OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™
DARTH VADER™
STANDARD VERSION
1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

“Anakin is gone. I am what remains.” – Darth Vader

After being restored by his Darth Sidious™ following his brutal defeat by Obi-Wan Kenobi™ on the fiery lava-world Mustafar™, Darth Vader is fully consumed by the dark side of the Force, leading the Empire’s eradication of the Jedi Order and hunting down his former master…

Today Hot Toys is delighted to present the next collectible of the Obi-Wan Kenobi live-action series with the new 1/6th scale Darth Vader collectible figure!

The collectible figure is meticulously crafted with a battle damaged helmet revealing the scarred head sculpt of the former Anakin Skywalker™ equipped with rolling eyeball function allowing positionable eyeline, battle damaged chest control panel, LED light-up belt boxes, LED light-up Lightsaber, an interchangeable lightsaber blade emulating the weapon in motion, a pair of Third Sister’s lightsabers, and a rocky diorama base!

A Special Edition available in selected markets will offer a Grand Inquisitor hologram miniature and holoprojector as bonus items exclusively for collectors.

Search your feelings and welcome the new Lord Vader collectible figure in your display!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEDX27 - DX27B
PRODUCT NAMEDARTH VADER™
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 35 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESA BATTLE DAMAGED HELMET TO REVEAL PART OF HEAD SCULPT WITH SERVED FOREHEAD, ROCKY DIORAMA FIGURE STAND
PRODUCT RELEASE DATEAPPROXIMATELY Q4, 2023 – Q1, 2024
ARTISTS
The 1/6th scale Darth Vader Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Darth Vader in Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi series
- A battle damaged helmet to reveal part of head sculpt with served forehead, equipped with rolling eyeball function
- Highly-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles and skin texture
- Approximately 35 cm tall
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of hands for holding lightsaber
- One (1) pair of hands for holding belt boxes
- One (1) force using right hand
- One (1) left fist
- Three (3) gesture hands
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) finely tailored Darth Vader armor and suit
- One (1) black cloak
- One (1) battle damaged chest control panel
- One (1) LED-lighted system function belt (power operated)
- One (1) pair of black boots

Weapons:
- One (1) LED-lighted red lightsaber (power operated)
- One (1) red-colored lightsaber blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)
- One (1) Darth Vader’s lightsaber hilt
- One (1) pair of Third Sister’s lightsabers

Accessory:
- Specially designed rocky diorama figure stand

Exclusive Bonus Accessories for Special Edition:
- One (1) Grand Inquisitor hologram miniature
- One (1) holoprojector

Release date: Approximately Q4, 2023 – Q1, 2024

*Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
**Light up function operated using USB power
***USB connecting cable is not included for collectible, USB-C cable is required
****Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2022 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) Pd165810
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) Pd165812
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) Pd165811
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) Pd165813
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) Pd165814
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) Pd165815
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) Pd165816
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) Pd165818
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) Pd165817
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) Pd165820
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) Pd165819
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) Pd165821
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) Pd165823
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) Pd165822
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) Pd165824
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) Pd165825
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) Pd165826

STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™
DARTH VADER™
DELUXE VERSION
1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

“You didn’t kill Anakin Skywalker... I did.” – Darth Vader

Following a brutal battle with Obi-Wan Kenobi™ on Mustafar™ that nearly killed him, Darth Vader is restored under the watchful eye of his new master, Darth Sidious™. Vader becomes fully consumed by the dark side of the Force and is on the hunt for Obi-Wan…

Following the launch of the 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi collectible figure, Hot Toys is excited to officially introduce a Deluxe Version of the 1/6th scale Darth Vader collectible figure from the live-action series!

The collectible figure is meticulously crafted with a battle damaged helmet revealing the scarred
head sculpt of the former Anakin Skywalker™ equipped with rolling eyeball function allowing positionable eyeline, battle damaged chest control panel, LED light-up belt boxes, LED light-up Lightsaber, an interchangeable lightsaber blade emulating the weapon in motion, a pair of Third Sister’s lightsabers, and a rocky diorama base!

In addition, this Deluxe Version includes an interchangeable Darth Vader helmet head, chest control panel, and an additional LED light-up figure base!

A Special Edition available in selected markets will offer a Grand Inquisitor hologram miniature and holoprojector as bonus items exclusively for collectors.

This new Darth Vader collectible figure is simply extraordinary and perfect for all Star Wars collectors!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEDX28 - DX28B
PRODUCT NAMEDARTH VADER™
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 35 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESINTERCHANGEABLE DARTH VADER HELMET, DISPLAY BOARD, A SPACE STATION THEME LED-LIGHTED DIORAMA FIGURE BASE
PRODUCT RELEASE DATEAPPROXIMATELY Q4, 2023 – Q1, 2024
ARTISTS
The 1/6th scale Darth Vader Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Darth Vader in Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi series
- One (1) interchangeable Darth Vader helmet head***
- One (1) battle damaged helmet to reveal part of head sculpt with served forehead, equipped with rolling eyeball function
- Highly-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles and skin texture
- Approximately 35 cm tall
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of hands for holding lightsaber
- One (1) pair of hands for holding belt boxes
- One (1) force using right hand
- One (1) left fist
- Three (3) gesture hands
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) finely tailored Darth Vader armor and suit
- One (1) black cloak
- One (1) LED-lighted chest panel (power operated) with battle damaged display board
- One (1) interchangeable display board***
- One (1) LED-lighted system function belt (power operated)
- One (1) pair of black boots

Weapons:
- One (1) LED-lighted red lightsaber (power operated)
- One (1) red-colored lightsaber blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)
- One (1) Darth Vader’s lightsaber hilt
- One (1) pair of Third Sister’s lightsabers

Accessories:
- A space station theme LED-lighted diorama figure base (power operated) ***
- Specially designed rocky diorama figure stand

***Exclusive to Deluxe Version

Exclusive Bonus Accessories for Special Edition:
- One (1) Grand Inquisitor hologram miniature
- One (1) holoprojector

Release date: Approximately Q4, 2023 – Q1, 2024

*Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
**Light up function operated using USB power
***USB connecting cable is not included for collectible, USB-C cable is required
****Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2022 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 11798
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 21057
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 3761
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 4689
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 5642
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 6599
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 7575
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 8545
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 9527
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 13433
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 14404
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 15378
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 16350
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 17319
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 18289
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 19253
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 20210
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 21232
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 22203
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 23177
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 24155
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 25140

#newproduct #HotToys #StarWars #Obi-WanKenobi #DarthVader #male #Sci-Fi #Disney+

Valiarde

Valiarde
That hayden face looks really menacing. I like it even more than the old vader face (oh oh Smile )

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:I like it even more than the old vader face (oh oh Smile )

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 8atv

He who dies with the most toys wins!

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
You can say what you want about that show, but this dude looks quite beautiful in his own special way. And he has more accessories than could be expected from a character leading the minimalist lifestyle of Darth Vader.

I wonder if we should tell skywalkersaga though.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Stryker2011 wrote:
Valiarde wrote:I like it even more than the old vader face (oh oh Smile )

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 8atv

Razz  Sorry couldn't resist. Smile

But real talk: When I saw Vaders unmasked face for the first time ever I WAS kinda disappointed. He didn't look very "cool" or menacing" at all. Just a old sad man. Which kinda ruined the mysterious mask and evil person (which was the intent i guess). But still...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It does look pretty cool — though implausible. Someone over at the Freaks pointed it out: how in the hell did Obi manage to slice through his helmet like that — all the way down to his face — and yet not add any additional damage to his face. You gotta love “plot armor”.

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) C8485110

Diana

Diana
I don't need a Darth Vader in my collection, but I really like this release, especially the dx version.

I was also disappointed the first time I saw the big reveal in Ep VI. But that's okay now, because it fits the narrative.
I like this look, especially with the movable eyeball of course.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm with Mark on this one, although I felt like Diana when I first saw it (Jedi). I haven't seen this show now, but I can't help but imagine they did something silly with the plotline, from the point of view of the original movie. At any rate, the product does look very cool, but if I were getting it, I think the Deluxe makes sense, since it also gives us a nice depiction of a fully intact Vader. Of course, I can't justify getting another one...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Question for anyone who has the Hot Toys Rogue One Darth Vader -- is it just me, or does this one seem like more or less the same figure, just with the various 'extras' (and light up features)? I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out which version to potentially use as a base for a custom Vader. I have zero interest in Disney+ shows, so I was trying my best to avoid this one, but I have to admit I do rather like the light up features. ;p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
From what I’ve read (and there is A LOT) over at the Freaks, the closest and best of the Vaders to the original Vader (ANH) is Rogue One if that helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 1f10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2012 wrote:From what I’ve read (and there is A LOT) over at the Freaks, the closest and best of the Vaders to the original Vader (ANH) is Rogue One if that helps.

Thank you, Stryker! The Rogue One Vader is actually my current fave, so that's good to know. It's just given me a conundrum though because I originally bought that one with the intent of using it as a customisation base, but then I got really attached to it and not sure I want to mess it up. But also not sure I want to shell out for yet another Disney inspired figure just to mess that one up, either, lol. So I'll have to really think on it...

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:It does look pretty cool — though implausible. Someone over at the Freaks pointed it out: how in the hell did Obi manage to slice through his helmet like that — all the way down to his face — and yet not add any additional damage to his face. You gotta love “plot armor”.

Might not necessarily be plot armor but more easily, something sci-fi specific. Plot armor is typically random luck, like all the gangsters shooting Batman but he doesn't get hit because the plot needs him to survive. Haven't seen the scene in question, but this could be more some Jedi/Sith thing where the telekinetic powers stop anything actually hitting his skin even if it penetrates the helmet. Powers and capacities esp in Star Wars are always kept pretty vague and undefined and Vader certainly is powerful enough that he's got something other than pure luck protecting his skin. Makes for an interesting looking figure for sure.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
this is really, really nice. They captured him perfectly from the awesome scenes in that show (probably the best part of the show). Might be tempted

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I’ve seen unboxing videos of this one and think it turned out well for what it is (aka, a non-saga Disney-based figure), but still curious if anyone here picked him up? I had to cancel my PO with Sideshow and undecided if want to see if I can find him elsewhere…

ETA: To clarify, I’d only want this for kitbashing purposes, so my main question is whether some of the parts are interchangeable with other previous HT Vader pieces. (I want the body with light up features, but want to change out the helmet for a previous HT Vader helmet I already customised.)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I’ve seen unboxing videos of this one and think it turned out well for what it is (aka, a non-saga Disney-based figure), but still curious if anyone here picked him up? I had to cancel my PO with Sideshow and undecided if want to see if I can find him elsewhere…

ETA: To clarify, I’d only want this for kitbashing purposes, so my main question is whether some of the parts are interchangeable with other previous HT Vader pieces. (I want the body with light up features, but want to change out the helmet for a previous HT Vader helmet I already customised.)

I can't remember where, but I think one of those video reviews showed that it is interchangeable.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, GF! I had to skim through some of the videos with the sound off to avoid spoilers for the Disney show, so I might have missed that part. Razz

Zes

Zes
I was planning to pick him up but the pleather suit scares me. I'm waiting until someone offers a custom 1/6-scale leather suit to be used with this figure. IIRC, this body is slightly different than previous Hot Toys Vader bodies.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Pleather is indeed frustrating. Though my Rogue One Vader suit is still ok last I checked, fingers crossed.

It would be better to have something more durable, but that goes for all of HT products. :/

And yeah, this Vader seems noticeably taller. Don’t mind that, I’m more concerned about helmet compatibility.

Darth_Hogge

Darth_Hogge
I‘m still waiting for my DX preorder.
I like this new look, but I prefer the EIV.

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) Banner_andreas_haak11

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
In case any fellow kitbashers are interested, I am willing to part with the following items (from the Deluxe Version set):

- Battle-damaged helmet w/ the rolling eyeball

- Extra lightsabers (+ any and all other accessories relating to Disney OCs)

- Battle damaged chestbox

- Art box

PM for more info. Will gladly offer free shipping for anyone in the UK. I always like to give fellow 1/6 customisers a chance first before listing on ebay.

Zes

Zes
That's very nice of you. The battle-damaged helmet and chestbox are arguably the most sought-after pieces in this set.

I'm kinda curious why you're getting rid of them. My Standard Edition OWK DV arrived a few days ago, and I'm eager to get him unboxed this weekend.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
How do the lightsabers work? Is it USB?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 1f10

Zes

Zes
Stryker2012 wrote:How do the lightsabers work? Is it USB?
Yep. It comes with one regular Vader hilt and one USB-powered. Reva's lightsabers are regular ones.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Zes wrote:That's very nice of you. The battle-damaged helmet and chestbox are arguably the most sought-after pieces in this set.

I'm kinda curious why you're getting rid of them. My Standard Edition OWK DV arrived a few days ago, and I'm eager to get him unboxed this weekend.

Yes, I realise that it's kind of a 'wtf, why would you get rid of those?' from most other collectors' perspectives.  StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 1f605

However, despite being a big fan of Hayden as Anakin, I'm very anti-Disney SW when it comes to their version of the 'storyline', and I'm just... not on board with the concept of the OWK tv series. I dislike how overtly retconned it is (no, Obi-Wan and Vader don't have interactions between RotS and ANH, I'm sorry that's just a big fat NOPE for me). There are rectons that I can live with, but that is not something I'd ever accept as canon and therefore don't want anything from the show in my collection. Also, as a lifelong fan of the Lucas saga, I have very little interest in non-Lucas depictions of Vader stomping around being villainous during the Dark Times. My interest in the character begins and ends specifically in 'the barest flicker of persistent light' that remains in him at all times, even when he is seemingly totally on the Dark Side.

What? A Vader fan who thinks media that dwells on his villain era is boring? Yes, we exist. Laughing You see, when I was a child, my very first introduction to Star Wars was when I walked in on my dad watching the end of RotJ, the moment when Luke removes Vader's mask. That was the first scene from SW I ever watched, and it is forever ingrained in my psyche. I was immediately drawn to the pitiful, maimed creature beneath that mask. 'Vader' has therefore NEVER been some 'scary evil villain' to me.... he's always been ANAKIN.  StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 1f49c

The focus of my SW collection is Anakin Skywalker and only includes 'Darth Vader' insofar as when he is showing glimpses of his True Self, not... well, the opposite of that. Razz

Sure, the Hayden sculpt on the battle-damaged helmet looks great and I'm happy for Hayden's sake he got to reprise the role, but I don't consider this version of Vader canon at all. *MY* unmasked Vader is a pathetic, sad, pitiful creature.  StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 1f605

tl;dr I'm not a fan of the OWK series and I plan to use this Vader body and LED accessories to make my own preferred version of a 'broken Vader helmet' that depicts him in a way that feels more in-character to me.  Smile

Zes

Zes
skywalkersaga wrote:Yes, I realise that it's kind of a 'wtf, why would you get rid of those?' from most other collectors' perspectives.  StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 1f605

However, despite being a big fan of Hayden as Anakin, I'm very anti-Disney SW when it comes to their version of the 'storyline', and I'm just... not on board with the concept of the OWK tv series. I dislike how overtly retconned it is (no, Obi-Wan and Vader don't have interactions between RotS and ANH, I'm sorry that's just a big fat NOPE for me). There are rectons that I can live with, but that is not something I'd ever accept as canon and therefore don't want anything from the show in my collection. Also, as a lifelong fan of the Lucas saga, I have very little interest in non-Lucas depictions of Vader stomping around being villainous during the Dark Times. My interest in the character begins and ends specifically in 'the barest flicker of persistent light' that remains in him at all times, even when he is seemingly totally on the Dark Side.

What? A Vader fan who thinks media that dwells on his villain era is boring? Yes, we exist. Laughing You see, when I was a child, my very first introduction to Star Wars was when I walked in on my dad watching the end of RotJ, the moment when Luke removes Vader's mask. That was the first scene from SW I ever watched, and it is forever ingrained in my psyche. I was immediately drawn to the pitiful, maimed creature beneath that mask. 'Vader' has therefore NEVER been some 'scary evil villain' to me.... he's always been ANAKIN.  StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 1f49c

The focus of my SW collection is Anakin Skywalker and only includes 'Darth Vader' insofar as when he is showing glimpses of his True Self, not... well, the opposite of that. Razz

Sure, the Hayden sculpt on the battle-damaged helmet looks great and I'm happy for Hayden's sake he got to reprise the role, but I don't consider this version of Vader canon at all. *MY* unmasked Vader is a pathetic, sad, pitiful creature.  StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 1f605

tl;dr I'm not a fan of the OWK series and I plan to use this Vader body and LED accessories to make my own preferred version of a 'broken Vader helmet' that depicts him in a way that feels more in-character to me.  Smile

Yeah, I can relate to both the anti-Disney sentiment and the dislike for the OWK series. I only picked up this Vader because I wanted a Hayden Vader and Hot Toys never bothered to release Ep. III Vader (my favorite Vader suit).

Disney tried to cash in on Ewan and Hayden returning to the series but hired such garbage writers that the series left a bad taste in the majority of Star Wars fan's mouths. But that's par for the course for Disney Star Wars. They ruin everything they touch when it comes to SW, for example, Boba Fett. Imagine Disney Boba Fett acting like this:

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI™ DARTH VADER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 0c8582a9c46a11f3cd5e2fed4562ce0c

Though I do like Vader's villain portrayal. It shows how he became so feared by the events of the original trilogy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum