OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
TD2026 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior

Pegasus is not included (separate purchase)

Features:

Head sculpt*1

Body*1

Battle suit*1 set

Hands*2 pairs

Breast armors*1

Armguard*2 pcs

Boots*1 pair

Sword*1 pc (Metal)

cape(cloth)x 1pc

Stand*1 set

Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 22081810
Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 22082010
Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 22082210
Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 22082710
Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 22083310
Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 22083810
Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 22084210
Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 22084410
Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 22084610
Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 22084810
Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 22085010
Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 22085310
Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 22085510
Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 22085710
Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 22085810
Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 22090010
Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 22090210
Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 22090310

TD2026B 1/6 Scale Pegasus

High-quality polystone pegasus*1

- Wings (real feathers. Detachable and slightly changeable)

Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 22090510
Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 22090610

#newproduct #ThunderToys #NorseMythologyWarrior #Pegasus #female #comicbook #movie-based #Horse #animal #accessory

gooboo

she looks a little stoned

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The mouth-breather look is a bit… yeah… But overall, this is pretty cool. If HT is never going to get off their ass and release the one they showed off several years ago, at least there are these bootleg companies to fill in the gaps. Not sure I’ll get her, but I do like the Pegasus.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus C8485110

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Not sure the likeness is there but it’s a great figure regardless! I’ve got a WIP figure using the head from a cheap Valkyrie figure and I think while obviously just plain plastic, it looks more like Tessa than this one does. 😬

The Pegasus is…ok? There’s definitely some issues anatomically, but overall it’s not bad, though the wings are awful and literally look like they’ve just been stuffed into holes in the sides rather than actually being part of the animal. On that note, I wish they’d show decent pictures from the side rather than 3/4 views as it’s difficult to judge the sculpt otherwise. (Which, I suspect is half the reason for it!) I can’t help but laugh at the attempts by the photographer to make a clearly *standing* horse appear to fly dramatically. 😂😂😂

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
I think the head is quite good, even if it's not spot on. Thunder Toys recent "Hell ranger"-figure was also pretty close to the promo pictures, so I'm expecting this could be a solid release.

csyeung

csyeung
Saw a post on Giantoy that another manufacturer may be dropping a Valk in the next few days. Just an fyi.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Lynkhart wrote:
The Pegasus is…ok? There’s definitely some issues anatomically, but overall it’s not bad, though the wings are awful and literally look like they’ve just been stuffed into holes in the sides rather than actually being part of the animal. On that note, I wish they’d show decent pictures from the side rather than 3/4 views as it’s difficult to judge the sculpt otherwise. (Which, I suspect is half the reason for it!) I can’t help but laugh at the attempts by the photographer to make a clearly *standing* horse appear to fly dramatically. 😂😂😂

You beat me to it. The 'flying' photos had me in stitches. Laughing Laughing Laughing

(I'm also undecided on the horse.....will have to see an actual side view to judge for sure.)

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Updated with larger pics.

Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus C8485110

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
looks pretty good, but gotta wonder about the scale of the pegasus. also yeah, that head is ok. given HT doing HT things...well ya know.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stoned? Maybe. But the likeness is actually pretty good, I think, and it is a very nice head sculpt, not to mention something different. I like the figure. Even, at first sight, Pegasus looks most impressive. But I guess it does not really hold up to scrutiny very well. They should rename the product "Marvel Mythology," however, as this is almost certainly not how the ancient Scandinavians imagined their Valkyries.

Diana

Diana
I love this. The head is gorgeous and I really like that it's different in ethnicity AND expression. I'll have to think about this one... ^^

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Your Mileage, etc, but for me this will be worth it for the head alone. Likeness and expression aren't that big a deal for me, it's just very good to have a non-specific (as in no radical hairstyling or facial markings) ethnically-diverse adult female h/s on the market.

Of course (banging the same old tune on my regular drum) I'm not that sure I'd be cheerleading for this so much if women of colour were better represented in this hobby, but this is a good start and so I'm more than willing to back it with cash.

Valiarde

Valiarde
GeeWillikers wrote:Your Mileage, etc, but for me this will be worth it for the head alone. Likeness and expression aren't that big a deal for me, it's just very good to have a non-specific (as in no radical hairstyling or facial markings) ethnically-diverse adult female h/s on the market.

Thought the same. It helps that I don't even know the char or the actress. So it is a good neutral HS

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Here are some quick "in hand"-pictures I took...

Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 52883468325_f74ff01ad5_kThunder Toys Valkyrie -- inhand pictures by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 52883254804_c31273d8ac_kThunder Toys Valkyrie -- inhand pictures by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 52883255794_5f39aadf44_kCJ3A8365 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 52883256139_c2bfef4d13_kThunder Toys Valkyrie -- inhand pictures by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

The head sculpt is on the smaller side. Note that the head adapter is glued in in a relatively low position. To mount the head on other bodies, one needs to remove the adapter and "dremel" a deeper hole.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks, Ralf. She is looking very good.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The head seems to have turned out quite well.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Doesn’t look bad. Nice acquisition.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Female - NEW PRODUCT: Thunder Toys: (TD2026) 1/6 Scale Norse mythology Warrior & (TD2026B) 1/6 Scale Pegasus 1f10

shazzdan

shazzdan
Good likeness but Love and Thunder destroyed my affection for this franchise.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:Good likeness but Love and Thunder destroyed my affection for this franchise.
And no one can blame you. I still haven't brought myself to see it.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
shazzdan wrote:Good likeness but Love and Thunder destroyed my affection for this franchise.

Agreed. I absolutely adored Ragnarok and I love Taika Waititi’s work in general, but Love and Thunder was a hot mess from start to finish. I haven’t been so bitterly disappointed in a film since Rise of Skywalker. (where I genuinely just sat in disbelieving angry silence as the credits rolled)

One random thing that struck me about the figure is the armour design - nothing negative, but it just made me realise how improbably similar the styles are for pretty much all the armour and outfits in the MCU. Like, obviously anything from the avengers will look similar because half of it’s all Stark tech, but Valkyrie isn’t from earth and presumably her gear predates half of modern civilisation, yet it has that same futuristic layered patch thing going on as Cap has for example. Obviously I know it’s just because the costume designers overlap but it bugs me a bit they couldn’t have made them all look more unique.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Lynkhart wrote:One random thing that struck me about the figure is the armour design - nothing negative, but it just made me realise how improbably similar the styles are for pretty much all the armour and outfits in the MCU. Like, obviously anything from the avengers will look similar because half of it’s all Stark tech, but Valkyrie isn’t from earth and presumably her gear predates half of modern civilisation, yet it has that same futuristic layered patch thing going on as Cap has for example. Obviously I know it’s just because the costume designers overlap but it bugs me a bit they couldn’t have made them all look more unique.

Excellent point. I suppose it speaks to identical designer origins and provides a degree of stylistic continuity for the films, but when you think about it, you are right, it makes no sense. Now there is a little bit of continuity with Asgardian designs (for Thor, Loki, Odin), but even with those there was apparently inexplicable continuity with earth-based designs within the MCU.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I don’t want to say it’s lazy because the costume design in the MCU is phenomenal overall, but from a worldbuilding point of view it definitely feels lacking in imagination. Like, you have this whole universe of different species and civilisations to explore visually, and yet you stick to the same kind of figure hugging reinforced spandex for everything. That’s one thing I love about the Star Wars universe, each new world/race feels completely unique!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Lynkhart wrote:Like, you have this whole universe of different species and civilisations to explore visually, and yet you stick to the same kind of figure hugging reinforced spandex for everything.

And disks, don't forget disks everywhere -- metal, lit, unlit, but disks. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum