OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

" O`Neil " Platoon

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1" O`Neil " Platoon  Empty " O`Neil " Platoon Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:47 am

Chip

Hi all ,  another addition to my Platoon Movie characters . This is  " O`Neil " . I don`t recall seeing that many red haired figures , and I think there is some likeness to the actor . I think this is a ZC body , a little to Muscled for O`Neil maybe , but looks o.k . I was lucky enough some years ago , to score the sideshow exclusive figure O`Neil kit loose , till now it was in my bits boxes or spread across other figures , but looking at this sculpt , I scavenged it all together , customed and added a few bits and here is the result .

" O`Neil " Platoon  1-P1150087

" O`Neil " Platoon  2-P1150090

" O`Neil " Platoon  4-P1150092

" O`Neil " Platoon  5-P1150098

" O`Neil " Platoon  6-P1150102

" O`Neil " Platoon  7-P1150096

" O`Neil " Platoon  8-P1150100

" O`Neil " Platoon  9-P1150089

2" O`Neil " Platoon  Empty Re: " O`Neil " Platoon Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:13 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Nice work, Chip!

Definitely more of a beefcake than O'Neil in the film but hey it still works, the sculpt works really well too, I think. It seems to sit a little high on the neck, sometimes the neckless heads can be tricky in that way.

3" O`Neil " Platoon  Empty Re: " O`Neil " Platoon Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:10 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like it -- in fact, I have the head and have used it for custom characters. I don't remember the movie vividly enough to compare, but he is a great figure and a fine addition to your platoon. Still, if I were you, and if he was going to show this much skin, I would have used a seamless body.

4" O`Neil " Platoon  Empty Re: " O`Neil " Platoon Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:30 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Another great choice of a head. The vest makes him look complete and hides that head/neck issue.

I think I have the same body (ZC toys something?) and heads were sitting too high on it too. So I cut the neck down a bit.

5" O`Neil " Platoon  Empty Re: " O`Neil " Platoon Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:27 am

Chip

Thanks chaps , agreed the head sits a little high , but not such an issue when he has is Flak Jacket on . And yeah he would look better on a seamless body , but have to think of the pennies , and as this ZC figure was walking around headless , well it made sense to use it . Maybe he will get an upgrade one day Ian .

6" O`Neil " Platoon  Empty Re: " O`Neil " Platoon Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:09 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
If the visible joints don't bother you, don't bother. Smile It is a very nice figure, and would look great with your other characters.

7" O`Neil " Platoon  Empty Re: " O`Neil " Platoon Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:23 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Another fantastic addition Chip! He looks very relaxed in his T-shirt pics!

8" O`Neil " Platoon  Empty Re: " O`Neil " Platoon Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:32 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
You are on a roll with the nam bashes, very cool looking dude. I like this version of O'neill.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! " O`Neil " Platoon  1f60e

9" O`Neil " Platoon  Empty Re: " O`Neil " Platoon Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:43 am

Chip

Thanks for the further comments peeps . Smile

10" O`Neil " Platoon  Empty Re: " O`Neil " Platoon Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:08 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Not sure how I missed this one. Very cool figure. Neat that you still had all the Sideshow parts.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

" O`Neil " Platoon  C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum