OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Current Collection (Pic Heavy; one minor doll nudity; 2 others might be NSFW, but no nudity) (Updated: 4/20/18)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Thanks, dadrab. I tried. After the move, settling in took a bit of time. The majority of that room was filled with stacks and stacks of boxes. I had to go piece by piece sorting through the books, then the DVDs, then the storage boxes for the comic books. When that was done, I went through all the action figure boxes and laid everything out in a sort of category (i.e., modern spies, "Greeks", etc.). I had dolls scattered all over the floor for a long time until I got the cabinets (from Ikea, of course) up. Then it was take each one and get them assembled and posed (although I'm not all that happy with most of the poses -- I'm envious of those who can pose these things and make them look like real people). And I still have at least 20 naked bodies w/ HS that I need to figure out what to put them in and where they'll go when finished. Plus the POs I have coming... Ugh!

ReverendSpooky

Holy crap!  Damn man, your collection is really awes inspiring.  I feel like it's taking me a little bit to take it all in.  Loving the Sin City Nancy Callahan, and super cute Olivia Wilde.  That 1800's shelf is awesome.  I hadn't really given that Flirty Girl Hornet head a second look when it came out, but seeing whet you've done, I'm definitely reconsidering. Kingsmen figure look great (and seriously, how is there no Eggsy yet?!) and that Wizard of Oz group killed me.  Seriously, Toto and Dorothy with the super soaker are absolutely freakin amazing. Conan and Red Sonjas are all such great figures.  Both the Death Dealer and Egyptian dios look rad as hell.  I was really tempted by that Mystical Forge Anubis figure, and after your review, I'm glad I didn't pick it up.  But looks great with all the swapped out parts, and that sarcophagus is epic.  And I love Cleo with the Rowdy head (something I really want to keep an eye out for parted out).  The Batman and bat-inspired shelf is a blast (I'd read hell out of a Batman/Hitgirl cross over) and all the Spartan inspired figures look so good together.  Truly jealous of your Monster Files Werewolf, and the Scooby-Do/Vampirella/Elvira/Underworld combo just makes me smile (another crossover I'd pay to see).  A side note, not sure if you watch Supernatural, but they just did a Scooby-Do animated episode that is pure brilliance.  John Wick and the Transporter would make a hell of a team up.  Poor lonely Picard!  You need to move him over with the original cast until more Next Gen figures make it to the shelf.  It's too sad.  Or maybe he can just hang out over in the S&M dungeon, which is quite awesome.

...And my Mad Max is patiently waiting for Furiosa too.

Too much more to even comment on, but seriously, just amazing.  Glad to hear your new place has the space to really display everything, and glad you managed to get through the dreadful unpacking stage.

And if I haven't mentioned it, worried I may be falling for the girl in your signature.  Adorable.

http://reverendspooky.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Wow. Coming from you, ReverendSpooky, I’m honored by your praise. Your characters and dios are mind-boggling. I don’t know what else to say, but thanks, brother.

ostfront43

Oh man! I don't even now where to start on how incredibly cool your collection is. So many great figures and themes. Best I can come up with:  awesome*  see below

awe·some
[ˈôsəm]
ADJECTIVE

extremely impressive or daunting; inspiring great admiration,
"the awesome power of Stryker2011"
   synonyms: breathtaking · amazing · stunning · astounding · astonishing · awe-inspiring · stupendous · staggering · extraordinary · incredible · unbelievable · magnificent · wonderful · spectacular · remarkable · phenomenal · prodigious · miraculous · sublime · formidable · imposing · impressive · mind-boggling · mind-blowing · out of this world · supercalifragilisticexpialidocious · wondrous · amazeballs · badass ·
       informal
       extremely good; excellent.
       "Stryker2011 is truly awesome!"
       synonyms: fine · of high quality · of a high standard · quality · superior · beyond satisfactory · over the top acceptable · crazy more than adequate · in order · up to scratch · up to the mark · up to standard · up to par - nuclear

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ostfront43 wrote:Oh man! I don't even now where to start on how incredibly cool your collection is. So many great figures and themes. Best I can come up with:  awesome*  see below

awe·some
[ˈôsəm]
ADJECTIVE

extremely impressive or daunting; inspiring great admiration,
"the awesome power of Stryker2011"
   synonyms: breathtaking · amazing · stunning · astounding · astonishing · awe-inspiring · stupendous · staggering · extraordinary · incredible · unbelievable · magnificent · wonderful · spectacular · remarkable · phenomenal · prodigious · miraculous · sublime · formidable · imposing · impressive · mind-boggling · mind-blowing · out of this world · supercalifragilisticexpialidocious · wondrous · amazeballs · badass ·
       informal
       extremely good; excellent.
       "Stryker2011 is truly awesome!"
       synonyms: fine · of high quality · of a high standard · quality · superior · beyond satisfactory · over the top acceptable · crazy more than adequate · in order · up to scratch · up to the mark · up to standard · up to par - nuclear

Holy cow! That many superlatives? I’m hardly worthy, but thank you.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

display - My Current Collection (Pic Heavy; one minor doll nudity; 2 others might be NSFW, but no nudity) (Updated: 4/20/18) - Page 2 C8485110

Ephiane

Ephiane
Shocked Shocked Shocked OMG ! Thanks for Sharing. Good reference for me by searching for Headsculpts

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Shocked Shocked Shocked OMG ! Thanks for Sharing. Good reference for me by searching for Headsculpts

I know, you said it! I almost felt like imposing on him and asking him to go back and edit the post to indicate every name and male for the boxed sets and name every element of the kitbashes. Then I thought that would be too demanding of me... Smile

brassco

brassco
Clearly there are some of yours that i would fancy! Did you built custom display cabinets to showcase them?

btw, is this HS what you are looking for Selena's?

display - My Current Collection (Pic Heavy; one minor doll nudity; 2 others might be NSFW, but no nudity) (Updated: 4/20/18) - Page 2 IMG_20180407_225204

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:I know, you said it! I almost felt like imposing on him and asking him to go back and edit the post to indicate every name and male for the boxed sets and name every element of the kitbashes. Then I thought that would be too demanding of me... Smile

Honestly... I don’t know how many I would even be able to say where some of the parts on the bashes came from. Quite a bit of the stuff came from eBay, and I’m not always paying attention to what the actual name is. I’m lazy that way.

brassco wrote:Clearly there are some of yours that i would fancy! Did you built custom display cabinets to showcase them?

btw, is this HS what you are looking for Selena's?

display - My Current Collection (Pic Heavy; one minor doll nudity; 2 others might be NSFW, but no nudity) (Updated: 4/20/18) - Page 2 IMG_20180407_225204

No. Actually, I was thinking about having a custom Selene HS made, as I haven’t been all that thrilled with any of the current ones. I thought the prototype HS by Star Ace was pretty good, but something happened at the factory level and the sculpt looks squished (and judging by a lot of their recent efforts, they don’t seem too concerned in correcting any of those problems).

display - My Current Collection (Pic Heavy; one minor doll nudity; 2 others might be NSFW, but no nudity) (Updated: 4/20/18) - Page 2 C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oh, sorry, brassco. I forgot to answer your question. The cabinets are these from Ikea:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30342078/#/50342077

I modified them just a little. They only had so many holes for the pegs that hold the shelves; as you can see they're designed for six shelves, but I only wanted 4. The middle shelf is part of the structural support for the cabinet, so I had to drill new holes for the top and 1 shelf up from the bottom. I knew what lights I was going to put in them, so I had to cut tiny holes in the backing (kind of a pain, since I didn't want the holes to be very intrusive, using an exacto-knife). The only down-side to those cabinets is the center part where the frames for each door make several inches of each shelf virtually unusable, as it blocks the view. Otherwise, compared to "real" display cabinets, these are relatively cheap. The average nice display cabinet runs anywhere from $800 to a couple thousand, which is just ridiculous. I wanted to make my own, but frankly, it would have taken me years, possibly a decade or two, to get anything done.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Stryker2011 wrote:Wow. Coming from you, ReverendSpooky, I’m honored by your praise. Your characters and dios are mind-boggling. I don’t know what else to say, but thanks, brother.

Ah, damn man, thanks so much. Most of my collection is either customs or waiting-to-be-customized, and I feel like I work at such a slow pace compared to a lot of people I see, so my collection grows pretty slowly. The custom stuff you have is a ton of fun (Sexy Dorothy with a watergun and vicious Toto are such inspired ideas) and the sheer size and diversity reflect, if nothing else, quality good taste in entertainment. A ton of fun just looking at everything, and a great collection to be surrounded by in your manly sanctuary.

blackpool

blackpool
Craaaaazy collection, thanks a lot for sharing, scrolling down that thread just made my day like going to a supa comicon! You have some really fantastic figures, I couldn't even choose some "favorites", I also really like that you cover plenty of genres and style but all nicely executed and detailed!!!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:Craaaaazy collection, thanks a lot for sharing, scrolling down that thread just made my day like going to a supa comicon! You have some really fantastic figures, I couldn't even choose some "favorites", I also really like that you cover plenty of genres and style but all nicely executed and detailed!!!

Thanks. My interests are all over the map, that’s for sure. I would never be able to stick to one specific genre.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I thought I'd post this new pic I took of Conan, since I posted it over at the Freaks in the thread for the custom HS. It really is a thing of beauty. I was finally able to take a Grail figure off my list.

display - My Current Collection (Pic Heavy; one minor doll nudity; 2 others might be NSFW, but no nudity) (Updated: 4/20/18) - Page 2 _dsc2710

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is a thing of beauty. And if he hacks off to his left, he'd be Conan Dragonslayer. Smile

MarkEl

Your collection is impeccable! I like how you have things displayed by genre with enough breathing room. Too much to comment upon, but I completely agree that Eggsy was surprisingly overlooked by the manufacturers both large and small.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for looking, MarkEl. I'm trying to keep things as nicely spaced as possible, but that's going to become problematic as more and more goodies come in.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Four of my naked girls finally got clothes; and one got a new item from Hobby Lobby just today.

I still need to get a few items for my Lifeguard Sonja.

display - My Current Collection (Pic Heavy; one minor doll nudity; 2 others might be NSFW, but no nudity) (Updated: 4/20/18) - Page 2 _dsc2713
display - My Current Collection (Pic Heavy; one minor doll nudity; 2 others might be NSFW, but no nudity) (Updated: 4/20/18) - Page 2 _dsc2712

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nicely done. Pretty soon you will be able to manage plenty of good beach scenes. I take it the Hobby Lobby item is the lifeguard chair.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Very Nice, they look great!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yes, it's the lifeguard chair. It's a little short, but it works. I have a few more swimsuits I'd like to put to good use, and some beach accessories (like that beach umbrella you have in your posts), including a surf-board that is actually an incense burner.

I'm currently on the hunt for some pom-poms to go with Cheerleaders Cara & Mercy (can't understand why Fire Girl didn't include those with the outfits -- kinda' stupid).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Bad Wolf. Trying to step outside the norm; like making Sonja a lifeguard and Mercy a cheerleader; and Gwyneth a military hottie. I guess Cara being a cheerleader probably isn't too much of a stretch...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I'm currently on the hunt for some pom-poms to go with Cheerleaders Cara & Mercy (can't understand why Fire Girl didn't include those with the outfits -- kinda' stupid).

You make a good point. I would like to see what you end up doing with the scene... and the incense burner surfboard. I have two. One is unrealistic and a bit short for my taste and came with a current surfer Ken; the other was a vintage Ken accessory and is quite long. At some point I will bring the photos over on this site or make new ones.

ZombieKev

Wow, I love your collection!  So extensive and nicely laid out!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, ZombieKev. It’s been a lot of fun putting it together.

dadrab

dadrab
Cool addition with the lifeguard chair. Might warrant a trip to Hobby Lobby...

Cool collection, indeed, and the best part is that you have fun with it.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
That's quite some collection you've got there. I've yet to see a Tom Baker Dr Who figure that really does him justice. Product Enterprise did a statue that wasn't bad, but, just like the BCS one you have, the paint makes him look plain scary.

Here's what Darren Carnall was able to do with the BCS:

display - My Current Collection (Pic Heavy; one minor doll nudity; 2 others might be NSFW, but no nudity) (Updated: 4/20/18) - Page 2 1DxeTGx

If only they all looked like that....

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! Those Who heads look awesome! How can I get ahold of him? I have a couple heads (including Tom, and the new-yet-to-arrive Tenant Who — which will no doubt look cartoonish), that could use Darren’s skills. My eyesight and shaky hands aren’t good enough for that kind of thing anymore. Thanks for sharing those pics, Roger.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
That Tennant you've got coming, is it the one with the blue suit and glasses? I've seen that in hand and it's not as good as the one in my pic. They've also done 9 and he, by comparison, doesn't look too bad. Rose needs a lot of work though.

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum