OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
No glue or paint needed, just quality snippers and patience.
These can be imposing kits and some deservedly so, others like this one and the other blue one shown with it are fairly simple compared to others like the Phoenix, Unicorn, Banshee Norn and the 00 Exia kits.
They are all around 30cm tall and technically 1/160 scale but I think could be modded a bit here and there to make 1/6 droids or powersuits etc.. Comparison pics with 1/6 further down the page. Something you'll find and appreciate with these kits is the insane amount of detail and engineering put into them and you often only see it while building them but parts can be removed to show it off as well as clear armour versions too.

You start with a very big box full off lots and lots of parts trays, first remove all the clear plastic packaging then get out your masking tape and a sharpie to label each tray clearly and then stack them in alphabetical order using a part of the box they came in as a tray holder. Check the build guide to make sure it's all there then pick out the trays needed for the first part of the build, you build it in sections. Use quality snippers to cleanly cut the part away from the sprue as close to the part as possible (which is why single sided snippers are best as the have a flat side) then remove any excess with a fresh blade in a scalpel, you'll go through plenty of blades at first but the more experienced you get, the more you learn how to get the most out of them.

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? NCGR9Tg

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? 7wGQwKV

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? FgnYoKm

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? Nnj2hDE

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? KhH3qX1

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? WQGZPhB

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? LZ9aAqT

EVERY SINGLE PAGE IS BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS, NO FILLER OR FLUFF.

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? Mzb4oPu

THIS IS ANOTHER INSTRUCTION BOOK ABOUT THE FIGURE AND HOW TO USE IT'S FEATURES ETC..

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? SDz13VF

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? AKjJkCh

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? EeVGy8j

TYPICAL INSTRUCTION PAGES, VERY ESY TO FOLLOW.

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? 7oBkLOQ

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? XRcMqpp

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? JaCYtgq

MY BUILD SET UP AREA, A BIT CRAMPED WITH ALL THE 1/6 STUFF AND GUN PARTS THERE TOO LOL.

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? 5w5BrA1

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? PKZbFfH

WELL INTO THE LEG BUILDS

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? RDqWA9h

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? Pg1n9Yc

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? KwwZOHH

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? Iwzawdi

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? QS0CVF4

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? ZQuTpy7

WITH AND WITHOUT ARMOUR

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? 4ol6Lsx

WORKING PISTONS ARE VERY COMMON ON THESE KITS.

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? 8enBmms

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? CvoyaBA

MOVING ARMOUR IS TOO

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? DNAD4KQ

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? YYeDTSZ

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? SmOY1r4

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? BLiCqAk

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? 0CTFsMs

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? 6JhicGl

PILOT COCKPIT

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? BMXCb1E

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? X97AKss

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? QdzaUd1

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? GCVky5w

INCLUDES ALL ELECTRONICS NEEDED AND BATTERIES

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? R1jUKOf

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? IPs0TNh

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? BIdL6f3

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? N2uJqiF

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? OEgJrPu

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? WtyOT6P

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? 3wxa6Te

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? 3UEqSJG

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? S6su400

A COUPLE OF PG GUNDAMS COMPARED TO 1/6 FIGURES

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? LkvMctF

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? OnASgNB

THE BLUE GUNDAM HAS ARMOUR SECTIONS REMOVED TO SHOW HIS INNER FRAME, KEEP MEANING TO PAINT HIM.

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? PO0JGV7

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? 1LaifZ2

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? GqP84mH

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? 6KNnHZI

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? VZ2gGxw

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? JA9BhVS

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? 4vyewLY

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? W0vIR5G

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? Hlpwjgj

TO BE FAIR GRIEVOUS IS A VERY BIG FIGURE!

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? GNGjSQg

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? 4kCFcYV

HAND AND FINGER PARTS

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? MkdMrx0

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? RvOKg7T

HANDS DONE, BACKPACK STARTED

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? 7sevbgB

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? DUebZYo

Visisonor

Visisonor
Great "work log" description.

Model kits are cool. By virtue of being composed of many parts, they often feature finer details and sharper lines than action figures cast from molds.
My experience is only with Star Wars model kits from Bandai, and Little Armory line from Takara Tomy. The build process for them is soothingly satisfying, and I bet that's even more so for more complex kits such as this one.

Delanie

Delanie
Nice kit first time ive seen the PG version.

I built the MG one a few years ago, took me awhile but then i spent time painting mine with an airbrush, the gold frame was the worse colour to match so much so that I had to buy the marker set .
The Strike Freedom is my all time favourite Gundam

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Visisonor wrote:Great "work log" description.

Model kits are cool. By virtue of being composed of many parts, they often feature finer details and sharper lines than action figures cast from molds.
My experience is only with Star Wars model kits from Bandai, and Little Armory line from Takara Tomy. The build process for them is soothingly satisfying, and I bet that's even more so for more complex kits such as this one.

Cheers! These PG's just need 'more' of everything, patience, space, time, snipping etc.. they still have tiny parts too, the guns on his head are each made of individual parts the size of pinheads! But it's generally relaxing as you said, a nice break from 1/6 custom builds when I start to burn out, these and Kotobukiya HMM ZOIDS.

Delanie wrote:Nice kit first time ive seen the PG version.

I built the MG one a few years ago, took me awhile but then i spent time painting mine with an airbrush, the gold frame was the worse colour to match so much so that I had to buy the marker set .
The Strike Freedom is my all time favourite Gundam

Cool! I'm not going the extra mile with this one, I've done it with many other kits including most of my nine PG ones and some MG's but mostly the HMM ZOIDS which I make dios for too.

Building the spring-loaded wings now, pretty repetitive and tricky at the same time due to many parts and a spring under pressure while you try and hold it altogether, get every moving pin into its retrospective guide track (there are many), line up the other part full of guide tracks as well then sandwich, squish and monitor the tiny pins, guiding them with a tiny flat bladed screwdriver so they all align properly at the same time and don't break! Twisted Evil
I bet you the spring gimmick won't even work after having to build it 8 times!! affraid

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? Pn2QsEE

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? ZpheU8n

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? EW22Lqr

HALFWAY THERE SORT OF....

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? A7nSn6C

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? ZdvsvpK

Building a Gundam Perfect Grade. Ever wonder what it takes to build one and if the Perfect Grade scale could be used in 1/6 builds? IMBip9b

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool, massively detailed build. And I think the resulting figure actually works well with sixth scale. The flip helmet scout trooper reminds me of my own current project inspired by the scout trooper review and photoshoot... I've been distracted these past few days.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum