor】 21422710
Female - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Joan of Arc 2.0 Commemorative Edition【2.5mm Handmade Lock Armor】 21422910
Female - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Joan of Arc 2.0 Commemorative Edition【2.5mm Handmade Lock Armor】 21424011
Female - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Joan of Arc 2.0 Commemorative Edition【2.5mm Handmade Lock Armor】 21424311
Female - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Joan of Arc 2.0 Commemorative Edition【2.5mm Handmade Lock Armor】 21424810
Female - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Joan of Arc 2.0 Commemorative Edition【2.5mm Handmade Lock Armor】 21425610
Female - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Joan of Arc 2.0 Commemorative Edition【2.5mm Handmade Lock Armor】 21430210
Female - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Joan of Arc 2.0 Commemorative Edition【2.5mm Handmade Lock Armor】 21431210
Female - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Joan of Arc 2.0 Commemorative Edition【2.5mm Handmade Lock Armor】 21460710

#newproduct #PopToys #JoanofArc2.0 #CommemorativeEdition #female #historical #movie-based

Chip

I am no expert for this period , but she looks very good to my eye . If I was rich I would buy her .

shazzdan

shazzdan
It is a decent rendition of the movie armour but isn't a historical combination. The text says that the metal is zinc-alloy, which means that it is die-cast, which means that the armour will be too thick, which means that it probably won't articulate properly and will be too heavy.

The mail is pretty neat. It is impressive that they used 2.5mm links. I can't manage anything smaller than 3-3.5mm. Keep in mind that even 2.5mm is too big for 1:6 scale. Typical European mail used 6-8mm links while these would be 15mm when scaled up to full-size. However, from a visual standpoint, it definitely provides the verisimilitude of real armour.

I like the long-sleeved doublet as well.

Valiarde

Valiarde
I own version 1.0 and the articulation isn't too bad.

I love this one the chainmail is a very nice upgrade and one of the best chainmail sizes I've seen so far. But the price is a but too much for such a figure. So I'm out.

csyeung

csyeung
I remember the first version looked pretty good. Although the headsculpt was a little off for Milla, I feel that one looked more like her than this new prototype. The hair looks better, but the face is a bit too round for Milla I think. Will have to see how final prod comes out. Also I think there's no helmet in this new set?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree with what has been said by others above. The upgrade is very nice, the figure looks very sharp. The hair is better, certainly in principle (the original version came with one haired and one molded head), but I'm not sure the sculpted face is an improvement compared to the one we got before. Between having and liking the earlier version and the price of this one, I'm not likely to be tempted... Still, it is probably nice for those who missed out on the first version in particular.

Valiarde

Valiarde
I mean the old one cost me 180 Euro ($190). This one costs nearly three times as much at $540!

And I know a shop that is still selling both 1.0 original versions for 190€ right now...so it doesn't seem like that one sold like hot cakes.

This one has the special edition vibe some collectors might love. And the upgrudes are nice, but yeah, not for me. Smile But I hope we see more of that exquisite chain mail in the future for a more affordable price.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
They may legit have thought that an accurate representation of Milla Jovovich is less important now, as she had been Joan in the decade of their original figure, but it's 20+ years later for Milla, so something more generally Joan, and less specifically Milla, may be the intention.  And a difference may be welcome to any owners of the first buying the second.  Less forgivable to my eyes is the lack of a helmet this time around.  It's kind of a big detriment, and no one should be spending this kind of money yet regretting that something major from Ver. 1 is left out in Ver. 2.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote: Less forgivable to my eyes is the lack of a helmet this time around.  It's kind of a big detriment, and no one should be spending this kind of money yet regretting that something major from Ver. 1 is left out in Ver. 2.

You're right, I didn't even notice there was no helmet! So no helmet, only one head, and more money? The cool metal (chain) mail rings are not quite enough to tempt me, especially as I already own the first version and am happy enough with it.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote: Less forgivable to my eyes is the lack of a helmet this time around.  It's kind of a big detriment, and no one should be spending this kind of money yet regretting that something major from Ver. 1 is left out in Ver. 2.

You're right, I didn't even notice there was no helmet! So no helmet, only one head, and more money? The cool metal (chain) mail rings are not quite enough to tempt me, especially as I already own the first version and am happy enough with it.

You know, Poptoys and I have a kinda bad, kinda weird history about this. The fact that I regretted not getting the original version of this was definitely a factor that caused me to get the first two Poptoys "Era of Europa" Knights; and then, the debacle with those non-fitting helmets poisoned the whole darn purchase that was close to $1000 with two knights and two horses. So it closes the loop that another Poptoys version of Joan comes back with no helmet at all this time around. There's no abundant Good Will left in me for Poptoys.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:You know, Poptoys and I have a kinda bad, kinda weird history about this.  The fact that I regretted not getting the original version of this was definitely a factor that caused me to get the first two Poptoys "Era of Europa" Knights; and then, the debacle with those non-fitting helmets poisoned the whole darn purchase that was close to $1000 with two knights and two horses.  So it closes the loop that another Poptoys version of Joan comes back with no helmet at all this time around.  There's no abundant Good Will left in me for Poptoys.

Sorry to hear this. Too bad, because I think their original version of Jeanne was quite good, faithful to the film (which is something, and might be too much to expect faithful to history as no one took photos back then), and more believable than those fantasy warriors. Would it be worth it to pick up the (or a) helmet to add to this new set?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Honestly, with the rising costs of most figures, it’s still hard to justify $500+ for this (not to mention, what’s with the ugly nose on this one? Mila’s a pretty good looking woman, this just makes her look horrible). That being said, Pop Toys should have stuck to making clothing sets, which were the best mass produced on the market. Aside from (maybe) the time-consuming effort to make the chainmail, the rest of this could have been done in plastic to reduce costs. I still don’t get the reasoning behind all the metal. If the Europa Knights had been done in plastic, the helmets would have been able to go on the heads by heating them up a bit.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Female - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Joan of Arc 2.0 Commemorative Edition【2.5mm Handmade Lock Armor】 C8485110

gooboo

The plate armor may be accurate to the movie, but it's pretty lackluster compared to the Gothic Knights they released earlier this year. Not interested in this whole set, but I'm going to keep my eye out for the chainmail on ebay. Looks really good.

Annalise

Annalise
You're probably better off buying the entire figure. The eBay scalpers are likely to ask $500 for the chainmail alone judging by their ridiculous prices of late.

I missed out on the V1.0 and was recently shopping around for it. The cheapest I could find was ~$250. Knowing the problems inherent in Poptoys bodies from that era and not being a fan of the head sculpts on the 1.0 figure, I decided to pass. Then this shows up and I thought instant purchase until seeing the $450+ price tag. No helmet, very few accessories and again not my favourite head sculpts makes this a difficult purchase to justify. It is very tempting though.

Out of curiosity, has anyone attempted a seamless body swap with the V1.0 (EX-019) armour?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum