OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: BLACK PANTHER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
In the wake of King T’Challa’s death, Wakanda is left without a Black Panther, and as world powers clamor to gain access to vibranium, a new enemy breaches Wakanda’s borders.

Marvel Studios’ Black Panther: Wakanda Forever will show our beloved heroes band together and fight to protect their nation. To prepare fans for the highly-anticipated release, Hot Toys is delighted to introduce the new Black Panther as the 1/6th scale collectible figure.

The highly-detailed figure is beautifully crafted based on the appearance of Black Panther in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, features an all-new masked head with mystical elements; a newly developed head sculpt and hair sculpture with impressive likeness; highly-poseable body structure; meticulously tailored Panther Habit suit with metallic silver, gold accent; a pair of vibranium gauntlets, a spear, interchangeable hands for fighting poses, and a figure stand.

Gear up with Black Panther figure for battle to protect Wakanda from its enemies!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS675
PRODUCT NAMEBLACK PANTHER
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 28CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESNEWLY CRAFTED MASKED HEAD WITH DETAILED PATTERNS; NEWLY DEVELOPED HEAD SCULPT WITH HIGHLY-ACCURATE FACIAL EXPRESSION AND SKIN TEXTURE; NEWLY DEVELOPED BODY
PRODUCT RELEASE DATEAPPROXIMATELY Q1 – Q2, 2024
ARTISTS
The 1/6th scale Black Panther Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Black Panther in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
- One (1) newly crafted masked head with detailed patterns
- One (1) newly developed head sculpt with highly-accurate facial expression and skin texture
- Approximately 28cm tall
- Newly developed body with over 30 points of articulations
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of clenching hands
- One (1) pair of fists with vibranium gauntlet
- One (1) spear holding right hand
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-printed

Costume:
- One (1) black, silver and gold colored Panther Habit suit

Weapons:
- One (1) pair of Vibranium Gauntlets
- One (1) spear

Accessory:
- Specially designed figure stand with movie logo

Release date: Approximately Q1 – Q2, 2024

*Prototype shown is not final. Pending licensor approval.
**Product details can subject to change without further notice

© 2022 Marvel.
© 2022 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

BlackPanther - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: BLACK PANTHER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11868
BlackPanther - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: BLACK PANTHER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 21093
BlackPanther - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: BLACK PANTHER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3802
BlackPanther - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: BLACK PANTHER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4750
BlackPanther - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: BLACK PANTHER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5678
BlackPanther - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: BLACK PANTHER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6636
BlackPanther - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: BLACK PANTHER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7609
BlackPanther - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: BLACK PANTHER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8580
BlackPanther - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: BLACK PANTHER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9560
BlackPanther - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: BLACK PANTHER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10536
BlackPanther - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: BLACK PANTHER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11869
BlackPanther - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: BLACK PANTHER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12489
BlackPanther - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: BLACK PANTHER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13464
BlackPanther - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: BLACK PANTHER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14435
BlackPanther - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: BLACK PANTHER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 15407
BlackPanther - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: BLACK PANTHER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 16377
BlackPanther - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: BLACK PANTHER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 17343
BlackPanther - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: BLACK PANTHER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 18311
BlackPanther - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: BLACK PANTHER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 19273
BlackPanther - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: BLACK PANTHER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 20227

#newproduct #HotToys #BlackPanther #WakandaForever #female #Marvel #MCU #comicbook #movie

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
So they promise an unmasked head but they don't show it, even blurred. Smile Otherwise, looks good. The suit creases up in an unsightly manner in some poses, but the articulation would be my priority, so no biggie from my point of view.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The figure looks cool I guess, but they should have just recast the role instead of once again replacing a man with a woman.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

BlackPanther - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: BLACK PANTHER 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:The figure looks cool I guess, but they should have just recast the role instead of once again replacing a man with a woman.
You know, the thought crossed my mind, but in this case they do have a somewhat reasonable rationale (which the new Thor movie did not -- I saw that eviscerated too, and apparently for a bunch of very good reasons). After all, he has a sister, who is arguably his heir -- as queen certainly, but maybe also as panther (although that part seemed like it had to be earned/vindicated through a duel -- unless that was only in case of a challenger). That said, I'm perfectly ignorant of any specific Wakanda rules, and not certain whether the new black panther is actually his sister.

Speaking of recasting, why isn't there a Liam McIntyre Spartacus figure (or at least head)?

Edited to add: Yep, a quick check on Wikipedia indicates it is indeed his sister Shuri who becomes his successor as queen and panther. And this is apparently based on the comics, not just the new movie (which I assume is doing the same thing, more or less). I was also happy to discover that the moniker of the superhero was established before it acquired the dubious political associations.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
With certain characters, it can work if their superhero persona is passed down as more of a 'title' that can be taken up by others. Sort of like the Dread Pirate Roberts. Laughing

In other instances, it might not work as well (like when the character has inherent superpowers that aren't exactly something you can just pass on to another person).

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
Ooh this looks nice. And I am quite happy about the title/duty being passed on to Shuri. She was always portrayed as very pure of heart. She comes with very few accessories and a very simple base so maybe the price will be more attractive than certain other offerings. That new head sculpt will likely be gorgeous.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Diana wrote:Ooh this looks nice. And I am quite happy about the title/duty being passed on to Shuri. She was always portrayed as very pure of heart. She comes with very few accessories and a very simple base so maybe the price will be more attractive than certain other offerings. That new head sculpt will likely be gorgeous.

Yeah, I'm curious to see how that new HS will turn out. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Looks good. Way over priced if you ask me, given there is not unmasked portrait (as far as i  know?).

Edit: I just read this comment:
GubernatorFan wrote:So they promise an unmasked head but they don't show it, even blurred. Smile Otherwise, looks good. The suit creases up in an unsightly manner in some poses, but the articulation would be my priority, so no biggie from my point of view.

Maybe Hot Toys cannot show the unmasked portrait until the movie drops.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
ukshaun wrote:Looks good. Way over priced if you ask me, given there is not unmasked portrait (as far as i  know?).

Edit: I just read this comment:
GubernatorFan wrote:So they promise an unmasked head but they don't show it, even blurred. Smile Otherwise, looks good. The suit creases up in an unsightly manner in some poses, but the articulation would be my priority, so no biggie from my point of view.

Maybe Hot Toys cannot show the unmasked portrait until the movie drops.

Totally makes sense in this case that they could not show an unmasked portrait until the movie drops.  That happens often anyway, with Licensor Approval etc, but this one is all the way into super-secrecy about even WHO the new Panther is (we can guess).

The question is, do we really know for sure that there will be an unmasked sculpt?  As opposed to how Hot Toys didn't provide an unmasked Boseman until the double-dip second time around?  Technically there's no promise here of an unmasked head.

We have two things to go on.  First the Promo Pic says "New Head Sculpt Coming Soon."  -- but that could be just an alternate mask, or a battle damaged one, or something.  What we mostly have to go on is "SPECIAL FEATURES NEWLY CRAFTED MASKED HEAD WITH DETAILED PATTERNS; NEWLY DEVELOPED HEAD SCULPT WITH HIGHLY-ACCURATE FACIAL EXPRESSION AND SKIN TEXTURE".  Hopefully "Facial Expression and Skin Texture" means an actual unmasked portrait. but it could also be a battle damaged mask with some partial face exposure, or such.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Edited to add: Yep, a quick check on Wikipedia indicates it is indeed his sister Shuri who becomes his successor as queen and panther. And this is apparently based on the comics, not just the new movie (which I assume is doing the same thing, more or less). I was also happy to discover that the moniker of the superhero was established before it acquired the dubious political associations.

You may find this link interesting on the various ways they danced around that name issue:   https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/black-panther-flashback-tchalla-became-black-leopard-1185811/

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:You may find this link interesting on the various ways they danced around that name issue:   https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/black-panther-flashback-tchalla-became-black-leopard-1185811/
Thanks for the link. Boy, they didn't just discuss dancing around the name issue, they themselves danced around the problem, sugarcoating it to the point of being unrecognizable. But anyway, we're staying out of politics here. I read a reference to the brief "Black Leopard" name substitution on Wikipedia too. By the way, a black panther (certainly in an African -- and Asian -- context) is actually a black leopard. Smile In an American context, it would be a black jaguar.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum