OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Modifying Phicen TBLeague seemless female latex action figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

koloth

koloth
I would like to reduce the bust size of a chubby Phicen action figure, reduce the buttocks and the circumference of the arms ( and leave the thighs as they are) to match an actress of Star Trek TOS. The surface should stay quite smooth but is not suposed to be exposed as the body and arms will be covered by a uniform (leaving the legs).
Anyone know how to do it? Thank you.

gooboo

You'll just have to take a sharp x-acto and shave off parts of the flesh you don't want like you're carving wood until you get the circumference you want. I'm not aware of any other method for sculpting TPE, it's not a material you can do much with after it comes out of the injection mold.

koloth

koloth
Thank you very much, that's what I was doing. The surface of the figure, however, is so smooth and flexible that shaving with an x-acto is quite a problem. You don't get a decent surface.

Diana

Diana
Has anyone tried a hot knife? Would that maybe melt away the material you don't want?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, I only just saw this post....

If it's helpful at all, I have actually done 'bust reductions' on tbleague figures before, and my method is to make an incision UNDER the bust, just at the base , and to basically cut a 'slice' out of that bottom area of the breast. Then, I use something like clingfilm to press the bust back down again to hold it in place. Howeve, that only works on fully clothed figures. An alternative method of 'pressing' the bust back down again would be to put a tight fitting bra or top on the figure afterward.

I cannot say whether this same method would work for a 'bum reduction', but I guess you could try it.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

koloth

koloth
Diana wrote:Has anyone tried a hot knife? Would that maybe melt away the material you don't want?

That‘s what I had in mind, but I never tried before, does anyone have?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum