OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:51 am

Melancholia

This recent purchase, a YMT058 b head sculpt inspired me to make a post.  Many times head sculpts look quite different in reality than in the advertisement and  can be a disappointment once recieved.  But not this beauty.  I'm curious to see someone else's beauties
Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt 20220413

2Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:58 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Interesting topic. I think a good idea would be a head sculpt master thread - were we post a in hand pic of each HS with its name (GAC TOYS 23, YMToys058b)

But it is a lotta work Smile

3Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:21 am

Arcata

Arcata
Valiarde wrote:Interesting topic. I think a good idea would be a head sculpt master thread - were we post a in hand pic of each HS with its name (GAC TOYS 23, YMToys058b)

But it is a lotta work  Smile

I think that’s an outstanding idea, that would be hugely beneficial for people like me who are new to the hobby. I’d also suggest adding whether it works better with pale or suntan bodies, since lighting can be so deceptive.

But for the OP’s thread, I’ll gladly play along, I just need to update this post later, I don’t have the time just yet.

4Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:30 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
There were already several attempts to make a head catalogue on this site and on Onesixthwarriors.
I would also contribute photos of my substantial head collection, if we setup some organisational rules for collecting head information. It would be great if we could have a sticky picture thread (without comments) to which everybody could submit pictures and descriptions (order no., supplier, body color match etc.). Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt 1f600

5Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:07 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Sculpt, she is a real beauty. A lot of work, but i love the idea. let´s do this

6Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:12 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Randam Hajile wrote:There were already several attempts to make a head catalogue on this site and on Onesixthwarriors.
I would also contribute photos of my substantial head collection, if we setup some organisational rules for collecting head information. It would be great if we could have a sticky picture thread (without comments) to which everybody could submit pictures and descriptions (order no., supplier, body color match etc.).  Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt 1f600    

I second that.
As for rules for the images, how about something like this:

Maximum width 3 inches (4.7 cm),
maximum resolution 300 dpi,
focus on head sculpt (neck included down to top of shoulders), with additional indication of:
(1) Company (e.g., YM Toys),
(2) Subject (character and, if pertinent, actor/actress name: e.g., Black Widow, Scarlett Johansen),
(3) product number (e.g., YMT058 B).

As for YMT058 B, it is not even my type style-wise, but I agree it is lovely.

7Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:51 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde and Randam Hajile, I have followed up on your suggestion, and begun an experimental catalog thread, along the lines mentioned above. I hope it would be simple, yet informative, and that it will take off.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5547-head-sculpt-general-catalog-contribute-but-check-out-the-rules#78252

Incidentally, the head sculpt posted as an example/first submission there is probably my favorite right now (but that is likely to be a flavor of the month). Smile

8Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:29 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Jenny-30th-March-2021-5
LOADING: Image(s)

In my collection, i have to go with the custom 1/6 portrait of Jenny Agutter

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

9Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:32 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
GubernatorFan wrote:Valiarde and Randam Hajile, I have followed up on your suggestion, and begun an experimental catalog thread, along the lines mentioned above. I hope it would be simple, yet informative, and that it will take off.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5547-head-sculpt-general-catalog-contribute-but-check-out-the-rules#78252

Incidentally, the head sculpt posted as an example/first submission there is probably my favorite right now (but that is likely to be a flavor of the month). Smile
Awesome my friend. I'm sure it will be a helpful thread. Gonna submit some stuff for sure.

10Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:54 pm

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Arcata wrote:
I’d also suggest adding whether it works better with pale or suntan bodies, since lighting can be so deceptive.

It might also be a good idea to list sizing (or approximate sizing) of the head sculpts, as I have some that are smaller (like KT004) and look better paired with smaller bodies, while others are larger (MC001) suited for larger bodies.

The smaller framed head sculpts seem to work well on either smaller or larger bodies, however the larger heads look very out of place on the smaller bodies.

— Steven

11Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:58 pm

ElBundy

ElBundy
An additional lateral view of the head sculpt might also be helpful. Some heads look nice in the front view, but weird in the lateral view.

12Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:02 pm

Melancholia

Sorry, didn't intend on this becoming such an in-depth comment. I hope I didn't cause more work than intended. I was just wanting to admire the aesthetics of those beauties out there. But the new thread may be quite helpful as I have almost bought a head, then saw a customer photo of it, and was shocked at how much difference there was between the ad and the actual buyer photo. It made me change my mind on quite a few heads I deemed very ordinary in comparison, with extremely bland paint jobs. Looking forward to the new thread though.

13Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:36 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
ElBundy wrote:An additional lateral view of the head sculpt might also be helpful. Some heads look nice in the front view, but weird in the lateral view.

True. And lighting can also make a big difference. But that could overcomplicate things. But i like the idea of a side view in addition to the front view.

@Morose we didnt want to capture your thread idea here for our project. Maybe we can still use it fot our favourite heads Smile

14Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:56 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:
ElBundy wrote:An additional lateral view of the head sculpt might also be helpful. Some heads look nice in the front view, but weird in the lateral view.

True. And lighting can also make a big difference. But that could overcomplicate things. But i like the idea of a side view in addition to the front view.

@Morose we didnt want to capture your thread idea here for our project. Maybe we can still use it fot our favourite heads Smile
I agree, should I add a side view "requirement" to the guidelines?

Morose, I, too, did not want to usurp your thread for the purposes of this discussion, though I suppose it is in the nature of conversations to go on tangents. You get to be the catalyst by creating this thread for favorite head sculpts, so you should be credited as our muse. Smile

15Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:12 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Very cool idea. I had a thread with some heads for reference a while back, maybe some of them could be added to the sticky?

In any case, you can see some in hand of some of the sculpts available.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3188-headsculpt-reference-building?highlight=head+sculpt+reference

16Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:37 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:Very cool idea. I had a thread with some heads for reference a while back, maybe some of them could be added to the sticky?

In any case, you can see some in hand of some of the sculpts available.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3188-headsculpt-reference-building?highlight=head+sculpt+reference
Yes, I remember -- just recommended it to someone recently. It's a great thread and idea. In principle, these images should apply. But I think what the guys were driving at was achieving a degree of uniformity in the presentation, that should help comparisons. And that is a tall order when it comes to contributions from a slew of different members.

17Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:00 pm

davidd

davidd
I'm partial to the YMToys YMT-040A sculpt:

Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt 51838887186_f4d95e2b7d_z

18Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:30 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
ukshaun wrote:Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Jenny-30th-March-2021-5

It's truly a beautiful sculpt and paintjob. You should definitely be proud of it. I love you

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

19Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:02 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Perhaps it is the novelty of it, but I love the HT Wonder Woman 1984 (Gold Armor) head:
Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Htgalg10

20Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:05 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

Yep. Same for me. I have the same, with damn near the same identical paint job (same group did Shaun's and mine).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt C8485110

21Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:53 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That group are very talented. I'd like to get a sculpt painted by them some day, but I have yet to decide which one.

ETA: whoops, I missed the Wonder Woman head. I agree , that's a really nice one. : )

22Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:21 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:That group are very talented. I'd like to get a sculpt painted by them some day, but I have yet to decide which one.

I would think if you get one of those Padme sculpts from Lopo.sculpts that we’ve seen the progress pics of, you’d want to get one of those and have them paint it up so you could finally have a (even better than) Hot Toys quality version to match with one of your Anakin figures.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt C8485110

23Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:43 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:That group are very talented. I'd like to get a sculpt painted by them some day, but I have yet to decide which one.

I would think if you get one of those Padme sculpts from Lopo.sculpts that we’ve seen the progress pics of, you’d want to get one of those and have them paint it up so you could finally have a (even better than) Hot Toys quality version to match with one of your Anakin figures.

Yes! That is indeed what I'm hoping to do in future. Looking forward to those. Very Happy

24Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:14 am

Melancholia

Forgive my naivety, but I still remember watching Logan's run a while back. Is this the actress that played the lead role? It most certainly is a strong resemblance.

25Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Empty Re: Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:04 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Miss Swamptoll Centerfold 2010 Bertha Knucklebone ?

Your Most Beautiful 1/6 Head Sculpt 00326

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum