OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

gooboo

PL2022-190A (Black) Amazon Warrior Pre-sale Materials
Soldier Amazon – Black 1/6 Scale Action Figure

Item Name: Soldier Amazon – Black 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item No: PL2022-190A
Bar Code: 697 127233 134 2

Packing List:

1) 1 * helmet
2) 1 * head sculpt
3) 1 * TBLeague 1/6 scale female seamless body with metal skeleton
4) 1 * cape
5) 1 * armor garment for full upper body
6) 1 * decorative waist belt with dangling elements
7) 1 * skirt
Cool 1 * pair of underpants
9) 1 * dagger
10) 1 * sheath for dagger
11) 2 * pieces of armor for forearms
12) 1 * pair of fabric sleeves for forearms
13) 2 * pieces of armor for lower legs
14) 1 * pair of calf sleeves
15) 1 * pair of feet
16) 3 * pairs of interchangeable hands
17) 1 * spear
18) 1 * base with holder
19) 1 * shield

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 2.50 kg
Measurements: 24.3cm*19.2cm*38.0cm

4 products/master carton
GW: 10.89 kg
Measurements: 51cm*41cm*40.5cm

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) Tb116

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) Tb216

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) Tb315

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) Tb416

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) Tb514

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) Tb615

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) Tb715

PL2022-190B (Brown) Amazon Warrior Pre-sale Materials
Soldier Amazon – Brown 1/ 6 Scale Action Figure

Item Name: Soldier Amazon – Brown 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item No: PL2022-190B
Bar Code: 697 127233 135 9

Packing List:

1) 1 * helmet
2) 1 * head sculpt
3) 1 * TBLeague 1 /6 scale female seamless body with metal skeleton
4) 1 * cape
5) 1 * armor garment for full upper body
6) 1 * decorative waist belt with dangling elements
7) 1 * skirt
Cool 1 * pair of underpants
9) 1 * dagger
10) 1 * sheath for dagger
11) 2 * pieces of armor for forearms
12) 1 * pair of fabric sleeves for forearms
13) 2 * pieces of armor for lower legs
14) 1 * pair of calf sleeves
15) 1 * pair of feet
16) 3 * pairs of interchangeable hands
17) 1 * spear
18) 1 * base with holder
19) 1 * shield

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 2.50 kg
Measurements: 24.3cm*19.2cm*38.0cm

4 products/master carton
GW: 10.89 kg
Measurements: 51cm*41cm*40.5cm

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) Tb815

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) Tb915

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) Tb1015

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) Tb1115

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) Tb1216

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) Tb1315

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) Tb1416

gooboo

For a moment there I got really excited and thought black/brown were referring to new skin tones but alas, it's just the clothing.

The headsculpts look nice, maybe I'll pick up the black one when it comes out, but overall I'm kind of done with the pseudo Greek myth stuff visually speaking. The subject matter is interesting, but I don't think TBLeague is doing much interesting with the visual designs. In any case the armor actually looks more Roman than Greek amazon, at least for the cuirass.

I'm guessing it's the s46/s47 body due to the smaller bust.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I was right there with you, gooboo. These TBLeague offerings lately are getting repetitive and boring. Different skin tones would be nice. And where the hell is that mermaid they initially teased a couple years ago. They keep pumping out the same type of stuff over and over. I never thought I’d see the day where I’d be happy if they teamed back up with Executive Replicas to help them garner officially licensed product.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Right there with you both. This is so totally repetetive and redundant that I could easily have mistaken it for simply a reissue of the Spartan something or other. I suppose this will make happy someone who wants to build a coherent group or team with just enough minor differentiation to tell them apart.

csyeung

csyeung
What is this cheapness that they didn't even bother with sandals or shoes?!?!?!?!?

Kallor8

Did they cancel the "new" Spartan one coming out and this is a reconfigure, like how Nordic Fighter turned into the Elf Archer set? If not, those are two extremely similar lazy sets coming out back to back.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Why should they make any effort when there are plenty of simps buying these things?

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Kallor8 wrote:Did they cancel the "new" Spartan one coming out and this is a reconfigure, like how Nordic Fighter turned into the Elf Archer set?  If not, those are two extremely similar lazy sets coming out back to back.

It wouldn't be fair to say there's virtually no difference between the TBL PL2020-165 Spartan Army (Commander), which came out last year, and the TBL PL2022-189 Spartan Commander that's recently been announced.  The difference is a $50 increase. Sad

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ha! You had me going there for a bit, MBAM. Price increase is definitely the difference.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) C8485110

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
The sculpts are quite nice, I might pick both of those up.

But yes, two near-identically themed sets back to back? This might not have seemed so redundant if they'd all been announced together (and indeed there are elements of these two that are more appealing than either of the new 'Spartan' releases). There's so much else they could have done to make either pair of sets more exciting, though - not least change up the skintones on the blander 'Spartan' sets, which we know they're entirely capable of doing but choose not to.

TBL seriously need to get their thinking caps on now and come up with some more interesting ideas.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Funny, I am less irked by these... probably because I have been less vested in the previous ones. I think I've bought two sets overall -- one of the Arhians and the Spartan Goddess of War. Of course I have picked up plenty of parted out pieces for bashing. Smile The upper body armor looks more palatable than plenty of crazy things they have designed before, vambraces are fantasy but basically expected, and greaves are legit -- for Greek-ish warriors -- as are bare feet (ideally, they should also provide sandals that would fit on the feet, as they have done occasionally in the past -- but not just sandaled/booted feet). Even the silly horned helmet doesn't seem that much worse than others. I agree they are getting a little lazy and am tired of the genre, but they mashed together Sea Peoples and Romans and everything in-between for a somewhat lackluster but almost believable warrior figure.

That said, real Amazons (i.e., Amazons as imagined by the Ancient Greeks) would have looked like this:
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) Amazon10

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
It would certainly be interesting to get a brief glimpse into the mind of the collector who buys both of these and both of the new Spartan sets. Smile

shazzdan

shazzdan
I have a problem with calling these "investments". An investment gives you a return on your money (ROI). If you are hoping that these will appreciate in value then that is "speculation", which is no better than gambling. If you open the packaging then there is virtually no chance of capital gain so it can't even be called speculating. When you buy these, be honest as to why you did so - because it is a fun hobby. Hobbies aren't supposed to make you money. Hobbies and entertainment are what make life worth living. As soon as you try to make money from your hobby, it becomes a job.

Diana

Diana
Let me invite you into the mind of someone who LOVES these figures... Laughing

I don't care for historical accuracy. My teenage hero was Xena. 'nuff said. Very Happy

I have the first Black Spartan Army Commander. I loved everything about her, despite the fact that she is wearing that crop top, which seems a little ridiculous, but perfectly acceptable in a Xenaverse.

Then I was very happy to see the new Spartan Army Commander, of which I POed the black one, even though it is mostly brown. While her face looks a little too soft for my liking, I figured she'd look great next to the original Commander. And her armor seemed more appropriate and less sexy.

Now this! The armor is yet improved and quite different. Her 'girls' are less pronounced for one, and I like the gold accents in the brown version. I also like that the silver accents look much more subtle in the black version, which would give them quite a bit of individuality next to each other. Love both sculpts, but especially the brown one, since she seems to have a more European face. And I'm excited for the curls.

First Commander is black, second commander is mostly brown... I gotta pre-order both. NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) Icon_l17 Very Happy drunken NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) Boogie12

They will look amazing as a unit!

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I can see the logic in wanting to build a uniform but still slightly diverse fighting unit, but it's too many releases with too little variety all at once for me. Although weirdly if these had been a sub-set or ancillary version alongside the Spartans (or vice versa), I don't think I'd have minded quite as much. I dunno, it's difficult to explain. There's also that usual initial rush of disappointment at wasted opportunity that I seem to feel with every TBL set release now, to tussle with.

I do actually prefer these 'Amazons' I think, even though as sets ironically they're more 'spartan' than the Spartans. They certainly convince more as warrior women (at least within TBL's narrow parameters), if the promos are to be believed.

So all that said, I'll probably end up buying one of the four (and some parts from the others)... Laughing

shazzdan

shazzdan
Diana wrote:I don't care for historical accuracy. My teenage hero was Xena. 'nuff said. Very Happy

I would snap up a good version of Xena in a heartbeat.

Diana

Diana
shazzdan wrote:
Diana wrote:I don't care for historical accuracy. My teenage hero was Xena. 'nuff said. Very Happy

I would snap up a good version of Xena in a heartbeat.
RIGHT??? Very Happy
I'm still waiting for it...

Oooph! The comments on BBICN are not kind... Curious to see whether TBL will react to it with changes. *I hope not*

gooboo

Interesting point on the comments on BBICN. Reminds me of the nordic warrior -> elf archer girl changes, when the forums criticized the nordic warrior design. I don't think I would be surprised if TBLeague ends up making some changes to this figure.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I'd sooner they took notes and cherrypicked the best elements from both Amazons and Spartans into one release, personally.

Not going to order any of these, it might be wiser to see if there are any changes as a result of the criticisms.

Annalise

Annalise
Fine, simp label accepted. I am going to buy them both. If you want historical accuracy, then Phicen/TBL has never been that. They make the best hot girls in armour and I'm all in.

These fantasy warrior women are why I started buying 1/6 figures. So I accept partial blame for these repetitive boring releases. (You and me Diana!) I'm very happy they're not another Egyptian deity, and will look great alongside my 5 Spartans and various Sonjas, etc.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:I do actually prefer these 'Amazons' I think, even though as sets ironically they're more 'spartan' than the Spartans. They certainly convince more as warrior women (at least within TBL's narrow parameters), if the promos are to be believed.

Very well put. I prefer these here, to be honest.

Ovy

Ovy
Well, she could benefit from another headsculpt I think. And I knew Diana would love it, haha. Classic tbleauge release in my book.

Annalise wrote: you want historical accuracy, then Phicen/TBL has never been that.
Well, you speak the truth here. Looking for historical accuracy/plausibility here is like complaining to a fast food company about their food not being healthy.  Works better with Poptoys and Coomodel.

And I might repeat myself again, but don't get any hopes up of seeing a dark skinned human character anytime soon from a Chinese company. They just want light skinned characters.
And if there is a black character presented one day, I would not recommend reading the comments on BBICN...

shazzdan wrote:... Hobbies aren't supposed to make you money. Hobbies and entertainment are what make life worth living. As soon as you try to make money from your hobby, it becomes a job.
Ha, beautifully said! I won't say anything against someone who collects unopened boxes, but this would take all the fun out of it for me personally.

And we want to see your kitbashed Xena tomorrow, you have 24 hours! Laughing

Kallor8

Diana wrote:Let me invite you into the mind of someone who LOVES these figures... Laughing

I don't care for historical accuracy. My teenage hero was Xena. 'nuff said. Very Happy

Annalise wrote:Fine, simp label accepted. I am going to buy them both. If you want historical accuracy, then Phicen/TBL has never been that. They make the best hot girls in armour and I'm all in.

These fantasy warrior women are why I started buying 1/6 figures. So I accept partial blame for these repetitive boring releases. (You and me Diana!) I'm very happy they're not another Egyptian deity, and will look great alongside my 5 Spartans and various Sonjas, etc.

Hey, I am with you in spirit, honest.  I wasn't trying to cast any judgment or aspersions on people who enjoy this aesthetic because I'm one of them.  I don't care about accuracy one whit and warrior women are definitely a go-to.  Red Sonja will always be a buy for me lol and with Sonjaversal there can now even be orange, purple, robot and hell Sonja(!) if we want.

I loved the black, white, and gold 2020 Spartan releases and in a vacuum I'd love this one too, I'm just getting annoyed with TBLeague cheapskating on things.  So while I am absolutely here for hot warrior women, it's when I see the *same* hot warrior women over and over instead of new and different hot warrior women that I get a little disappointed.

Annalise

Annalise
Kallor8 wrote:I'm just getting annoyed with TBLeague cheapskating on things

100% agree with you there. The spartan contents of this set is the next step in a disturbing trend. Bare feet, no bracelets or armlets or thigh bands, few accessoires and we get a small ugly rock base instead. What's next, no helmet or weapons either?

Create some new elements, give us decent number of them and just raise the damned price if you must.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Annalise wrote:
Kallor8 wrote:I'm just getting annoyed with TBLeague cheapskating on things

100% agree with you there. The spartan contents of this set is the next step in a disturbing trend. Bare feet, no bracelets or armlets or thigh bands, few accessoires and we get a small ugly rock base instead. What's next, no helmet or weapons either?

Create some new elements, give us decent number of them and just raise the damned price if you must.

And make the base optional, to save on shipping costs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum