OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

MeMyself&I

Anastasiia wrote:
MeMyself&I wrote:
These pics are on the AT201

Beautiful pics! I have a question for you: how did you put the neck connector on the Worldbox body? I had to put some force to put the connector on but it still isn't very secure. And the head can't tilt to sides. Is this normal or am I doing somethin wrong?

Thanks!

And to answer your questions, I used a heat gun (hair dryer is fine too) on the connector. You only need a few seconds. Then it’ll go on much easier. That said, yeah, not a lot of tilting will be happening with that connector, either on the AT201 or a TBLeague. Just not something it’s designed to do I think.

csyeung

For the most part the original heads are usually much better painted. Although over the years the gap between KO quality have gotten better. A lot of fellow collectors here have taken the bullet and bought the KO's to compare with the original so it's a good resource to check for comparison. It's usually better though to see if the final product is close enough for the price difference as a lot of these KO companies will advertise the original product. For example, I've been looking at the scarlet witch head , for example, from wandavision by buzz toys. You can find it on ebay and ali. The advertising photos are clearly from the Hot toys official head but the final, (there are a few pics floating around now) you can see it lacks a lot of the skin texture. However, an original on ebay is 200 and the buzz toys is about 30 bucks. If you are just trying stuff and customizing head and /or plan to try some painting/hairing, the cheaper KO is a good choice to experiment on or practice with before you commit to an original head. Also I do find the KO tend to be a different size, usually smaller cause some tend to recast them. However some just use the same digital files I think and there may not be size differences.

Rule of thumb on KOs in 1/6 is if the price looks too cheap, then it's most likely a KO. Sellers in 1/6 will mark up an original as a rule of thumb. Like the Scarlet witch head is at 200. Add 70ish bucks and you can get the whole figure from retailers.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
So complicated. Add to this factory extras or unauthorized additional runs, with possibly less quality control, and the line gets really blurred.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Diana

Gaia wrote:
How do people view the knock off versions in this hobby? Depends on the hobby it's a big NO-NO (like BJD dolls), while other hobbies from what i read are ok when manufacturers are big companies (Blythe dolls). I try to stick with the rules of each hobby Smile

I recommend using your own value system to determine across all hobbies how you want to deal with knockoffs.

I personally will always buy an original if it is available. In all honesty it won't come down to the additional 10-30 bucks as to whether I can afford it or not. And saying "I'm only willing to spend up to 30 bucks for a head and therefore I'm getting the KO instead of not getting it at all" is no good reason either. 

The only time I'll get a KO is if the original is no longer available, or only available from resellers at double/triple the price. The latter I am still torn about, because a part of me thinks that the business strategy is disgusting. On the other hand the market is all about supply and demand and an item is worth what people are willing to pay for it... 

So matter of fact I only ever bought one KO (Tariah) and it was of terrible quality, fell apart and I'm not doing it again. Laughing

davidd

davidd
This is an interesting discussion about original heads compared to knock-off heads, although it has veered away from the original topic. I like that this forum allows conversations that flow naturally without having a hardline attitude about remaining on-topic.

Gaia

Gaia
Yeah, it's probably a knock off then. Tbh looking at the picture comparison @Anastasiia posted now I kinda regret not having gotten an original. I'll look again into those original sites and messaging if they still have any in stock. The original looks much better, although the KO also looks good, i'd have preferred with less makeup and darker brows like the original, i wonder why they don't try to really match the KOs?

I see so many beautiful heads on Ali, but now my brain keeps saying it's all KO (even though there are some official stores there like JIAOU - they say they're official at least - and their products are much more expensive than the other ones.

@csyeung do you have any video comparisons, i'd love to see!

I actually want to modify them, but if I really like the KO version as it is i'll keep it. I bought some clear heads too, without hair, so i can paint and modify without guilt. (no separate eye piece on those ones though). These are the two heads I bought, I'd post the links here but I don't recall if I can or not from the rules. If anyone wants let me know. There's a product like a sealing that can be used to make eyes and lips have a certain gloss, looks very natural, so that's what i'm going to attempt.

NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 O66c2MH
NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 WnfhS5M

@Diana about KOs, i'm just starting and figured buying an original and being charged $60 (its price) + $60 or more in taxes due to my country's laws, for a head, right now i don't see a reason to pay $120 on it. I do want to buy an original, but if I do I can't send it here, i'll have to send it abroad and get it later. About buying KO when an original is no longer available, i understand because i really want to buy some dolls that aren't being currently produced, but it's very frowned upon in this other hobby, so not to take the risk i bought myself an original one but another model (a beautiful 1/4 bjd). I bought a KO Tariah too!!! :O now i'm scared! Let's see how she's gonna be!

@davidd the question is very interesting, and i can't really answer and i look for this forum specifically to get help with that. Even the photos the seller sent me from the product itself looked so good i couldn't tell if it was a KO or OG. I'm glad they were honest. I think first of all we should ask them, i've had already 2 answering, they don't say "it's a fake", they'll either but an embarrassed emoji when you ask or say something like "this is a cheaper version of the head you want manufactured in China". I think also buying at websites that only sell originals is a good approach. I have no experience about the parted out case, but with Licca chan doll for example, they are manufactured in China now. I bought two heads that didn't pass QA, one has a dark tiny dot behind the ear, and the other i honestly have no idea what's her defect, it could be the feel of her hair (those doll's hairs are held with glue inside their heads, and sometimes it can leak outside, it will even with dolls that pass QA, but overtime). The two bodies as well, one has just a dot, and the other has a bit of glue on the shoulder. But otherwise they're perfect. Even the hair can be fixed with proper products. Those are things that would have ended up in the trash, but they're original, so the workers pick them up and sell on the side for an extra buck.

And yes in general i've been seeing too many US based stores that seem like fronts for chinese stores (could also be dropshipping, extremely common! One of those 1/6 figures stores on ali even has listed on their front page they are willing to do that for you). So when there's a reseller dropshipping from a reseller the price goes up cause they want their profit (even when it's a knock off)

I don't know how the forum works, but maybe a mod can create a new thread and move the conversations there? I don't know if it's possible

edit: a few typos, but there are others i didn't fix

csyeung

csyeung
i don't have any videos Gaia but i can show some pictures.

So this is the buzz toys scarlet i was mentioning (pics from ebay)

These are in hand shots from the seller

NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 S-l16012
NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 S-l16011
NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 S-l16013

This was is the advertised promo
NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 S-l16014

This is my personal in hand of official hot toys scarlet

NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 Dsc06911

You can see that the paint work is less detailed. In the hot toys version, the beauty spots and textures of the skin is more detailed.

Here is another example, verycool miss spetznaz.

Here is picture of the official product

NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 Dsc00212

Here is the picture of the KO i grabbed recently. The skin tone is more uniform and the paintwork is less subtle. It's still very good though i think. I grabbed one for a possible custom and was really interested in seeing the difference.

NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 Dsc00211

Here they are side by side.

NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 Dsc00213

The head i have in my profile is a KO. I missed out on the official version. I think it came with a body but wasn't available from the retailers I was shopping from at the time.

Gaia

Gaia
csyeung wrote:i don't have any videos Gaia but i can show some pictures.

Thank you for the photos! It was great seeing the comparisons!

About Hot Toys Scarlett I can see how in the original one her skin also looks more alive. The one on the vendor's hand looks very pale, and from the promos that's not her true skin color.

About miss spetznaz, i find the original and the ko so similar! In the last photo the KO is the left one and the original on the right? I saw today her KO head being sold for $7-ish :O (ali is in another big sale even right now, started today go on for 4 days iirc, if you want the link let me know!) - edit: now the price is $10! D:

sav

Hi, I had similar doubts about the I8-H003.  

I found this post on bbs.bbicn.com (translated by Google)

Some customers have reported that some merchants on ALIEXPRESS and eBay are selling a large amount of inventory of i8Toys' products that have been shipped, such as "I8-H003 Xiaoqi YUKI", and continue to receive orders or the prices are lower than the market retail price.

I8Toys products have always been pre-sold only. After the pre-sale period, they will stop accepting orders. For products that have been shipped, they will not re-take orders or restock.
Since our products are for pre-sale, the products will be delivered to players through sellers soon after shipment, and some sellers will have a small amount of inventory.
If a merchant has a large inventory of I8Toys products that have been shipped or is taking pre-sale orders, then this merchant must be a scammer.

I8Toys products are shipped from China to overseas merchants. We will have a recommended retail price for each product.
In addition to the same price for overseas merchants compared with domestic merchants, transportation costs will increase.
For example, if players ship to overseas merchants or only sell to overseas players If the retail price marked by a seller is lower than the market retail price, then this merchant must be a liar.

The pictures are some of the scammers we found on the Internet. Due to too many, we cannot list them all.

If you have any questions about identifying the merchant, you can send us the merchant link:
hello@i8toysdesign.com
and we will verify it.

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=399622&extra=page%3D1&_dsign=5ec20e52

sav

A bit of comparsion

NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 Pic-0210
NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 Pic-0310
NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 Pic-0111
NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 Pic-0411

Valiarde

Valiarde
That is a very helpful comparison. Thanks.
I prefer the original here, but I could see people even like the fake better. It is often a matter of personal taste.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the comparisons, Sav. Interesting, usually knockoffs tend to be smaller, this looks slightly larger. I'm glad to see even the fake sports movable eyes and seems high quality.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
The fake isn’t bad at all, but I can’t get past that “deer in headlights” look she has. I also see it doesn’t come with the neck adapter for the smaller neck pegs. It’s a great addition, and is needed if you plan on using a body with the smaller neck peg.

Anastasiia

Anastasiia
After I8toys released the statement aboout fake heads, I've notised that all of them vanished from AliExpress. At least the ones that had the original naming

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yep, I can now confirm that mine is a high quality fake. Same sticker as in the fake pics, no alternate neck connector and no adjustment tube for the eyeball pegs. The eyes were very difficult to get moving, I thought they had glued them in place. But eventually I was able to take them out, pop them back in, and then they moved fine.

Gaia

Gaia
Mine has arrived, and the other heads and bodies as well!

Thank you for the photos comparison! It was great seeing them, i will one day buy a legitimate Yuki! (I will want to know which body to use too, one that doesn't look so big since her head seems to be smaller than the KO i have and her current body already looks to big for her)

My Yuki is also a high quality KO, i haven't managed to move her eyes yet, and the magnet on Yuki's head also fell the moment I opened her head, I've already glued it but it's not very strong, her scalp falls easily.

Alright so first is Yuki's head. She came in a box just like the KO box that was posted earlier in the comparison pictures.

NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 Img_2014

This is the box of the 3rd body that arrived. I don't know if it's original but i paid more for it than the other 2 bodies I'll post later. The quality is evident.

NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 Img_2015

Excellent packaging, came with that head piece that i don't know how to use. Lots of extra hands too. When you open the box, it has a delicious perfume (unfortunately i seem to be allergic to this specific one for some reason)

NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 Img_2012

Yuki head on the body. It's a good realistic body although I find the shoulders a bit too wide for her, and her feet are not very feminine, the hands also look a bit big/chubby.

NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 Img_2016

She's wearing the only dress I bought that managed to fit her. I bought other clothes too but they're either too big or too small. But that's ok cause i'm gonna sew some clothes for her myself.

NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 Img_2017

And last but not least, the other 1/6 figure things I bought. Those two bodies I got for very cheap, and they are really good, and pose great - better than the pricier one (for example, the pricier one is stiffer, heavier, but also seem to not bend the legs 90 degrees to sit, while the cheaper can easily) ! I would have preferred if the torso wasn't silicone though, all 3 bodies have silicone torsos, but the cheaper ones bother me a bit on the butt (Anybody knows a good body like this that doesn't have silicone parts? I didn't like it much) I'm having a hard time placing hands and feet on these as well. It's clearly not as detailed/pretty as the other body, these cost around $10 each, the other was around $40. The head that's placed on the right body fits well, but i cant press much otherwise she will have an even smaller neck (half what's there). That head was cheap, $16 tops, so probably also a KO. I don't like it that her hair came a bit glued, probably to keep the hairstyle. Also she only has hair on the top of her head, so i can't give her different styles like a ponytail... Blondie has no body that fits her head, the circle inside is too small for those bodies so if anyone knows a body that her head will fit i appreciate it, i can't let her be without a body! Also blondie's hair is very soft and high quality, and has full scalp of hair, i can give her a ponytail! Maybe other hair styles too. Left head fit EXCELLENT on the body, didn't try the other blank one on the bodies yet. And the underwear seems to be too small for those bodies, i don't wanna stretch it too much.

NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 Img_2018

Well that's it for now! I definitely loved these dolls, and although the Yuki head looks pretty (the prettiest of all, unfortunately the camera didn't do her justice), I have found out in this case i think I would have liked an original more - if i could find a smaller body for her.

rootleaf

rootleaf
GubernatorFan wrote:Yep, I can now confirm that mine is a high quality fake. Same sticker as in the fake pics, no alternate neck connector and no adjustment tube for the eyeball pegs. The eyes were very difficult to get moving, I thought they had glued them in place. But eventually I was able to take them out, pop them back in, and then they moved fine.

Received mine too. I had the same experience - the eyeballs seemed like they were glued tight and I did not want to break them but with some heat from a heat gun I managed to get them going. It's too bad that the fakes are gone. They're actually good knock-offs.

The fake head is on the left and the real one is on the right:
NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 Fuji1815

Gaia

Gaia
rootleaf wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Yep, I can now confirm that mine is a high quality fake. Same sticker as in the fake pics, no alternate neck connector and no adjustment tube for the eyeball pegs. The eyes were very difficult to get moving, I thought they had glued them in place. But eventually I was able to take them out, pop them back in, and then they moved fine.

Received mine too. I had the same experience - the eyeballs seemed like they were glued tight and I did not want to break them but with some heat from a heat gun I managed to get them going. It's too bad that the fakes are gone. They're actually good knock-offs.

NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 Fuji1815

Is this the Jiaou teenage body? It's perfect for her! They don't have a matching skin color anymore, sadly. The few stores that told me they had on Ali i was afraid to buy from.

The vendor who sold me mine said he still has some, also i've seen the KO for sale as well on either Amazon or Ebay, after they were deleted from Ali they remained on those websites (last i checked)

rootleaf

rootleaf
Gaia wrote:
Is this the Jiaou teenage body? It's perfect for her! They don't have a matching skin color anymore, sadly. The few stores that told me they had on Ali i was afraid to buy from.

The vendor who sold me mine said he still has some, also i've seen the KO for sale as well on either Amazon or  Ebay, after they were deleted from Ali they remained on those websites (last i checked)

Yes, it is the Jiaou JOQ-19B-YS. The "YS" is the normal pale skin. I also have a JOQ-19B-BS01 which is the light tan. I got mine from Arzoyo Action Figure Store on AliExpress for around $38 each. I agree, these bodies are perfect for the i8toys i8-H003. I anticipate that the upcoming i8-H004 (Mandy) head sculpt will fit perfectly also. We shall see.

Gaia

Gaia
rootleaf wrote:
Gaia wrote:

The vendor who sold me mine said he still has some, also i've seen the KO for sale as well on either Amazon or  Ebay, after they were deleted from Ali they remained on those websites (last i checked)

Yes, it is the Jiaou JOQ-19B-YS. The "YS" is the normal pale skin. I also have a JOQ-19B-BS01 which is the light tan. I got mine from Arzoyo Action Figure Store on AliExpress for around $38 each. I agree, these bodies are perfect for the i8toys i8-H003. I anticipate that the upcoming i8-H004 (Mandy) head sculpt will fit perfectly also. We shall see.

I'll try to see if I find a YS body available. This is the one in those pictures?

i8-H004 face is adorable! I already decided I'm gonna buy one with the piggy tails! Very Happy

Also i've been wondering which body is used on there i8toys heads, does anybody know? Looks similar to mine, but doesn't seem to have silicone? I want this!

NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 Pre-sa10

rootleaf

rootleaf
Gaia wrote:
rootleaf wrote:
Gaia wrote:

I'll try to see if I find a YS body available. This is the one in those pictures?

i8-H004 face is adorable! I already decided I'm gonna buy one with the piggy tails! Very Happy

Yep, the two bodies in the photo are the JOQ-19B-YS.

Giantoy is already sold out of their pre-orders for the i8-H004, which tells you that this will be another popular head sculpt!

rootleaf

rootleaf
Gaia wrote:
rootleaf wrote:
Gaia wrote:

Also i've been wondering which body is used on there i8toys heads, does anybody know? Looks similar to mine, but doesn't seem to have silicone? I want this!

NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 Pre-sa10

That would most likely be the Worldbox AT202 in the promo photo of the i8-H004 head.

Anastasiia

Anastasiia
Gaia wrote:

That's Worldbox AT202, so it also has a soft torso. The advantages of the soft torso against the plastic one is additional flexibility as the silicone part covers internal joints. For example, you can bend the neck on the Worldbox body a little bit, which you couldn't do if it was hard plastic. But beware: these bodies are highly susceptible to staining from clothes, so it's best to soak the clothes before puting them on Smile

As for the unpainted heads you bought, these are not action figures. They are from fashion dolls called Mengf, there are bodies for them on Ali.

Anastasiia

Anastasiia
rootleaf wrote:

Can the hair pieces be exchanged between the original and the fake one?

rootleaf

rootleaf
Anastasiia wrote:
Can the hair pieces be exchanged between the original and the fake one?

Yes, but be aware! I just noticed this myself, the polarity of the magnets in the neck connectors and hairpieces of the fake are different from the neck connectors and hairpieces of the original. Easy fix is to make sure that the neck connector of the head follows the hair piece.

Here they are with the hair swapped out...
NEW PRODUCT: i8TOYS "Xiaoqi Yuki" Movable Eyeball Head Sculpture (I8-H003) - Page 4 Fuji1817

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice comparisons and body matching all around.

Diana

Diana

Gaia

Gaia
Diana wrote:I would always go with a TBL body. ^^

Here are a couple of photos I found here on a quick search:

On the petite S24A:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6390p20-new-product-i8toys-xiaoqi-yuki-movable-eyeball-head-sculpture-i8-h003#99766

And the S48A (not petite, but still gorgeous!):
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6390p20-new-product-i8toys-xiaoqi-yuki-movable-eyeball-head-sculpture-i8-h003#100130

So nice! Thanks! What is the experience you have with the hands? Do they bend? Do they come with extra hands?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Gaia wrote:
Diana wrote:I would always go with a TBL body. ^^

Here are a couple of photos I found here on a quick search:

On the petite S24A:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6390p20-new-product-i8toys-xiaoqi-yuki-movable-eyeball-head-sculpture-i8-h003#99766

And the S48A (not petite, but still gorgeous!):
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6390p20-new-product-i8toys-xiaoqi-yuki-movable-eyeball-head-sculpture-i8-h003#100130

So nice! Thanks! What is the experience you have with the hands? Do they bend? Do they come with extra hands?
The fingers on the hands do not bend (besides whatever flexibility there is to the plastic mold). With boxed TBLeague female bodies you get generally three pairs of hands: relaxed, knife grip, and gun grip.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum