OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER: MIGHTY THOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
“I’ll fight it my way.” – Might Thor

When the mystic hammer Mjolnir calls to Dr. Jane Foster, she finds that she can’t resist the pull of destiny. Making her official debut in MCU as Mighty Thor, Jane’s life is forever changed when she mysteriously comes to possess the reforged Mjolnir. Today, Hot Toys is thrilled to introduce Mighty Thor as our next 1/6th scale collectible figure inspired by Marvel Studios’ Thor: Love and Thunder.

The highly-detailed collectible figure is beautifully crafted based on the appearance of Natalie Portman’s as Mighty Thor in the movie, features a helmeted head sculpt, a newly developed head sculpt with blonde wavy hair sculpture, a newly designed body with seamless arms, finely tailored body armor in metallic silver and red with a red fabric cape, sculpted accessories include a damaged Mjolnir with LED light-up function, a Mjolnir handle with lightning effect, and a figure stand.

A Special Edition available in selected markets will include an interchangeable helmet beautifully applied with battle damage effects as bonus item exclusively for collectors.

This Mighty Thor collectible figure will be an incredible addition to your heroic display!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS663 - MMS663B
PRODUCT NAMEMIGHTY THOR
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 29 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESNEWLY DEVELOPED MIGHTY THOR HEAD SCULPT, INTERCHANGEABLE HELMETED HEAD SCULPT, FINELY TAILORED BODY ARMOR
PRODUCT RELEASE DATEAPPROXIMATELY Q4, 2023 – Q1, 2024
ARTISTS
The 1/6th scale Mighty Thor Collectible Figure specially features:

- Authentic and detailed likeness of Natalie Portman as Mighty Thor in Thor: Love and Thunder
- One (1) interchangeable helmeted head sculpt
- One (1) newly developed Mighty Thor head sculpt
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed skin texture and make-up
- Blonde long wavy hair sculpture
- Approximately 29 cm tall
- Newly developed specialized body with over 30 points of articulations
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relax hands
- One (1) pair for holding weapons
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) red-colored cape
- One (1) piece of metallic silver, red and black colored body armor with skirt
- One (1) pair of metallic silver, red and black forearm armor
- One (1) silver and red armlet
- One (1) pair of black pants with patterned design on sides
- One (1) pair of metallic silver and red knee guards
- One (1) pair of metallic silver calf guards
- One (1) pair of black boots

Weapons:
- One (1) battle damaged LED light-up Mjolnir (battery operated)
- One (1) Mjolnir handle with lightning effects

Accessories:
- One (1) Mjolnir gradient blue colored lightning effect accessory
- A themed figure stand with movie logo and character name

Exclusive Bonus Accessory for Special Edition:
- One (1) interchangeable helmet with battle damage effects

Release date: Approximately Q4, 2023 – Q1, 2024

*Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
**Battery included for collectible figure, button cells are required
***Product details can subject to change without further notice

© 2022 Marvel.
© 2022 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Thor - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER: MIGHTY THOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Pd165910
Thor - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER: MIGHTY THOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Pd165912
Thor - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER: MIGHTY THOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Pd165911
Thor - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER: MIGHTY THOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Pd165914
Thor - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER: MIGHTY THOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Pd165913
Thor - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER: MIGHTY THOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Pd165915
Thor - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER: MIGHTY THOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Pd165916
Thor - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER: MIGHTY THOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Pd165917
Thor - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER: MIGHTY THOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Pd165918
Thor - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER: MIGHTY THOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Pd165921
Thor - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER: MIGHTY THOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Pd165919
Thor - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER: MIGHTY THOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Pd165920
Thor - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER: MIGHTY THOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Hot_to45

#newproduct #HotToys #Thor #LoveAndThunder #MightyThor #female #movie #Marvel #MCU #comicbook

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Jesus that hair is killing this for me. Anyone else not see Natalie in either this helmeted version or any of the scenes from the movie with the helmet on? I'm worried about the un-helmeted head sculpt.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Thor - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER: MIGHTY THOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
JEEZ! $305 USD for this? Honestly this looks like a toy and comes with very little. Crappy sculpted hair and a weak looking paint job on the armor. What a joke.

Thor - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER: MIGHTY THOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:JEEZ! $305 USD for this? Honestly this looks like a toy and comes with very little. Crappy sculpted hair and a weak looking paint job on the armor. What a joke.

Totally agree with you -- but really they do themselves no favor promoting this with only that one mini blur to even tell us there's an unmasked sculpt at all.  Honestly if there's a decent headsculpt under there. we'd probably be much more favourably inclined, and maybe cut them a break on other defects and insufficiencies.  It isn't just a matter of that one blurred pic, but really the whole emphasis of the promo set seems off.  There should be a bunch of unmasked angles.  Lacking those, it makes it look like the whole raison d'être of the figure is just the somewhat goofy helmeted character, and no, that's never gonna be worth HT level money to me.  I'll try to be disciplined and look at it fresh once the sculpt comes in, but it's hard to shake a negative first impression.  I get it that the artist likeness approval is late, or something, but (for a 2024 figure anyway) they could have waited.

csyeung

csyeung
I kinda like the figure heh, but I like the character so there is some bias. I agree though, would rather they did rooted, but I'm pretty sure they've phased that out due to other collectors complaining through the years. I did get a rooted natalie portman superduck head recently though hehehe. Hopefully the regular head is killer.

The helmeted and non helmeted appear to be separate heads on this figure. Also would have preferred a 280-290 price point like their other more recent figures.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Well they got her lips right so I think the regular head would turn out good.
Helmet is removable so I hope its a bald (earless?) head under there that one can transplant with hair from GAC Toys or something.

Just my opinion, I don't think the molded hair is because they listen to collectors' complaints but more on the savings (time, labor cost) from molded hair versus a team of hairstylists.
But then Golden Armor WW has rooted hair which is great so go figure.

Or maybe because all HT Thors have molded hair so Thor Jane is no different and they'll look consistent on the shelf.

csyeung

csyeung
I just know I remember seeing a marvel guy mention that they were phasing it out close to around when the ww84 was announced. Maybe mostly the marvel stuff? Since then, only the batgirl and I think the selina kyle reissue have had rooted hair. To be fair, rooted hair really needs to have some attention to it for it to look right so I can see them phasing it out so that they don't have to worry about qc or consistency issues for high production runs.

blackpool

blackpool
I was a bit sceptical about the movie (which ends up being a funny expendable nonsense lol) and I'm even more sceptical about that portman figure...

I totally agree with you Mark, this sculpted hair is absolutely awful, it's quite a disgrace for hot toys to step down to some hasbro/bandai level... While they were the best at producing sophisticated figures with multiple materials and fabrics, plenty of accessories, and a beautiful finishing, they recently changed their game, and that is a big no for me (even more at that price point! I just received my Billy Butcher, he comes with two heads, a full tray of guns and accessories, a baby with two heads including a light up one, the whole thing for 140$...)

If anyone wants, Vcollectibles has shown a custom Portman headsculpt:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CglKYiJrDkG/?hl=fr

csyeung

csyeung
blackpool wrote:

If anyone wants, Vcollectibles has shown a custom Portman headsculpt:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CglKYiJrDkG/?hl=fr

I saw this, looks great! Also looks expensive heh.

Diana

Diana
I like the look of the figure and I think she really looks great in that pic next to Thor, but the sculpted hair kills it for me, too, for the severely limiting factor it has on poses. Despite her spending most of her shelf life in a museum pose anyway. What a Face

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Easy pass for me, but then again I don't like the character or actress that much. Otherwise, except for the awful hair and the still unknown unmasked head sculpt, everything does look beautifully done and detailed.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Is the body new though? I don’t remember seeing a muscular seamless one like this before, but then again I’m not really a seamless fan overall. Definitely agreed on the hair though :/

Diana

Diana
Lynkhart wrote:Is the body new though? I don’t remember seeing a muscular seamless one like this before, but then again I’m not really a seamless fan overall. Definitely agreed on the hair though :/

The Wonder Woman in Training Armor has a seamless body and it's very beautiful. Sadly very stiff and therefore, I've been spoiled by TBL, for me no joy to pose, so she's in the box ready to be sold.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Sculpted vs rooted hair has always been one of the great divides between the super hero action figure collector and the 1/6 enthusiast.   Hot Toys always did an excellent job of walking that line and appealing to both, but maybe this is a conscious decision to court the super hero action figure collector?   Either that, or it’s simply a cost issue.

I’m both a super hero action figure collector and a 1/6 enthusiast, so I tend to be pretty flexible, but in general, sculpted hair on a super hero action figure is my preference.  On the other hand, I’d be very put off by sculpted hair on most other 1/6 figures.   I think part of it is that I’ve collected 1/12 super hero action figures for 20 years, so sculpted hair seems somewhat normal to me.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
To each his own, Xavion, but don't you think in this instance, at least, this might be passable for a 12th scale figure but not a 6th scale one?

csyeung

csyeung
Lynkhart wrote:Is the body new though? I don’t remember seeing a muscular seamless one like this before, but then again I’m not really a seamless fan overall. Definitely agreed on the hair though :/

Looks to be only the arms are seamless and plug into the body like thor or other bodies. Although this one is probably specifically for hot toys regular female body.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:

Looks to be only the arms are seamless and plug into the body like thor or other bodies. Although this one is probably specifically for hot toys regular female body.

That’s my guess as well. Same body, different arms.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
GubernatorFan wrote:To each his own, Xavion, but don't you think in this instance, at least, this might be passable for a 12th scale figure but not a 6th scale one?

Yes, I do.  Absolutely.  I’m just starting to wonder if that’s by design.

Kinda like a “Mezco One:6 Collective” turn.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Xavion2004 wrote:Yes, I do.  Absolutely.  I’m just starting to wonder if that’s by design.

Kinda like a “Mezco One:6 Collective” turn.

Hmmm... now that you mention it... I mean, there are other sixth scale figures that are purposefully stylized... but I would have been surprised if they decided to go with that here.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Upgraded head sculpt revealed:

Thor - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER: MIGHTY THOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 60f27010

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thor - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER: MIGHTY THOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1f10

csyeung

csyeung
I'm liking the new headsculpt! If I remember correctly there should be one unhelmeted version and one where you can switch out the two types of helmets?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is a very fine head sculpt, for sure.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
The best thing about the updated head, is that you have to be able to remove that entire hair piece to get at the rolling eye balls. That way, if someone were so inclined, the hair could be trimmed down and real hair put in its place.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thor - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER: MIGHTY THOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:The best thing about the updated head, is that you have to be able to remove that entire hair piece to get at the rolling eye balls. That way, if someone were so inclined, the hair could be trimmed down and real hair put in its place.
Very true.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum