OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater Naked Snake VGM15

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Prawncrackhead

Hello!

I'm new to this forum and came seeking knowledge from you experts. I have and love the figure in the title, and it's associated franchise. Since owning it I've displayed it for maybe 2 months then it was put back into storage for a house renovation. It literally moved across the room before being boxed. I've got it back out years later to find the push fit bandana knot is missing from the back of Snakes head. I've hunted high and low and can't find it so I reckon it is either under the floor boards or vacuumed up. I did notice I'd lost Medicom Old Snakes combat knife while putting them away which I found down beneath the floor boards. I'm not gonna lift the carpets as they were pretty expensive and it may not be there. So I'm wondering if anybody has one for sale or knows how I can get hold of a painted version. Back when I didn't need one eBay used to be full of spares for this figure, now I can only find an unpainted version. If this is the route I have to go, I guess the next question is what paint do I use to get to the original? What is the process primer/lacquer etc. How to I colour match it.

All help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Mark

Prawncrackhead

Oh and here is the link to the part I need. Don't need the head but realise one may not come without the other!

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/6-hot-toys-metal-gear-solid-snake-1910866997

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hi and welcome again. If the part is plastic and you need to paint it, you can use Vallejo acrylics. They also make a primer (in various colors, like grey and black) that might make the acrylic paint adhere even more. If it is flexible, Vallejo also makes a fabric medium that you can mix in with the paint, that might be helpful.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I would suggest actually getting a scrap piece of black fabric and tie the knot; then put a bit of glue on the back of the knot and cut the knot and loose strands off and glue it to the back of the head. At least that way you’ll have a more flexible piece for posing the figure.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater Naked Snake VGM15  C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I would suggest actually getting a scrap piece of black fabric and tie the knot; then put a bit of glue on the back of the knot and cut the knot and loose strands off and glue it to the back of the head. At least that way you’ll have a more flexible piece for posing the figure.
I would agree, but it sounded like he wanted to make his set complete again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum