OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: China-XH: 1/6 The Empress Dowager Cixi of the Late Qing Dynasty (Historically Accurate)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Parts List:
1 headgear
1 wax head carving
1 vest
1 cheongsam top
1 skirt
1 piece of pants
1 pair of flower pot shoes
1 pair of nail sets
1 body
3 pairs of hands

*Figure only, other figures and background accessories sold separately.*

female - NEW PRODUCT: China-XH: 1/6 The Empress Dowager Cixi of the Late Qing Dynasty (Historically Accurate)  6b8c4510
female - NEW PRODUCT: China-XH: 1/6 The Empress Dowager Cixi of the Late Qing Dynasty (Historically Accurate)  Df633610
female - NEW PRODUCT: China-XH: 1/6 The Empress Dowager Cixi of the Late Qing Dynasty (Historically Accurate)  631b1210
female - NEW PRODUCT: China-XH: 1/6 The Empress Dowager Cixi of the Late Qing Dynasty (Historically Accurate)  5128fc10
female - NEW PRODUCT: China-XH: 1/6 The Empress Dowager Cixi of the Late Qing Dynasty (Historically Accurate)  A8360010
female - NEW PRODUCT: China-XH: 1/6 The Empress Dowager Cixi of the Late Qing Dynasty (Historically Accurate)  Cc4e9310
female - NEW PRODUCT: China-XH: 1/6 The Empress Dowager Cixi of the Late Qing Dynasty (Historically Accurate)  B4cbd610
female - NEW PRODUCT: China-XH: 1/6 The Empress Dowager Cixi of the Late Qing Dynasty (Historically Accurate)  2fb65610

#newproduct #China-XH #DowagerEmpress #female #Chinese #historical

brassco

brassco
so...this is based on history? who would collect these? fans of Qing Dynasty's Empress??

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If I could get a decent David Niven and the appropriate version of Carlton Heston head sculpts, I could see getting this. (If you get the reference you’re old like me).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

female - NEW PRODUCT: China-XH: 1/6 The Empress Dowager Cixi of the Late Qing Dynasty (Historically Accurate)  C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, she is one of the most successful women in Chinese history, even for empresses. I was just saying we don't often see head sculpts of aged females (least of all Chinese ones, I suppose), and there she is. Technically she is Manchu, not Han Chinese, but anyway. The appearance and clothing seem to replicate pictures and photos closely enough. I wonder if she is on a suitably short body atop those platform shoes. There have been a few Qing Dynasty figures (most notably the earlier Qianlong-era emperor, who was portrayed in a successful series), but probably not enough to populate a court diorama -- or are they making those other ones too? Personally, I'd be much more interested to see a high-end realistic sixth-scale rendition of the medieval Empress Wu (Zetian), who actually ruled in her own right as China's only empress regnant in 690-705, after having dominated the court for the previous three decades. But for some reason, there hasn't been much focus on this period (Tang Dynasty), as far as I know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum