OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:01 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
My Worldbox Body from OSK arrived yesterday. This is my first World Box body ever, so I can't say anything about their other models.

This body feels super durable and a bit heavy, which I like. Much better than all the cheap standard bodies around.
I bought it because of the seamless wrists - this body comes with six interchangeable arms. I have to say, I'm impressed! They do look awesome imo cheers  

I took a rapid series of pics to show you the body (mainly with clothes on). Yes the neck is a bit long, it was the main problem with this body, finding a fitting neck and head...even when it comes with a neck and some pegs..

The change of the arms is super easy - and while the rubber hands my not be quiet as flexible as normal hand pegs, they do have the advantage of carrying larger weapons without the hands falling off! Smile

Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms VDIBfVoh

Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms FKA95b4h

Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms WADFulwh

Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms 5Qi1WQ4h

Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms ZJZYSIRh

Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Lns8nV1h

Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms JxBgC8Rh

Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms 4wLWVleh

Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms 7oheCUBh

Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms F7ydP8Xh

Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms RHClHcPh

Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms LqD4w5Xh

Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms PQG6vsCh

Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms NeY1m23h

2Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Re: Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:17 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for the review. I have this body with an extra set of the arms, but I haven’t quite figured out what to do with it. It is really cool, though. Like your pics.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms C8485110

3Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Re: Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:35 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks for the review. I have this body with an extra set of the arms, but I haven’t quite figured out what to do with it. It is really cool, though. Like your pics.

Like I mentioned above, if you have a figure carrying a heavy diecast shield or weapon, it might reduce the annoyance of dropping hands..haven't tested it though.

Other ideas:

Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMZEWa-cjRCIlTLMTLkCmN9A8XFGSUXyVYLln9yvQn5Iq4e7_UaMXnwa6Q3jVureJ80Og&usqp=CAU
This version of the series witcher would be perfect to use the forearms on.

I'm also pictuing a battle tactician having maps and books on a table, leaning over a table like this set, with the sleeves rolled up:

Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms DID-B11012-9

Just some random thoughts. You will find a good use for it  Smile

4Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Re: Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:45 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the review, Simon. Looks very neat. And fun variation on a strip-tease. Wink Good ideas about where to go with this. You mention the seamless wrists are not as flexible as the open-jointed ones, which is only natural, but are they flexible or poseable at all?

5Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Re: Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:01 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for this review, Valiarde. I was very curious about these. Seems they really do come in 'handy'. ;D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

6Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Re: Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:44 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks for the review, Simon. Looks very neat. And fun variation on a strip-tease. Wink Good ideas about where to go with this. You mention the seamless wrists are not as flexible as the open-jointed ones, which is only natural, but are they flexible or poseable at all?
They aren't poseable but pretty flexible  Razz  It is like medium stiff rubber that immedeately goes back into starting position once you bend it. But it is not as soft as some of the normal hands from figures I got. So you can bend the wrists and fingers quiet well but they wont hold position. 
I'm still a fan of these forearms - for special purposes they can
skywalkersaga wrote:come in 'handy'. ;D
Smile

skywalkersaga wrote: Thanks for this review, Valiarde. I was very curious about these.
My pleasure. Smile

Here are some daylight pics:

Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Fcb5bf10

Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Da8ff310

On another message bord some people mentioned the noticable "red line" on the wrists. I know some forearms can have that effect in real life, but maybe the coloring here is a bit extreme. It is no problem for me, but some might find it distracting.

7Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Re: Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:49 am

Ovy

Ovy
Beautiful set, hands and wrists and bare hands are quite neglected in that hobby.You think the spare arms can be used with other bodies?

8Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Re: Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:34 am

Kayla

Kayla
Thank you for introducing these hands with arms. I am also very interested in these, because I would really like to have everything seamless on the bodies.

Otherwise, I often retouch the wrists and ankles with Photoshop because the non-seamless area bothers me.

9Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Re: Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:45 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Wow ! Love it. Very nice to see. The complete body looks great. I like the slim bodys, not the unrealistic muscular ones. Jürgen looks like fantastic as a medivial knight. I just see " The last Duel " these days. Very inspiring. Thanks

10Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Re: Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:33 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the additional information and images! The veins in some cases look a bit overly pumped, but generally they add a nice bit of more detail. It's a worthwhile experiment. I might have to look into it, although in principle I remain wedded to normal wrists.

11Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Re: Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:01 am

Chip

Am I missing something or are none of those hands designed to hold a rifle or pistol ? I don`t see a trigger finger pose . Probably just me . Rolling Eyes

12Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Re: Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:13 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Chip wrote:Am I missing something or are none of those hands designed to hold a rifle or pistol ? I don`t see a trigger finger pose . Probably just me . Rolling Eyes
Since Valiarde explained that the material is flexible, the grip hands could probably work, with the index finger pushed out to a position appropriate for the trigger by the shape of the gun. But I should let him confirm it.

13Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Re: Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:08 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
GubernatorFan wrote:
Chip wrote:Am I missing something or are none of those hands designed to hold a rifle or pistol ? I don`t see a trigger finger pose . Probably just me . Rolling Eyes
Since Valiarde explained that the material is flexible, the grip hands could probably work, with the index finger pushed out to a position appropriate for the trigger by the shape of the gun. But I should let him confirm it.

Yeh my "review" wasn't very extensively Mad Smile
But I'm happy to answer questions.

Like Ian said, the fingers are flexible and you can use the sowrd hands for rifles by bending the finger:

Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms AiiUBcrh

Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Cq5oG33h

As for the other question of putting the arms on normal bodies, I will answer that one later. Surprised

14Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Re: Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:18 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
The fine detail on the hands is really great. Thanks for sharing, Valiarde!

15Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Re: Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:44 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for confirming, Simon. Your review was perfectly fine. There is always more stuff one could ask about.

16Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Re: Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:37 am

Chip

Thanks for clearing that up , I rather like the concept .

17Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Re: Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:47 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Whats the best way to get the arms off? do you heat them up?

18Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Re: Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:39 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:Whats the best way to get the arms off? do you heat them up?
With World Box, usually, yes.

19Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Re: Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:41 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:

Cheers Ian! I have just picked one up to upgrade my Teegan fig.

20Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Re: Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:49 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:

You're welcome, Dal. I do have one of them but have little experience of playing with it. But even removing the feet off the pegs, and sometimes the hands, heat has always been helpful with World Box bodies. They usually even include a little sheet suggesting using a blow dryer.

21Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Re: Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:54 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:
BAMComix wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:

You're welcome, Dal. I do have one of them but have little experience of playing with it. But even removing the feet off the pegs, and sometimes the hands, heat has always been helpful with World Box bodies. They usually even include a little sheet suggesting using a blow dryer.

Thanks again Ian! I have little experience with quality jointed bodies, so it's a learning experience all over again bounce . So really grateful for any advice Very Happy

22Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Re: Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:54 pm

Zes

Zes
It's a bit difficult, but you can take the forearms off without a hair dryer. I did that for one of my recent builds. A hair dryer will make it much easier, though.

23Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Re: Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:00 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Zes wrote:It's a bit difficult, but you can take the forearms off without a hair dryer. I did that for one of my recent builds. A hair dryer will make it much easier, though.

Thanks everyone, I heated them up and hey came off easily enough Very Happy .

24Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Empty Re: Worldbox AT020S Body + Forearms Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:25 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:
Thanks everyone, I heated them up and hey came off easily enough Very Happy .
Glad it worked out!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum