OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
“This time it’s gonna take more than killing me to kill me.”

Doctor Strange dreamwalks into his variant’s corpse from the post-incursion universe. When Dead Strange heads for Mount Wundagore for the final showdown, he’s set upon by the Souls of Damned, who scream at him for possessing a dead body. This desecrates the natural order of the universe, and the hellish sprits were sent to stop him.

Today, Hot Toys thrilled to present the highly-anticipated 1/6th scale Dead Strange collectible figure and his cape of demons inspired by the Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

Meticulously crafted based on the appearance of Benedict Cumberbatch as Dead Strange in the movie, the figure features a newly developed head sculpt and hair sculpture with disgustingly beautiful details; a decaying tunic outfit and sculpted boots, a distressed cape with sculpted heads of demons; the greatly detailed Souls of Damned accessories to drag on Strange, and a dynamic figure base.

The Dead Strange figure will surely be a unique one to your Marvel collection!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS654
PRODUCT NAMEDEAD STRANGE
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 31 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESBLACK COLORED CLOAK WITH SOULS OF DAMNED HEAD SCULPTURES AND DISTRESSED DETAILING,
PRODUCT RELEASE DATEAPPROXIMATELY Q3 – Q4, 2023
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A
HEAD PAINTED BY N/A
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY N/A
The 1/6th scale Dead Strange Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Benedict Cumberbatch as Dead Strange in Marvel Studios’ Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
- One (1) newly developed head sculpt
- Highly-detailed tied hair sculpture
- Movie-accurate Dead Strange’s appearance with damaged muscle tissue and exposed skeleton parts
- Body with over 30 points of articulation
- Approximately 31 cm tall
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of clenching hands
- Two (2) pairs of gesture hands
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume :
- One (1) black colored cloak with Souls of Damned head sculptures and distressed detailing (embedded with wires)
- One (1) multi-layered burgundy and black colored tunic with distressed detailing
- One (1) burgundy and black colored under-tunic
- One (1) cummerbund
- One (1) pair of navy colored pants
- One (1) pair of burgundy and black boots

Accessories:
- One (1) Souls of Damned accessory with articulated arms (attachable to figure’s back)
- Two (2) Souls of Damned accessories
- Specially designed figure stand with movie logo and character nameplate

Release date: Approximately Q3 – Q4, 2023

*Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© 2022 Marvel.
© 2022 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11747
DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 21030
DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3705
DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4660
DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5606
DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6572
DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7550
DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8520
DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9503
DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10479
DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11748
DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12434
DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13412
DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14385
DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 15360
DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 16333
DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 17308
DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 18282
DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 19247
DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 20203
DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 21227
DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 22198

#newproduct #HotToys #DoctorStrange #MultiverseofMadness #DeadStrange #male #Marvel #MCU #movie #comicbook

csyeung

csyeung
looks awesome but I'm not a big horror fan heh. Wouldn't want to see this everyday staring at me haha.

Illusion

Illusion
csyeung wrote:looks awesome but I'm not a big horror fan heh. Wouldn't want to see this everyday staring at me haha.

same here Very Happy

a figure to add some true variety to the Marvel Line Up on the shelves, but certainly not for me (I am not very much into Marvel anymore anyway - which is really good given the price development of Hot Toys, haven‘t craved for any of their figures for a loooooooong time now.)

Valiarde

Valiarde
What's dead may never die.  Smile  

I wonder if this would be better as a statue than an action figure..
Hot Toys must be glad that there was a different kind of Dr. Strange in the movie to make a different version of him. I think it looks very nice with a good shelf presence.
We need every marvel char as an Undead. Lets call them "the ScAvengers"

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Valiarde wrote:We need every marvel char as an Undead.

Oddly enough, they're somewhat on their way... HT isn't making anything officially branded as an actual series for the comics Marvel Zombies, but Iron Man is getting a Zombie version as "Mysterio's Illusion" from Spider-Man Far from Home; Deadpool has a HT Zombie version; and now Multiverse of Madness gives HT the occasion to make this one. There's also a Wandavision version of Vision that comes with the Dead head as an alternate, but I don't think it was the HT version. No doubt if this Marvel Zombies trend catches on in 1/6, we'll see more undead versions of everybody coming out on the unlicensed side.

csyeung

csyeung
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:

Oddly enough, they're somewhat on their way...  HT isn't making anything officially branded as an actual series for the comics Marvel Zombies, but Iron Man is getting a Zombie version as "Mysterio's Illusion" from Spider-Man Far from Home;  Deadpool has a HT Zombie version; and now Multiverse of Madness gives HT the occasion to make this one.  There's also a Wandavision version of Vision that comes with the Dead head as an alternate, but I don't think it was the HT version.  No doubt if this Marvel Zombies trend catches on in 1/6, we'll see more undead versions of everybody coming  out on the unlicensed side.

Dont forget the teased a Zombie Cap last year at one of their showcases as well! They're all coming alive!!!!!!!!!

Valiarde

Valiarde
csyeung wrote:

Oddly enough, they're somewhat on their way...  HT isn't making anything officially branded as an actual series for the comics Marvel Zombies, but Iron Man is getting a Zombie version as "Mysterio's Illusion" from Spider-Man Far from Home;  Deadpool has a HT Zombie version; and now Multiverse of Madness gives HT the occasion to make this one.  There's also a Wandavision version of Vision that comes with the Dead head as an alternate, but I don't think it was the HT version.  No doubt if this Marvel Zombies trend catches on in 1/6, we'll see more undead versions of everybody coming  out on the unlicensed side.

Dont forget the teased a Zombie Cap last year at one of their showcases as well! They're all coming alive!!!!!!!!!

Nice, thank you two for the additional information. Haven't realized there are already some on the way Smile

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
csyeung wrote:Dont forget the teased a Zombie Cap last year at one of their showcases as well! They're all coming alive!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, I knew I was forgetting something. It's interesting that the Cap Zombie actually is directly on brand from the actual comics series "Marvel Zombies," by way of their What If Disney show adaptation. The other ones are nominally from other sources but they fill out the theme.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I don't follow Marvel and I've never seen a single thing with Dr. Strange in it, but I gasped when I saw this! I freaking LOVE IT. DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1f60d Those who say the horror factor is what makes them not want it on their shelves....well for me it's the opposite, I am a horror fan and I love how creepy it is! But of course, seeing as I don't currently collect horror or marvel figures, it would just be way too expensive to justify. But I could see myself being inspired to do some future kitbash with a similar vibe.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I don't follow Marvel and I've never seen a single thing with Dr. Strange in it, but I gasped when I saw this! I freaking LOVE IT.  DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1f60d Those who say the horror factor is what makes them not want it on their shelves....well for me it's the opposite, I am a horror fan and I love how creepy it is! But of course, seeing as I don't currently collect horror or marvel figures, it would just be way too expensive to justify. But I could see myself being inspired to do some future kitbash with a similar vibe.

I could see using this for just about anything fantasy or horror related (maybe even occult) and not have it be representative of Dr. Strange. Looks cool, but about $150 more than I’d be willing to spend on it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

Valiarde

Valiarde
This might be a realease that could benefit from a DX and a "normal" release with a cheaper cost and fewer gadgets?
On the other hand (or hands) it wouldn't look as impressive without his multiple undead hands 

I also love this idea and set for what it is though.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Seems like this would be an excellent addition for anyone who is enjoying the Court of the Dead (Sideshow through ThreeZero and TBL) but isn't locked into their official "canon."

DoctorStrange - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: DEAD STRANGE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 09301310

Valiarde

Valiarde
I'm very much a Court of the Dead asthetics fan. Thanks for reminding me on this one Moonbase alpha man. But I saw a unboxing vid of this joker figure and was very underwhelmed...for such a price.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Valiarde wrote:I'm very much a Court of the Dead asthetics fan. Thanks for reminding me on this one Moonbase alpha man. But I saw a unboxing vid of this joker figure and was very underwhelmed...for such a price.

I am loving mine in hand because of all the grim details, and clearly there is imagination put into it.  Be warned though, it's really short -- about 10" tall.  If I hadn't been warned about that beforehand I would have found that disappointing, but I guess it's part of the concept -- while the upcoming Demithyle is the other way, 16", but with a price to match.  I generally find Sideshow figures overpriced (even compared to HT, which is saying something) but in this case you can see a little bit where the added money is going with all the detail.  It is way more intricate than the previous Court of the Dead figures that came through TBL.  All of which is off topic here, sorry.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Valiarde wrote:I'm very much a Court of the Dead asthetics fan. Thanks for reminding me on this one Moonbase alpha man. But I saw a unboxing vid of this joker figure and was very underwhelmed...for such a price.

I am loving mine in hand because of all the grim details, and clearly there is imagination put into it.  Be warned though, it's really short -- about 10" tall.  If I hadn't been warned about that beforehand I would have found that disappointing, but I guess it's part of the concept -- while the upcoming Demithyle is the other way, 16", but with a price to match.  I generally find Sideshow figures overpriced (even compared to HT, which is saying something) but in this case you can see a little bit where the added money is going with all the detail.  It is way more intricate than the previous Court of the Dead figures that came through TBL.  All of which is off topic here, sorry.

Yeh, I preordered the Demithyle Smile Still not sure about Malavestros, but glad you like it in hand. I like the concept of him too. Even the different heighs are nice for displaying. I just thought he had too much plastic/resin and would benefit from more real cloth? But dunno, was just first impression, maybe I need to rewatch the video Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful in the gory sort of way. I'm not into horror, and I've already closed the door on what I consider Marvel canon for my extremely limited purposes, so I will easily resist this temptation, even if I agree with Mark that this could be used for a different character in a custom fantasy setting. ScAvengers? Brilliant, Valiarde! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum