OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WORLD BOX AT020 and AT025 body comparison

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I have gotten a couple of new bodies to review, but before that, since the subject came up recently, I have dug up my World Box AT020 and AT025 bodies for a specific comparison. So here they are, side by side:

WORLD BOX AT020 and AT025 body comparison Wbxxxx10

WORLD BOX AT020 and AT025 body comparison Wbxxxx11

There is a slight difference in height, with AT020 being just a little taller (by 0.25 cm or so) than AT025. Much of the two bodies is actually exactly the same: the arms below the upper biceps cut, and the whole body below the mid-upper-torso cut. The upper torso is slightly different, and the main difference is in the shoulders and interior shoulder pieces: AT025's are designed to allow for a greater range of movement. This is achieved, but at the price of lesser sturdiness. There is one more difference, in the sculpt and size of the optional neck piece (see farther below).

WORLD BOX AT020 and AT025 body comparison Wbxxxx12

WORLD BOX AT020 and AT025 body comparison Wbxxxx13

WORLD BOX AT020 and AT025 body comparison Wbxxxx14

Here are all the optional pieces that the two bodies come with: slightly different neck pieces, exactly the same four sets of hands (relaxed, fist, trigger, and "knife"-holding). AT020 comes with 4 (for a total of 5) alternative neck joints; AT025 comes with only 1 (for a total of 2).

WORLD BOX AT020 and AT025 body comparison Wbxxxx17

Here is how the bodies work with neck-less heads using the provided neck pieces. A common issue with World Box bodies has been overly long necks, and this is still often an issue, although it could be mitigated by choosing different neck joints and especially different inside neck connections, allowing the heads to sit lower as needed. Using the neck pieces in particular might require heating up with a blow dryer or hot water.

WORLD BOX AT020 and AT025 body comparison Wbxxxx15

Here is how the bodies look with non-World Box heads that have integral necks.

WORLD BOX AT020 and AT025 body comparison Wbxxxx16

I hope this has been helpful.

#productreview #comparison #worldbox #body #at020 #at025

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Your reviews and comparison photos are *always* helpful, GF. Thanks for taking the time to do them. I had forgotten about these two bodies, but it's good to understand the differences between them finally. And of course, I like your choice of example heads in the final pic. Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Chip

I am a big fan of theses figures , but have in the past sadly had 3 or 4 world Box figures snap at the knee , on the first try at moving them , I was lucky that the sellers replaced them with no quibbles . I am very wary of the knee joints now , but other than that they are great figures . It`s definitely worth experimenting with the shorter neck posts you need to warm these up a lot , as I found they need a lot of force to remove , and from Ian`s post , you can see it`s worth trimming the necked figures necks down a touch , I tend to do this just below the Adams apple , probably taking off 3-5 mm . Dress them first just to be sure they need it . Also wear a mask when you do this , as I imagine the dust would be bad for you to breath in , and I have a good hoover up when I finished doing this . Great informative review as always Ian .

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’d be very careful about whether or not you actually get a “real” WorldBox body or one of the many knockoffs — which are junk. If you’re buying a $30 body, it’s not a real one, if it’s closer to $50-60, it’s more than likely the real thing. These are my favorite jointed bodies, and aside from the difficulty of changing out heads, I’ve never had an issue with joints, unless I’m buying the cheap knockoffs.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

WORLD BOX AT020 and AT025 body comparison C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I wasn't aware there were knock-offs of these, but I guess it's not surprising....there seem to be knock-offs of everything eventually. ;p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Your reviews and comparison photos are *always* helpful, GF. Thanks for taking the time to do them. I had forgotten about these two bodies, but it's good to understand the differences between them finally. And of course, I like your choice of example heads in the final pic. Very Happy

Thank you very much. They are very good options, especially when fully clothed up. Glad you liked the choice of example photos. Smile It was interesting for me, too, to figure out the exact extent of the difference.

Chip wrote:I am a big fan of theses figures , but have in the past sadly had 3 or 4 world Box figures snap at the knee , on the first try at moving them , I was lucky that the sellers replaced them with no quibbles . I am very wary of the knee joints now , but other than that they are great figures . It`s definitely worth experimenting with the shorter neck posts you need to warm these up a lot , as I found they need a lot of force to remove , and from Ian`s post , you can see it`s worth trimming the necked figures necks down a touch , I tend to do this just below the Adams apple , probably taking off 3-5 mm . Dress them first just to be sure they need it . Also wear a mask when you do this , as I imagine the dust would be bad for you to breath in , and I have a good hoover up when I finished doing this . Great informative review as always Ian .

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it. Of course, for many of us, we've had these for a while now, but new people have questions about them. Thank you for reminding me to include the desirability (or need) to heat up the neck pieces -- which is what I had to do myself. I've never run into a knee problem with these, so I wonder if Mark is not correct to suggest that perhaps you got your hands on a knock-off version. With the genuine bodies, one thing I am sometimes annoyed by is the combination of hefty bodies and occasionally weak ankle joints. If your neck opening on the head is wide enough, a shorter neck joint (peg) might do the job of lowering the head, without resorting to surgery. But there are usually several variables at play.

Stryker2011 wrote:I’d be very careful about whether or not you actually get a “real” WorldBox body or one of the many knockoffs — which are junk. If you’re buying a $30 body, it’s not a real one, if it’s closer to $50-60, it’s more than likely the real thing. These are my favorite jointed bodies, and aside from the difficulty of changing out heads, I’ve never had an issue with joints, unless I’m buying the cheap knockoffs.

Good reminder, I forgot to mention this.

Chip

I never took a lot of notice of that World Box mark on the back , I don`t remember seeing it on mine , but does not mean it was not there I will have to check that now ..... As I recall all my figures came in nice World Box boxes surround by foam cut outs with a foam lid . When you mention cost , are you talking now , or from a couple of years back ? I think I paid around £25 , I am not sure what that was in Dollars a couple of years ago .

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
In terms of US Dollar price, I think Mark is right, they were in the $50-60 range -- some of the more muscled newer ones were more.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Thanks for the nice review, Ian! This is very helpful. Their narrow-shoulder bodies are always neglected.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum