OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc..

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
A mix and mash of my Vaders built over the years as comparisons and 3 factory ones too.

The reference material, scene I wanted to recreate between Obi Wan and Vader in the Kenobi TV series:

Okay...I guess the horrible mouse got that video taken down, let's try this one.

My scratch built custom Darth Vader with dialogue built into the base (that is what you are hearing, raw footage recorded playing from the figure whilst recording) and light up areas to copy his BD look at the end of the fight, I took the liberty of making his chestbox damage a bit more interesting.

Compared to my first ever custom Vader, built about 20 years ago, no SSC or HT stuff around, just old Hasbro and vinyl kits; I was playing with lighting back then too! Wink

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. LZRNcn7

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. KYw1YIU

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. Ew4Qc6m

Batteries a bit dead but light up sabre on this old figure still works!

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. QrtKRpp

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. E8mOlkr

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. E4bao2X

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. CkryWWe

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. TddsdXD

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. 2slhbEZ

Probably my favourite BD Vader scratch build, it was made in two countries (Wales and Greece) and four houses! pirat  Based of the video game 'Force Unleashed' I think, where his apprentice Starkiller (?) tries to kill him.

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. PWihiZP

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. BvG60QH

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. 4jnvNlS

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. 2BxHtVW

Another custom of mine using mostly modified Hasbro stuff and  few SSC parts, also made a custom sounds/talking base for this one, video of that below this pic

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. EU96cEJ

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. G3X2jbo

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. BGxLGAG

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. CpjRbta

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. EiqjkZg

Okay, my Crispy Anakin aka Vader, limbs are removable for that crawling out of the lava scene but this figure is just part of a dio set I made including two scratch built droids, an FX Med-Tech series droid (with a crazy amount of articulated collapsible appendages/tools, it all started with a plastic pint glass! LOL), a 2-1B medical droid to recreate the creation of Darth Vader as we know him. I even made a full Vader suit that clips over this figure for different display options. Apologies in advance for my pics going on a tangent here but it's easier than trying to explain with words.

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. W7SejqS

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. MCHRymy

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. LuYn7Z4

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. PsirLCW

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. BY4q1c0

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. 0zzuUx9

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. Q73UkmY

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. HShojTe

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. GKHIxPs

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. UbmOTLp

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. Bg1lCm8

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. Fu9QU8d

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. 2BHXaSJ

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. 7HxVu0e

Another parts build Vader, ESB this time I think..

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. MVxUWKG

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. VEss40w

SSC's ROTJ Vader

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. B6h7R4M

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. Wix5JFy

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. 9Y3A8U8

Medicom ROTS Vader..pleather really dying on this one.. he doesn't get displayed with my 1/6 collection for obvious reasons even though he's meant to be 1/6...

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. 18pZMQU

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. 1QjXltU

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. Jqcfq9W

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. Q3eXe9B

SSC's ANH Vader

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. AzILOcn

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. HLivzyP

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. 8klio4p

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. Oq5USOO

All together now...NOOOOO!!!

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. Wk5vopq

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. ZR08tv9

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. TfzPpKS

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. JkBwG5H

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Poor Medicom Vader! Great to see them up close and individually. I particularly like the 2 countries/4 houses rendition, although I'm unfamiliar with the source your cited. All your customs are very impressive, and now that you've shared the reference video from the series, I can appreciate your work on this most recent one even more. Beautifully done!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! That is some impressive work. I have to admit I’m most impressed with the two seriously heavily damaged versions, and, of course, your latest. Really neat stuff. Too bad about the rotting pleather on the Medicom version.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Poor Medicom Vader! Great to see them up close and individually.  I particularly like the 2 countries/4 houses rendition, although I'm unfamiliar with the source your cited.  All your customs are very impressive, and now that you've shared the reference video from the series, I can appreciate your work on this most recent one even more.  Beautifully done!

Cheers GTF! I had posted the same reference video on the build thread but guess you missed it, it was in a kind of random post location so not surprising. Never played the video game as I'm useless at them! I played a Snowtrooper sniper in 'Battle Front' and got stepped on by an AT-AT!! FFS!! Embarassed

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. Qffgtcpqdo951

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. Aaa9e990119467a56905d644503c53f1-screen

Stryker2011 wrote:Wow! That is some impressive work. I have to admit I’m most impressed with the two seriously heavily damaged versions, and, of course, your latest. Really neat stuff. Too bad about the rotting pleather on the Medicom version.

Thanks Stryker! I've now realised that my Crispy Anakin is way too short but that's any easy fix for another time. Not too bothered by the Medicom got him for a good deal MIB years ago, he's the only Vader I have who can cross his arms thanks to a clever dual gauntlet design they came up with but other than that he's just a novelty really, like the rest of their stuff in my collection, the original Alien and Predator figures of the same scale for example.
Think I'm gong to take a break and build a Perfect Grade Gundam, so I'll be in the dungeon known as 'not 1/6 related section' Twisted Evil

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Impressive Vader collection, Chop!
Are those Terminator forearms and legs on Crispy Anakin?
The med droids look fantastic, cool light-up effect.
Hey where's your Samurai Vader?

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
rollotomasi wrote:Impressive Vader collection, Chop!
Are those Terminator forearms and legs on Crispy Anakin?
The med droids look fantastic, cool light-up effect.
Hey where's your Samurai Vader?

Thank you very much rollotomasi!! Yes they are indeed from a Terminator Endo vinyl kit well except for his right arm, that's the replacement he was given after Dooku cut his real one off. I need to extend his arms and legs though as he's too short, paint bottle caps should work well as extensions though. Samurai Vader is upstairs I meant to bring him down then forgot lol. Embarassed Laughing

ukshaun

ukshaun
That's a whole lotta of Vader!
Impressive Smile

I have yet to add a Vader to my collection. Maybe some day.
I missed out on the one i wanted, the Hot Toys - Darth Vader The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
ukshaun wrote:That's a whole lotta of Vader!
Impressive Smile

I missed out on the one i wanted, the Hot Toys - Darth Vader The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary

Thanks! You can still find that Vader new, I've seen him on eBay etc..

ukshaun

ukshaun
shovelchop81 wrote:
ukshaun wrote:That's a whole lotta of Vader!
Impressive Smile

Thanks! You can still find that Vader new, I've seen him on eBay etc..

At a price..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Thought I'd chuck some regular pics of him on here too as That's what I'd normally do lol. Show off his details better and articulation a bit, if the eye looks a bit 'high' compared to the helmet's intact lens that's just the camera messing with the parallax, it's actually fine irl.

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. P2N9Ksh

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. NX99DNM

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. 2w1aROj

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. JAvB7k5

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. 971yMx2

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. DXIBn3P

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. 3codmuJ

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. 6iQo93E

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. SLK25SC

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. Gv4U2Cv

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. 43rdNGp

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. 0rDld1l

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. ZmKI7kb

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. JhvexCI

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. 3Im9mqy

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. VkfVOLT

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. VJ0QHcF

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. U8KLGUm

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. 1dnGgLg

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Boy, Obi-Wan really did a number on that one... Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Excellent work, Alex. That exposed part of the head is awesome.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

More pics of him added in daylight alone/Finished battle damaged Darth Vader compared to many other of my custom Vaders, short videos etc.. C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Boy, Obi-Wan really did a number on that one... Smile

Stryker2011 wrote:Excellent work, Alex. That exposed part of the head is awesome.

Thanks! Well this is when Obi-Wan is meant to have risen to the height of his power, hence the flying rocks etc.. in the fight after he remembers what he is fighting for and musters the Force to his best ability.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum