OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Origini dei giganti mutanti

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Origini dei giganti mutanti Empty Origini dei giganti mutanti Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:56 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
In humble hommage to Ovy's far more artistic work (here), and in the grand tradition of prequels being inferior to the originals...

It has to start small, right?

Origini dei giganti mutanti Aas0110
Origini dei giganti mutanti Aas0210
Origini dei giganti mutanti Aas0310
Origini dei giganti mutanti Aas0410

And they thought this was the end of that...

2Origini dei giganti mutanti Empty Re: Origini dei giganti mutanti Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:05 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ha! Inspired choices of characters for this little vignette. Nicely done.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Origini dei giganti mutanti C8485110

3Origini dei giganti mutanti Empty Re: Origini dei giganti mutanti Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:36 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Ha! Inspired choices of characters for this little vignette. Nicely done.
Thank you very much! I'm delighted you liked it. How's that Aragorn? Smile

4Origini dei giganti mutanti Empty Re: Origini dei giganti mutanti Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:05 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
A great haul! and now crab meat for lunch, sounds good to me!

5Origini dei giganti mutanti Empty Re: Origini dei giganti mutanti Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:38 am

Ovy

Ovy
You sir are a great person with a beautiful mind. That's a great idea and beautifully choreographed fight scene. Here we can already see early hints to the survival techniques of the Mediterrans: How she traps the Monster with the folding chair and he pierces it with the umbrella mirrors later two person tactics were one hunter uses defensive oyster shields to lure the Crab into a pit trap, opening an opportunity for the second hunter to land a deadly blow into the soft parts with his spear.

I always thought of the 'heroes' involved in the important plot points all die, but the competent background characters like these two make their way and create the new societies. And in the end the giant crabs were a neglectable problem when the pandemic hit and nearly wiped out humanity. (That last bit somehow sounded fresher in 2019)
Are they American tourists or is Aragorn from Spain? Btw I am creating/almost finished a brand new Mediterran character named after the old mythical land of California known from legend and song.

Origini dei Giganti Mutanti is a beautiful catchy title. Sadly the studio bosses decided for something that appeals to a broader audience:

Eurocalypse: Dawn of the Planet of the Age of Mutanti Giganti Awakening and thus Uprising: (also) Rise of the Mediterrans' Evolution Origins Chapter III First Blood 2 Part 1:  A New Beginning: The Last Summer Soldier Revelations: Into the Apocalypse 2026: Redemption of the First Crab Warrior Rising

6Origini dei giganti mutanti Empty Re: Origini dei giganti mutanti Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:55 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:A great haul! and now crab meat for lunch, sounds good to me!

Thank you very much. Although it is technically a scorpion, but they are cousins! Smile

Ovy wrote:You sir are a great person with a beautiful mind. That's a great idea and beautifully choreographed fight scene. Here we can already see early hints to the survival techniques of the Mediterrans: How she traps the Monster with the folding chair and he pierces it with the umbrella mirrors later two person tactics were one hunter uses defensive oyster shields to lure the Crab into a pit trap, opening an opportunity for the second hunter to land a deadly blow into the soft parts with his spear.

I always thought of the 'heroes' involved in the important plot points all die, but the competent background characters like these two make their way and create the new societies. And in the end the giant crabs were a neglectable problem when the pandemic hit and nearly wiped out humanity. (That last bit somehow sounded fresher in 2019)
Are they American tourists or is Aragorn from Spain? Btw I am creating/almost finished a brand new Mediterran character named after the old mythical land of California known from legend and song.

Origini dei Giganti Mutanti is a beautiful catchy title. Sadly the studio bosses decided for something that appeals to a broader audience:

Eurocalypse: Dawn of the Planet of the Age of Mutanti Giganti Awakening and thus Uprising: (also) Rise of the Mediterrans' Evolution Origins Chapter III First Blood 2 Part 1:  A New Beginning: The Last Summer Soldier Revelations: Into the Apocalypse 2026: Redemption of the First Crab Warrior Rising

LOL, I think the studio bosses title was designed long enough to make redundant any attempt at movie reviews. Smile I am delighted you approve of this humble hommage to your vision. Yes, every once in awhile, an idea that seemed perfectly theoretical and innocent a little while ago seems dreadfully too much on the nose today. I still haven't dared go back to my Gopniks, for example.
At first I thought they were just hanging out on set in New Zealand when they encountered the first, understated sign of the Mutant Giants... or maybe more plausibly they had gone on vacation to the Mediterranean, though deeply committed to method acting had not taken off their character make up. Smile 
I am glad to see you devising survival strategies for your own characters set during the proper period of the Eurocalypse era.
I look forward to your California-inspired warrior, and a whole slew of Crab Warriors. Smile

7Origini dei giganti mutanti Empty Re: Origini dei giganti mutanti Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:12 pm

davidd

davidd
For those who may be visiting this topic in the far-flung post-Eurocalyptic future, here is a link to the original post:

Corniglia in Liguria: https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6339-corniglia-in-liguria-11-22-22

(Having the proper background makes this current post even more amusing, IMHO.)

8Origini dei giganti mutanti Empty Re: Origini dei giganti mutanti Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:36 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:For those who may be visiting this topic in the far-flung post-Eurocalyptic future, here is a link to the original post:

Corniglia in Liguria: https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6339-corniglia-in-liguria-11-22-22

(Having the proper background makes this current post even more amusing, IMHO.)
Thank you very much.
And I hope you realize I had already posted that link.

9Origini dei giganti mutanti Empty Re: Origini dei giganti mutanti Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:50 am

Illusion

Illusion
ah Laughing Laughing Laughing
so hilarious and entertaining once again.

Thanks for your wealth of ideas AND their immediate realization into 1:6

Indefatigable people like you (and Ovy ...) can significantly brighten a day.

10Origini dei giganti mutanti Empty Re: Origini dei giganti mutanti Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:28 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
LOL, nicely done homage, GF! I love that you made this prequel/tie-in to Ovy's 'verse.

The use of beach umbrella and chairs to fight it off is inspired. Looks like they managed to make short work of it, though I'm guessing others in their era will not be so lucky.  ;p

I was momentarily distracted by my surprise at a) how good Aragorn looks Cool , and b) the fact that the Arwen head fits on the smaller body. Would not have guessed it would work so well with it.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

11Origini dei giganti mutanti Empty Re: Origini dei giganti mutanti Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:47 am

Diana

Diana
Hahah! Awesome! Thank you for a good laugh! Very Happy

12Origini dei giganti mutanti Empty Re: Origini dei giganti mutanti Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:32 am

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:

Embarassed Errr... no, in fact, I had completely overlooked the fairly obvious, and parenthetically enhanced, link at the top of the original post, hence my reposting.

I must have been distracted by the epic battle for the beachhead, knowing that the very fate of the future was hanging in the balance.

Shocked

So... I wonder, did the holiday-makers go ahead with their picnic after dispatching the intruder? Indeed, did the crustacean... or arachnid... or whatever it was toast up nicely over a campfire?

13Origini dei giganti mutanti Empty Re: Origini dei giganti mutanti Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:51 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
So very cool! Great pics, Ian!
We should have a little "Crabmania" fan festival. That would be crabtastic!

14Origini dei giganti mutanti Empty Re: Origini dei giganti mutanti Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:30 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, I meant to ask, what fabric did you use for the 'sand'?

15Origini dei giganti mutanti Empty Re: Origini dei giganti mutanti Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:54 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Illusion wrote:ah Laughing Laughing Laughing
so hilarious and entertaining once again.

Thanks for your wealth of ideas AND their immediate realization into 1:6

Indefatigable people like you (and Ovy ...) can significantly brighten a day.

Thank you very much, I'm delighted you enjoyed it. And the same kind words certainly apply to your own beautiful creations.

skywalkersaga wrote:LOL, nicely done homage, GF! I love that you made this prequel/tie-in to Ovy's 'verse.

The use of beach umbrella and chairs to fight it off is inspired. Looks like they managed to make short work of it, though I'm guessing others in their era will not be so lucky.  ;p

I was momentarily distracted by my surprise at a) how good Aragorn looks Cool , and b) the fact that the Arwen head fits on the smaller body. Would not have guessed it would work so well with it.

Thank you, Sky, I'm so glad you liked this little piece of goofery. Yes, later mutant turned out increasingly large and unmanageable. Smile
And I'm glad you liked both Aragorn and Arwen. Aragorn is actually a cast of the ACI Aragorn head that Stryker convinced me is the best likeness (after I got this, I finally managed to buy the real head, at a ridiculous price); so I painted the cast from scratch, haired it, and (in my first and not altogether pleasant experience) used water decals for the eyes. So, you liking him, is the greatest of compliments. (I've done some more adjustment, to make the head sit lower on the neck, but have yet to see how it plays out.)
Arwen is just the first official Arwen head on an S25B body; I did drill a slightly deeper hole with a Dremel to make the head sit just a little lower and more securely on the neck. A little piece of thin foamy bent around the neck peg makes the fit more snug (otherwise it would wobble a bit).

Diana wrote:Hahah! Awesome! Thank you for a good laugh! Very Happy

You are very welcome. I'm glad it had the desired effect of entertaining.

davidd wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:

Embarassed   Errr... no, in fact, I had completely overlooked the fairly obvious, and parenthetically enhanced, link at the top of the original post, hence my reposting.

I must have been distracted by the epic battle for the beachhead, knowing that the very fate of the future was hanging in the balance.

Shocked

So... I wonder, did the holiday-makers go ahead with their picnic after dispatching the intruder? Indeed, did the crustacean... or arachnid... or whatever it was toast up nicely over a campfire?

No problem. Yes, they totally consumed their prey. But I'm not yet ready to stage that stage of the affair. Smile

Randam Hajile wrote:So very cool! Great pics, Ian!
We should have a little "Crabmania" fan festival. That would be crabtastic!

Thank you very much, Ralf, I'm delighted you liked it. It is one of those bone-color scorpion skeletons they sell for Halloween here in the US (they sell the skeletons of other animals too); only the tail is articulated. I painted it to resemble an actual red and black scorpion (though I've since realized there were more details to replicate).

skywalkersaga wrote:Oh, I meant to ask, what fabric did you use for the 'sand'?
It is, if I remember correctly, "flour sack cloth" I found years ago at Hobby Lobby. I think this:
https://www.hobbylobby.com/Yarn-Needle-Art/Cross-Stitch/Fabric-Blanks/Tea-Dye-Flour-Sack-Kitchen-Towels---28%22-x-28%22/p/80642438
Unless you need footprints, it makes do for some scenes. I place cotton balls (or parts thereof) under it to create an uneven surface.
There are other solutions, of course: kinetic sand (it loves TPE skin, and TPE skin hates it), sand-surface paper for architectural models, sand-image-printed paper sheets. But this was most handy at the moment.
PS: I'm trying to find a moment to get you a comparison of the Anakin heads. Will post in the Nelvaan thread.

16Origini dei giganti mutanti Empty Re: Origini dei giganti mutanti Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:15 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That flour sack cloth is perfect for sand.

Your ACI Aragorn looks good. I’m waiting to see the full reveal of the InArt Aragorn to see if someone FINALLY got Virgo’s likeness even better; I really hope so, since even the ACI isn’t perfect — it’s just better than all the other versions by Asmus.

17Origini dei giganti mutanti Empty Re: Origini dei giganti mutanti Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:37 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:That flour sack cloth is perfect for sand.

Your ACI Aragorn looks good. I’m waiting to see the full reveal of the InArt Aragorn to see if someone FINALLY got Virgo’s likeness even better; I really hope so, since even the ACI isn’t perfect — it’s just better than all the other versions by Asmus.

The head that was done by Shane Poole looked good to me. But I guess that one is not exactly available anymore...

And GF -- thanks for the name of the fabric, and good job on the Aragorn head Smile

18Origini dei giganti mutanti Empty Re: Origini dei giganti mutanti Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:24 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks for the entertainment ! Laughing This is not a beach for to relax in the sun ! There are need some warning signs. The Two are a great couple in every setting.

19Origini dei giganti mutanti Empty Re: Origini dei giganti mutanti Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:04 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:That flour sack cloth is perfect for sand.

Thank you very much! I'm glad my easy solution and my blank head cast customization worked. Do we have the InArt Aragorn here, I am losing track of things and couldn't find it with a google search.

skywalkersaga wrote:And GF -- thanks for the name of the fabric, and good job on the Aragorn head Smile
Thank you again. And welcome. Smile

Ephiane wrote:Thanks for the entertainment ! Laughing This is not a beach for to relax in the sun ! There are need some warning signs. The Two are a great couple in every setting.
You're very welcome, thank you for being entertained. That's why I do it, you know. Well, I hope they could relax after this first little victory in the war against the mutant giants. But more would surely follow...
Glad you liked them.

20Origini dei giganti mutanti Empty Re: Origini dei giganti mutanti Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:49 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
It's just a sand flea they are harmless. Origini dei giganti mutanti 1f606
I like the victory pose at the end, but I wouldn't touch that thing with a ten foot pole if it were real.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Origini dei giganti mutanti 1f60e

21Origini dei giganti mutanti Empty Re: Origini dei giganti mutanti Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:18 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The InArt Aragorn was only seen momentarily at some show in Las Vegas, and then “removed”. All that’s out there are a couple of fairly bad phone pics; they can be seen at The Freaks, but I have no idea where else they might be.

22Origini dei giganti mutanti Empty Re: Origini dei giganti mutanti Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:26 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Typical Ian comedy with the heads - Aragorn and Arwen at the beach.Smile Already great - but the nod to the giant crabs is just great! Well done

23Origini dei giganti mutanti Empty Re: Origini dei giganti mutanti Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:18 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:It's just a sand flea they are harmless.  Origini dei giganti mutanti 1f606
I like the victory pose at the end, but I wouldn't touch that thing with a ten foot pole if it were real.
Well, that might show more sense than they have, apparently! Smile

Stryker2011 wrote:The InArt Aragorn was only seen momentarily at some show in Las Vegas, and then “removed”. All that’s out there are a couple of fairly bad phone pics; they can be seen at The Freaks, but I have no idea where else they might be.
Thanks for explaining. Won't hold my breadth, but something to keep in mind.

Valiarde wrote:Typical Ian comedy with the heads - Aragorn and Arwen at the beach.Smile  Already great - but the nod to the giant crabs is just great! Well done
Thanks, Simon, I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum