OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hitomi (DOA) Custom

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hitomi (DOA) Custom Empty Hitomi (DOA) Custom Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:20 am

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Hey folks, I have part 2/2 of new customs for you all. I am going to have two separate threads here, the first being Honoka (DOA) Custom, mostly for ease of finding.

As you may know, I am in the process of making my fav characters from the Dead or Alive series of video games. I have so far done Kasumi (which was my biggest project (figure and diorama) and is my favorite by a wide margin) and Ayane (who got my second diorama). I mentioned, I think in the Kasumi thread, that Honoka (posted here), Hitomi and Kokoro would be coming at some point. Well, it is time for Hitomi!

If you would like to learn about the character, here is the wiki page: https://deadoralive.fandom.com/wiki/Hitomi

Details of the figure

- The body is a TBL S07C
- The head sculpt is a custom, 3D printed head, printed by me on a Anycubic Mono 4K resin printer. Source file came directly from the game.
- The painting and hair were done by me, as well as the tank top. The jeans and shoes are from eBay, and the bra/panties/stockings (the panties/stockings are not seen) are from MCC Toys and ebay.
- The belt is leather, with shiny accents added by me.
- The eyes use decals (thanks Gub and Stryker for the info that was even a thing!) and UV resin for the top coat.
- The outfit is one of Hitomi's simplest, and best outfits: Jeans and a tank top. Of all the DOA characters, she is the most normal in how she dresses. If I coulda gotten her a green/white letterman jacket, I would have.
- Her hair is based on the bob cut style Hitomi has access to in game. Personally, I think that is her best hair style, so I ran with it to a point. I think it worked out well.
- Oh, and Hitomi is a training nut. Always working out.

Hitomi is my last custom for 2022. Kokoro will be sometime in January 2023, as all I have left is the hair to do for her.

Now for the pictures! (I apologize for any blurriness, my camera is having trouble focusing (these are the best out of some 100 photos -_-), and I think it is time to replace it).

Hitomi (DOA) Custom Img_6810
Hitomi (DOA) Custom Img_6812
Hitomi (DOA) Custom Img_6811
Hitomi (DOA) Custom Img_6915
Hitomi (DOA) Custom Img_6913
Hitomi (DOA) Custom Img_6914
Hitomi (DOA) Custom Img_6918
Hitomi (DOA) Custom Img_6917
Hitomi (DOA) Custom Img_6916
Hitomi (DOA) Custom Img_6919

She's basically a gym rat/always training, so had to have some fun. :p
Hitomi (DOA) Custom Img_6610
Hitomi (DOA) Custom Img_6611

2Hitomi (DOA) Custom Empty Re: Hitomi (DOA) Custom Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:57 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice custom. I'm glad you posed her in these character-appropriate poses.

3Hitomi (DOA) Custom Empty Re: Hitomi (DOA) Custom Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:25 am

Diana

Diana
Great figure! And what a great approach just using the 3D file of the game itself to create a head sculpt! Very Happy

The belt with those jeans and the Chucks, the white drop top with the black bra... Looks like something I might have worn fifteen years ago. Good times! Smile

4Hitomi (DOA) Custom Empty Re: Hitomi (DOA) Custom Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:28 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Another nice character, MM&I. She looks great — love the outfit.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hitomi (DOA) Custom C8485110

5Hitomi (DOA) Custom Empty Re: Hitomi (DOA) Custom Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:03 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Another well-made figure, can tell how much work must have gone into it. You have a signature style now with your paintjobs and hairstyles. And what fun poses!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

6Hitomi (DOA) Custom Empty Re: Hitomi (DOA) Custom Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:17 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
To be honest, i know nothing about the TV series.
I do like the one arm push-up pose.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

7Hitomi (DOA) Custom Empty Re: Hitomi (DOA) Custom Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:54 am

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice custom. I'm glad you posed her in these character-appropriate poses.

Thanks Gub! I will be updating with more action poses, but I am needing to finish painting some gloved hands first. Kinda shocked that just straight up gloved female fist (can't hold anything) hands aren't a readily available option. That or I am blind and just can't find where I put them. lol!

Diana wrote:Great figure! And what a great approach just using the 3D file of the game itself to create a head sculpt! Very Happy

The belt with those jeans and the Chucks, the white drop top with the black bra... Looks like something I might have worn fifteen years ago. Good times! Smile

Thanks! It's still a good bit of prep work doing the head that way, but so worth it. Plus I am not sculpting it, so it actually looks like the character!

Stryker2011 wrote:Another nice character, MM&I. She looks great — love the outfit.

Thanks! The second least involved outfit I've done! Ironically, the least involved outfit character (Kokoro) is taking awhile lol.

skywalkersaga wrote:Another well-made figure, can tell how much work must have gone into it. You have a signature style now with your paintjobs and hairstyles. And what fun poses!

Thank you Sky! Not going to lie, the fact that you say I have a signature style now makes me happy. Very Happy Very Happy

ukshaun wrote:To be honest, i know nothing about the TV series.

I wish this series had an anime, I really do, but alas it is only a game series. Maybe one day (does not hold out hope).

That one arm pushup pose was a breath away from her laying on her side like she's having a heart attack Shocked lol! I'm glad it turned out Smile

8Hitomi (DOA) Custom Empty Re: Hitomi (DOA) Custom Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:03 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
MeMyself&I wrote:
ukshaun wrote:To be honest, i know nothing about the TV series.

I wish this series had an anime, I really do, but alas it is only a game series. Maybe one day (does not hold out hope).

That one arm pushup pose was a breath away from her laying on her side like she's having a heart attack Shocked lol!  I'm glad it turned out Smile

Doh! i posted early this morning..
I know Dead or Alive is a video game. Admittedly i have never played a DOA game, although i do recall seeing screen shots from the PS4 version and came close to picking up the game.
As per always, Street Fighter has always been my thing when it comes to fighting games. Mortal Kombat taking the 2nd spot Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum