OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Current Collection (Pic Heavy; one minor doll nudity; 2 others might be NSFW, but no nudity) (Updated: 4/20/18)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Yes, it's the lifeguard chair. It's a little short, but it works. I have a few more swimsuits I'd like to put to good use, and some beach accessories (like that beach umbrella you have in your posts), including a surf-board that is actually an incense burner.

I'm currently on the hunt for some pom-poms to go with Cheerleaders Cara & Mercy (can't understand why Fire Girl didn't include those with the outfits -- kinda' stupid).

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Thanks, Bad Wolf. Trying to step outside the norm; like making Sonja a lifeguard and Mercy a cheerleader; and Gwyneth a military hottie. I guess Cara being a cheerleader probably isn't too much of a stretch...

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I'm currently on the hunt for some pom-poms to go with Cheerleaders Cara & Mercy (can't understand why Fire Girl didn't include those with the outfits -- kinda' stupid).

You make a good point. I would like to see what you end up doing with the scene... and the incense burner surfboard. I have two. One is unrealistic and a bit short for my taste and came with a current surfer Ken; the other was a vintage Ken accessory and is quite long. At some point I will bring the photos over on this site or make new ones.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

ZombieKev

Wow, I love your collection!  So extensive and nicely laid out!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, ZombieKev. It’s been a lot of fun putting it together.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

display - My Current Collection (Pic Heavy; one minor doll nudity; 2 others might be NSFW, but no nudity) (Updated: 4/20/18) - Page 3 C8485110

dadrab

dadrab
Cool addition with the lifeguard chair. Might warrant a trip to Hobby Lobby...

Cool collection, indeed, and the best part is that you have fun with it.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
That's quite some collection you've got there. I've yet to see a Tom Baker Dr Who figure that really does him justice. Product Enterprise did a statue that wasn't bad, but, just like the BCS one you have, the paint makes him look plain scary.

Here's what Darren Carnall was able to do with the BCS:

display - My Current Collection (Pic Heavy; one minor doll nudity; 2 others might be NSFW, but no nudity) (Updated: 4/20/18) - Page 3 1DxeTGx

If only they all looked like that....

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! Those Who heads look awesome! How can I get ahold of him? I have a couple heads (including Tom, and the new-yet-to-arrive Tenant Who — which will no doubt look cartoonish), that could use Darren’s skills. My eyesight and shaky hands aren’t good enough for that kind of thing anymore. Thanks for sharing those pics, Roger.

display - My Current Collection (Pic Heavy; one minor doll nudity; 2 others might be NSFW, but no nudity) (Updated: 4/20/18) - Page 3 C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
That Tennant you've got coming, is it the one with the blue suit and glasses? I've seen that in hand and it's not as good as the one in my pic. They've also done 9 and he, by comparison, doesn't look too bad. Rose needs a lot of work though.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yes. It’s the blue suit one; I missed out on the earlier version. I agree on the Rose figure. I think the sculpt of her face isn’t that far off, but that hair and the usual mediocre BCS paint job isn’t doing that poor thing any good.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

It's not the best if I'm honest, only a repaint would save it.

CHEERS!

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
@Stryker, I can't believe i haven't commented here before! What a collection!
That Dorothy... scaled super soaker... those gorgeous shoes (channeling my inner Hogancamp)!
Here I am like Joker going "Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

May i ask what Phicen body is that you used for Mrs. Smith?

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Wow! What can I say other than that is a really awesome and thematically well-organized collection. While not everything it it is something I'd want for my own, I could see quite a few pieces there I'd love to own myself and am in fact quite jealous of a few you have I'll probably never get to own.

This being said, I am taking great pleasure in slowly building up my own collection of carefully kitbashed figures and so looking at your collection is kind of inspirational insofar as I'd like to someday have as big a collection myself, if not necessarily composed the same way.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:@Stryker, I can't believe i haven't commented here before! What a collection!
That Dorothy... scaled super soaker... those gorgeous shoes (channeling my inner Hogancamp)!
Here I am like Joker going "Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

May i ask what Phicen body is that you used for Mrs. Smith?

Wow. Thanks for digging this one up — scary to think this collection has grown almost twice as big since I posted these pics. As far as Mrs. Smith, if I remember correctly it is a S09C body in the original Suntan. I need to get back to my Wizard of Oz characters. I always wanted to do something with the Oz characters, and those shoes were actually made like that (I think originally by Super Duck) years ago. The moment I saw them, and that head by Kimi Toys, I knew I had a good start on Dorothy. I have to finish up the Tin Man, and I’m waiting on a Munchkin — but all the others are done (including two winged monkeys).

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Wow! What can I say other than that is a really awesome and thematically well-organized collection.  While not everything it it is something I'd want for my own, I could see quite a few pieces there I'd love to own myself and am in fact quite jealous of a few you have I'll probably never get to own.  

This being said, I am taking great pleasure in slowly building up my own collection of carefully kitbashed figures and so looking at your collection is kind of inspirational insofar as I'd like to someday have as big a collection myself, if not necessarily composed the same way.

Thanks. Yeah, much of my collection isn’t for everyone. It has evolved in different directions since the original post. Many of the ladies have been taken down and boxed up, and additional figures added in other areas.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Would love to see updated pics, especially of your current LotR collection, and of course your Jabba dio once that is ready. Smile

ETA: Were you ever able to get in touch with Darren Carnall?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Would love to see updated pics, especially of your current LotR collection, and of course your Jabba dio once that is ready. Smile

Thanks. I’ve been so lazy lately — many of my LOTR figures are still boxed up. Have to build up the energy to spend hours putting all those accessories on the figures. It’ll get done eventually, I suppose.

I did get in touch with Darren. He’s currently in possession of three head sculpts of mine, but he’s a painfully slow and methodical painter, so there hasn’t been any progress that I’m aware of, unfortunately.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Would love to see updated pics, especially of your current LotR collection, and of course your Jabba dio once that is ready. Smile

Thanks. I’ve been so lazy lately — many of my LOTR figures are still boxed up. Have to build up the energy to spend hours putting all those accessories on the figures. It’ll get done eventually, I suppose.

I did get in touch with Darren. He’s currently in possession of three head sculpts of mine, but he’s a painfully slow and methodical painter, so there hasn’t been any progress that I’m aware of, unfortunately.

Ah, I see, well no pressure! : ) 

And that's frustrating.... though hopefully eventually worth the long wait.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:

I hope it’s more worth the cost; he’s possibly the most expensive custom painter out there...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:

I hope it’s more worth the cost; he’s possibly the most expensive custom painter out there...

Yes, this is true... ;p

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Your house is another world Laughing Laughing Welcome to Little Hollywood....and I am surprise you got so many chinese type figures too....

Ahh I see Arnold and TX, pls get the T-1000 too, they are most best trilogy terminators Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
lawlaw91 wrote:Your house is another world  Laughing  Laughing  Welcome to Little Hollywood....and I am surprise you got so many chinese type figures too....

Ahh I see Arnold and TX, pls get the T-1000 too, they are most best trilogy terminators Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Thanks. I’ve always been a Manga/Anime fan, and Hong Kong cinema. I’d get the T-1000, but the aftermarket prices are too high for my taste.

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Stryker2011 wrote:
lawlaw91 wrote:Your house is another world  Laughing  Laughing  Welcome to Little Hollywood....and I am surprise you got so many chinese type figures too....

Thanks. I’ve always been a Manga/Anime fan, and Hong Kong cinema. I’d get the T-1000, but the aftermarket prices are too high for my taste.

Yes, figure price is always rising without stable or reason.....I love HK 90's movies too....but some of their figures also so overpriced.....

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Sorry for the off-topic question — I was reminded by the pics of your ACPlay Slave Leias, as well as our discussion of the skintone issues on the HT thread about the issue of finding the right body for that figure. I recall GF did a kitbash of her with the s25b ... did the ACPlay sculpt match that tbleague body? Or is the Jiaou wheat body the best/only option for it?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The TBL body is far too pale. If I could master the body coloring technique I’d use the TBL, but using Jiaou is a lot easier.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Gotcha, good to know.

ETA: It is indeed very difficult to match coloured tbleague bodies to an already existing headsculpt -- this is an issue I've encountered myself. It is much easier to repaint a head to match a body, rather than the other way around.

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Stryker2011 wrote:The TBL body is far too pale. If I could master the body coloring technique I’d use the TBL, but using Jiaou is a lot easier.

skywalkersaga wrote:Gotcha, good to know.

ETA: It is indeed very difficult to match coloured tbleague bodies to an already existing headsculpt -- this is an issue I've encountered myself. It is much easier to repaint a head to match a body, rather than the other way around.

TBLeague bodies color is one of the major problem to match the headsculpts, that's why Jiaou standing the gap on the market, even they both produce similar things and Jiaou quality somehow still don't match TBL (Jiaou's silicone do crack more easily).......So far I has 1 male and 1 female Jiaou bodies, everything is ok, but the smell I can't stand it..... Rolling Eyes

Ephiane

Ephiane
I see that wonderful figures of Worf, Data, Jordy... so Your Picard dont has to be lonly. Nothing of it is out now ?

display - My Current Collection (Pic Heavy; one minor doll nudity; 2 others might be NSFW, but no nudity) (Updated: 4/20/18) - Page 3 San_di10
display - My Current Collection (Pic Heavy; one minor doll nudity; 2 others might be NSFW, but no nudity) (Updated: 4/20/18) - Page 3 Sdcc1710
display - My Current Collection (Pic Heavy; one minor doll nudity; 2 others might be NSFW, but no nudity) (Updated: 4/20/18) - Page 3 217c5d10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Unfortunately QMX hasn’t put any other Next Generation figures up for PO. With what Nanjin has been telling people, he no longer works directly for them, and they’ve never been too smart when it comes to their 1/6 figure lines — I’m hoping they at least finish the main crew of the original series at least before they abandon the line; anything after that would be a bonus that I’m not holding out hope for.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That’s so frustrating. Such a shame that they’ve had some really awesome licenses and wasted their opportunities with them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum