OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ada Wong - Resident Evil - Custom & Kitbash

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Qui Gon John

Qui Gon John
Hello.
I registered here years ago. It seems that the topic i used then has been deteleted, as well as my old account, so, here's new ones !

In my collection i expose 3 times Ada Wong. 1 with re4 original outfit, one of RE4 remake, and one of RE2 remake. Some are greats, other needs reflexion…

Ada Wong - Resident Evil - Custom & Kitbash Img_2010

HOT TOYS RE4 2005 custom

Years ago, my question was : "how to transform the Ada RE4 hot toys ugly feet & shoes to something more nice". A few of you told me about Phicen/tbleague bodies. I applied the advice ! But before that, i tried a solution by buying only the feet part of a « Babydoll suckerpunch » hot toys feet part and new shoes (and YMT head).
But it’s way better with a TBL body ! Here's a result with a S02 sun TBL body, a YMT head, feeljoy shoes, and the original HOT TOYS dress / gun holster :

Ada Wong - Resident Evil - Custom & Kitbash Img_2011

I’m quite satisfiyed with the result and won’t do further modifications, only change head from time to time !

RE4 2023 Kitbash
Since that, i also kitbashed a custom of  the remake outfit, with S09 body, boots and stockings buyed solo, and dress and holters buyed in china :

Ada Wong - Resident Evil - Custom & Kitbash Img_2012

Tried to a few customs, only by changing the color of the dress or the shoes ! (When she’s not wearing the boots, i 3Dprinted & painted myself the shoes you can see on the pictures !)

Ada Wong - Resident Evil - Custom & Kitbash Img_2013

I was very satisfied by the results, but i buyed two new sets that force me to changes this custom…

RE4 2023 MISS WONG & MT TOYS Comparison

More recently, i buyed the "Miss" Wong" figure, and the MT toys ADA set. Here's a comparison :
Ada Wong - Resident Evil - Custom & Kitbash Img_2017

I can’t determine what body is used for Miss Wong. I think it’s a TBLEAGUE because there’s an anti-humidity stuff in the box with TBL logo… The body is the same height than a S42 or S47 or S55 (the tall ones i own) but the hips & torso are smaller than S47 or S55. There is no details beetween legs.  
So here’s a question : What do you think this body is ? This is a tall TBL, but wich one ?
Ada Wong - Resident Evil - Custom & Kitbash Img_2014

The base of the boots is the same !
Same size/shape/materials. May be the same manufacturer… The leather is a little bit different tought on the leg part of the boot.
MT TOYS seems to be made for S12 body as it’s shorter on the leg part. I haven’t been able to try, but i just ordered a S12D body that i didn’t own before.

Ada Wong - Resident Evil - Custom & Kitbash Img_2015

Stockings are also the same. I think the dress too… the dress looks really short on the MISS WONG figure… It may even be the same dress i used for the kitbash…

For the leather parts, MISS WONG comes with plastic, and MT toys with falese leather. I’ll continue to use the first one from the kitbash…

WIth the hands you can learn a lot : MISS WONG are bigger (for tall body) and PALE skin tone, MTTOYS are for smaller bodies (S07/S10…) and is SUN skin tone.

There’s also a difference of size with the guns !

Heads are cools ! My pictures don’t pay honor to them. MISS WONG comes with two heads, pale skin tone, and the heads are big, made for taller bodies. MTTOYS is SUN and as a more normal « 1/6 size ». The three heads have rolling eyeballs.

At final, i’m quite disapointed with these buyings. I’ve decided that the RE4 2023 outfit i’ll expose in my collection will be made with my future S12 body and will mostly be based on my kitbash.  
I’ll use the boots from MT TOYS, the hands from MT toys, the head will change frequently and i’ll use the old holster and the old dress from kitbash.
So there’s a lot of stuff in these two sets i won’t use… The body/boots/dress of miss wong for exemple…

RE2 Remake kitbash :
I once buyed a 30$ set with dress, t-shirt, holster & gun. I putted it on a S09 body. Result was cool, but the color of the dress was too bright, not enough dark :
I buyed the dress of the DAMTOYS figure as a loose part. Way better product, of the good color. I tried dit on the S09 body. The result isn’t satisfiyng, as the dress is too big… I had to shorten it... I’ll try on a S42 body, i think it’ll match.

Ada Wong - Resident Evil - Custom & Kitbash Img_2016

But here’s another question : What body was used by DAMTOYS for their figure ? Due to the size of the dress i think it’s a tall TBL, but wich one ?

More at the next episode !

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
If you gave us more details, we could look up the old username and posts -- they should not have been deleted, but the forum's search function is pretty poor.

At any rate, a fine collection of Adas. Perhaps you can make a story where there is a squad of Ada clones or something like that.

madnug

madnug
The body used by DAMTOYS should be Or equivalent to S47.
Large Body, small bust big hips.

Miss WONG SWtoys is likely to use an S12/s10 Body, its similar to s09/s07 but detach feet

Zes

Zes
GubernatorFan wrote:Perhaps you can make a story where there is a squad of Ada clones or something like that.

Ada clones do seem to be popular...cough...cough...Resident Evil 6 Cool

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Zes wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Perhaps you can make a story where there is a squad of Ada clones or something like that.

I wouldn't know. But glad it makes sense.

Diana

Diana
That's a beautiful collection of Adas!
Welcome back to the board. Hopefully you'll find your old account. Did you search the memberlist for your old name?

It's a little difficult to determine the body by those pictures, but maybe this comparison picture helps:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013p160-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually#108325

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Nicely done. By the way, are you the same Qui Gon who likes to go fishing over at the Freaks?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Ada Wong - Resident Evil - Custom & Kitbash 1f10

Qui Gon John

Qui Gon John
GubernatorFan wrote:If you gave us more details, we could look up the old username and posts -- they should not have been deleted, but the forum's search function is pretty poor.
Diana wrote:That's a beautiful collection of Adas!
Welcome back to the board. Hopefully you'll find your old account. Did you search the memberlist for your old name?

Thanks a lot but don’t took some work on your time to find the old account. This one is fine i’ll continue with it ! And i prefer my new name Very Happy
I tried from my side and i may even not have any access to the old email adress used before !
My old login may have been "joniwan" or "jokuzo" and i was already talking about Ada Wong ! But really, don't bother yourself with that !

Diana wrote:It's a little difficult to determine the body by those pictures, but maybe this comparison picture helps:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013p160-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually#108325
madnug wrote:The body used by DAMTOYS should be Or equivalent to S47.
Large Body, small bust big hips.
Miss WONG SWtoys is likely to use an S12/s10 Body, its similar to s09/s07 but detach feet

Doesn’t help a lot sorry :/ I don’t have the eye for these kinds of things.

The Miss Wong One is clearly not a S12. It’s way taller. S12 is the one i used in this post for RE4R kitbash (pictures after).

The damtoys one is not a S47. I tried with that (pictures after) and it’s no good. Next time i’ll try with S42 : the dress needs to be filled !

GubernatorFan wrote:At any rate, a fine collection of Adas. Perhaps you can make a story where there is a squad of Ada clones or something like that.
Zes wrote:

I recently did… All the Resident Evil in a row. I was not joking. Took me months. Some were already well completed before, years ago. I began with 3 Remake, then 4 remake, then 4, then the first…

Ada Wong - Resident Evil - Custom & Kitbash Adaaaa10

The 6 is clearly (With revelation 2) my less favorite ever… Was a pain in the ass to complete, this one took me a full month (i didn't wanted to play anymore haha).
So no Ada clones for me !
You can see this collection as « Many Ada outfits trought time and parallel universes »

Stryker2012 wrote:Nicely done. By the way, are you the same Qui Gon who likes to go fishing over at the Freaks?
I’m French, what means fishing over the freaks ? Google does'nt helps !
So no, it’s not me Very Happy

----------------------------------------------------------------

Here’s the sequel of the first message !

RE4 REMAKE KITBASH V2 (Final !)

So like i said i ordered a S12 Body. It does the job quite well and let me use the boots of the MT TOYS set !

Ada Wong - Resident Evil - Custom & Kitbash Img_2022

So on this picture you have : Hot Toys stand, MT Toys boots, Chinese stockings, MT toys dress, Chinese holsters, Hot Toys machine gun, MT toys head (by chinese i mean buyed on aliexpress !). My picture don’t pay honor the MT toys head !

I’m quite satisfied with this one ! May change of head/dress from time to time !

RE2 Remake Kitbash V2

So instead of a S09 body this time i used a S47. Only had a pale one. Good with Miss Wong heads.

Ada Wong - Resident Evil - Custom & Kitbash Img_2021

The dress is way better on this body ! But the torso does’nt fill enought the dress… Like for the S09, i had to tighten the dress with a pin on the back. I used Miss Wong Head, chinese holster, Damtoys Dress, chinese stockings, and feeltoys shoes.

Like you can see on the picture, S42/47 bodies are too tall for my shelf. Ada had to walk outside her stand to loose 1cm ! Next time with the S42, i think i'll seat her on a chair !

Also, i’m quite disapointed that the shoes i own for tall sizes has not the « red sole » stuff. They also have a "snake" pattern on them. Nice, but not for Ada.

So i'll build new ones ! 3D printed and handpainted, here’s a wip of my work :

Ada Wong - Resident Evil - Custom & Kitbash Img_2020

So there’s still work to improve this Kitbash ! More at the next episode !

MISS WONG DECEPTION :
I tried to use the Miss Wong body left in his box these last weeks. By putting it the « pre order » outfit inclued. BUT
When i removed the stockings, these were stains all over the legs and the hips !!! I’m VERY disapointed ! AND, i own something 15 TBL bodies who always change, and this never had happend to me : on the first removal, the hand pin broke !

nsfw:

Seriously i’m always paiyng a great attention to my dolls and never broke one. But this hand, broke at the first time ? What’s happenig ? Why ?

Don't use the stockings if you also brought MT toys set or Miss Wong !

I brought it at giantoys. I’ll message them, at least on the stains on legs things, to see if they can remplace the body ! More at the next episode !

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Sorry about your staining troubles, but you could have just as easily cropped the photo so it would be acceptable.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wonderful figures of a wonderfully mysterious character! I have the resident Evil 6 version myself, and like yourself, spent hours playing and completing all the games! hanks for sharing your lovely figures with us Very Happy .

Visisonor

Visisonor
Qui Gon John wrote:And i prefer my new name
I like that name too Smile
Nice collection of Adas. Perhaps the stain can be fixed.
There might be a way to fix the hand pin - hard to see whether it snapped in two or came out of the socket, but maybe it can be replaced with a screw of similar size or something 3D-printed.

Zes

Zes
Qui Gon John wrote:I recently did… All the Resident Evil in a row. I was not joking. Took me months. Some were already well completed before, years ago. I began with 3 Remake, then 4 remake, then 4, then the first…

The 6 is clearly (With revelation 2) my less favorite ever… Was a pain in the ass to complete, this one took me a full month (i didn't wanted to play anymore haha).
So no Ada clones for me !
You can see this collection as « Many Ada outfits trought time and parallel universes »

Oh, wow, impressive. I've only played maybe six or seven Resident Evil games. And, yes, I agree—Resident Evil 6 was a slog to get through. Great characters, bad writing, and bad gameplay.

I kind of like that Miss Wong head. Looks good! And, wow, I can't believe the hand peg broke. Those are usually extremely sturdy...

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Fishing is probably the American term for angling (to catch fish). There’s a member over at the CollectorFreaks board/forum who goes by the username QuiGonFishing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Ada Wong - Resident Evil - Custom & Kitbash 1f10

itt

itt
Thank you for your very interesting and inspiring post Qui Gon.

I’m trying to plan my ideal Ada too.

Right now I’m trying to decide which head I prefer best between the MTTOYS one and the DAMTOYS one. They seem pretty close. I wish I could get a picture of a side-by-side comparison of the two finished products. As we have all learned the hard way, often the finished version doesn’t match the promo shots we see plastered everywhere online.

For my Ada’s clothes, I must have the "sexploitation special" low-cut top with skirt from the SWTOYS Miss Wong 1. Wish I could find it parted out someplace… I don’t feel like buying the whole figure just for that (I hate the way their head turned out. Damned shame, it looked so good in the promo pics.)

itt

itt
Oh yeah, there's also this upcoming set from BY-ART that I like a lot too. You get 2 heads, regular and smiling:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t7194-new-product-by-art-by-021-1-6-scale-adah-figure

And even Super Duck are getting into the Ada game (I like this one a lot too). -- Must be a HUGE market out there for Ada Wong stuff.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6878-new-product-super-duck-set087-1-6-scale-sexy-agent-cosplay-set?highlight=set087

The Super Duck is scheduled for Jan 2025, which most likely means maybe a year and a half after that, LOL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum