OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WARRIORS OF FUTURE: JOHNSON 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
A meteorite has crashed down on a barren future Earth ravaged by pollution and global warming, bringing with it a fast-growing alien vine that purifies the planet but kills everything in its path. Armed with the plant’s genetic map, the heavily armored military of an unnamed city tries but fails to destroy it and uncovers a conspiracy.

Prior to the official release of the Warriors of Future, Hot Toys is excited to unveil Commander Johnson as 1/6th scale Johnson collectible figure to prepare fans for the attacks from Pandora!

Finely crafted based on the appearance of Sean Lau as Johnson in the movie, the figure features a newly developed LED light-up helmeted head sculpt with remarkable likeness, a weathered exosuit in dark green and black with decals and mechanical exoskeleton, LED-lighted torch on shoulder, gear holsters on the complicated suit with highly-accurate weapons and accessories including a heavy machine gun, an axe, a dagger, a pistol, grenades, and a rocky themed diorama figure base.

Stand by for position! It’s now the chance to pre-order this Commander figure!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS668
PRODUCT NAMEJOHNSON
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 30 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESA NEWLY DEVELOPED HELMETED HEAD SCULPT WITH LED LIGHT-UP FUNCTION AND REMOVABLE MASK, NEWLY CRAFTED EXOSUIT
PRODUCT RELEASE DATEAPPROXIMATELY Q3 – Q4, 2023
ARTISTS
The 1/6th scale Johnson Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Sean Lau as Johnson in Warriors of Future
- A newly developed helmeted head sculpt with LED light-up function (battery operated) and removable mask
- Movie-accurate facial features with detailed skin texture
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Over 30 points of articulations
- Special features on the Exosuit:
- Dark green and black colored armor with black, white decals and distress effects application
- LED-lighted torch on left shoulder (battery operated)
- Detailed mechanical exoskeleton over shoulders, upper arms, legs and back
- Weapons holsters in front of chest and around legs
- Eight (Cool pieces of interchangeable hands including:
• One (1) pair of fists
• One (1) pair of relax hands
• One (1) pair of hands for holding guns
• One (1) pair of hands for holding accessories
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) newly crafted Exosuit
- One (1) finely tailored black under suit
- One (1) utility belt with pouches and ammo clips

Weapons:
- One (1) heavy machine gun
- One (1) axe
- One (1) dagger
- One (1) pistol

Accessories:
- One (1) smoke grenade
- One (1) stun grenade
- A specially designed rocky themed diorama figure stand

Release date: Approximately Q3 – Q4, 2023

*Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Battery included for collectible figure, button cells are required.
***Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© 2022 One Cool Film Production. All Rights Reserved.
© 2022 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WARRIORS OF FUTURE: JOHNSON 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11806
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WARRIORS OF FUTURE: JOHNSON 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 21061
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WARRIORS OF FUTURE: JOHNSON 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3767
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WARRIORS OF FUTURE: JOHNSON 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4696
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WARRIORS OF FUTURE: JOHNSON 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5646
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WARRIORS OF FUTURE: JOHNSON 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6603
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WARRIORS OF FUTURE: JOHNSON 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7579
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WARRIORS OF FUTURE: JOHNSON 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8550
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WARRIORS OF FUTURE: JOHNSON 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9531
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WARRIORS OF FUTURE: JOHNSON 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10507
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WARRIORS OF FUTURE: JOHNSON 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11807
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WARRIORS OF FUTURE: JOHNSON 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12461
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WARRIORS OF FUTURE: JOHNSON 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13437
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WARRIORS OF FUTURE: JOHNSON 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14408
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WARRIORS OF FUTURE: JOHNSON 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 15382
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WARRIORS OF FUTURE: JOHNSON 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 16354
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WARRIORS OF FUTURE: JOHNSON 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 17323
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WARRIORS OF FUTURE: JOHNSON 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 18293
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WARRIORS OF FUTURE: JOHNSON 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 19257

#newproduct #HotToys #WarriorsofFuture #Johnson #male #movie-based #sci-fi

csyeung

csyeung
I think this is the Sean Lau character, but I think the likeness is off. It could be the mustache. Nicely detailed though and neat design. Both figures are very similar though.

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Wow, that looks amazing and thats right up my alley. Reminds me of those other military figures with Exo-Skeletons I have seen.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very impressive. Reminds me of some of those Wandering Earth characters, but grittier and more militaristic.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Very impressive. Reminds me of some of those Wandering Earth characters, but grittier and more militaristic.

That is precisely where my mind went when I saw these, the same comparison, and the same conclusion that (absent any emotional connection to either movie) I preferred the Wandering Earth figures, being more like Explorers than Commandos. My one surprise is that I expected in that comparison for the Wandering Earth figures to have had a significant price advantage, particularly (1) as they were priced before the Covid Spike and these are priced after, and (2) the general "Hot Toys Premium." Surprisingly, these Hot Toys figures even now seem to be slightly cheaper than the Wandering Earth figures as priced a year ago.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:That is precisely where my mind went when I saw these, the same comparison, and the same conclusion that (absent any emotional connection to either movie) I preferred the Wandering Earth figures, being more like Explorers than Commandos.  My one surprise is that I expected in that comparison for the Wandering Earth figures to have had a significant price advantage, particularly (1) as they were priced before the Covid Spike and these are priced after, and (2) the general "Hot Toys Premium."  Surprisingly, these Hot Toys figures even now seem to be slightly cheaper than the Wandering Earth figures as priced a year ago.

That is surprising indeed. The level of detail here is greater (by design), although there is something to be said for not making things overly ornate (as Mark would point out). I loved the Wandering Earth female head sculpt and the male one that hasn't yet been released (I think -- the broader one).

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:That is surprising indeed. The level of detail here is greater (by design), although there is something to be said for not making things overly ornate (as Mark would point out).  I loved the Wandering Earth female head sculpt and the male one that hasn't yet been released (I think -- the broader one).

I didn't fully research it, but the first place I looked was $(US)315 for WoF Tyler where WE Wang Lei was $(US)340.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Don't know the source material, but very nice figure. Love the design and execution. Has a more armoured, but streamlined "Edge of Tomorrow" feel to it.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:That is surprising indeed. The level of detail here is greater (by design), although there is something to be said for not making things overly ornate (as Mark would point out).

BTW, I wouldn't necessarily agree that is the case. A lot of the immediate detail on these HT Warriors of the Future is just intricate molded texture on relatively conventional armor bits; whereas the Wandering Earth figures have a greater structural, multi-material complexity, but it's mostly hidden to the back view.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WARRIORS OF FUTURE: JOHNSON 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Captai10

Diana

Diana
These are very impressive. The photos make me question the posing options, since they are showing very few.
And of course the two figures are almost the same. Different face, different number on the chest... Should be cheaper in the pair, since they saved a lot of development time for the second one.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Diana wrote:These are very impressive. The photos make me question the posing options, since they are showing very few.
And of course the two figures are almost the same. Different face, different number on the chest... Should be cheaper in the pair, since they saved a lot of development time for the second one.
I think you are right on the posability. Especially on the thighs. Looks like the legs can't go too high, but then so long as we can do running, aiming poses and the like, should be good enough, I guess. Heavily armoured guys probably shouldn't be doing anything too acrobatic anyway.

They are basically identical. I don't think I'd go for both, especially as they are reasonably pricey.
They are very impressive though.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
I think for figures like this, the appeal of having both wouldn't be so much the representation of two different distinct characters, but more the team/squad impact. So seeing two of them together, nearly but not quite identical, might have significantly more Starship Trooper type impact. But I agree that at Hot Toys 1/6 prices, especially with the post Covid bump, an "army builder" mentality is probably an unreachable indulgence.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum