OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

doodlehobby

davidd wrote:
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:

The two viable choices are Toy Square in Toronto and Urban Samurai in the Vancouver area.  

Very helpful information! Thank you so much! I shall pass this along!

I see that both of these retailers have excellent websites and both are offering the Avatar figures for pre-sale. Thank you for the excellent suggestions.
Definitely stay away from American retailers if shopping from Canada. It'll end up being cheaper if it can be sourced locally. Shipping and duties can be hefty on high priced items. I bought from BBTS, Amazon.com, Sideshow, Chosen Prime, Toy Dojo... They are more costly. But I had no choice as the items I'm after are extremely hard and difficult to come by and these were the only retailers I got lucky with securing a PO.

In Canada, I use agesthreeandup.ca (located in BC; same entity as Urban Samurai Hobbies). This is my go to for Hot Toys/Sideshow stuff. They offer free shipping at $250. Considering how expensive Hot Toys stuff is you're guaranteed free shipping in most cases. They also give reward points which you can accumulate for discounts. They are priced in CAD so don't have to figure out exchange rates also which simplifies things.

Ovy

Looks really nicely detailed. It's clear that they didn't design the characters to become action figures. And I wonder if the Torso joint was really necessary. I'd just cover up the jointed areas with cloth and leather, for a custom Avatar but...

I have a confession to make.

I really, really don't like Avatar for some reason. But effects nice.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Ovy wrote:

Heretic! Just kidding. I was also impressed by the art and effects of the first movie, but there was also something of an uncanny valley to it, which can be off-putting. Also, I found it incredibly preachy. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Ovy

GubernatorFan wrote:
Ovy wrote:

Heretic! Just kidding. I was also impressed by the art and effects of the first movie, but there was also something of an uncanny valley to it, which can be off-putting. Also, I found it incredibly preachy. Smile

Ye I never watched it in Cinema, maybe I would have liked it better there. Didn't really connect with any character. And that neurological forced USB cable fusing with those poor animals is disturbing. But I don't think I will watch 2 in cinema. It has so many things I should like, oceans, diving, tribes people and mechsuits and pearls and explosions and sht. Maybe I'd watch a Pandora documentary over a drama.
To be honest of Camerons films I only really liked Aliens, and they were drawing a lot from established design. Titanic, I fell asleep before the fking Titanic hit the Iceberg (ok I was 7 and it was late). But enough about Cameron he is a great talented skilled filmmaker etc but we have different tastes.

Btw "Heretic" and "preachy", the first and last word of your post remind me of posting a new character from another SciFantasy-universe I really like but which has never been put into cinema yet.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Btw "Heretic" and "preachy", the first and last word of your post remind me of posting a new character from another SciFantasy-universe I really like but which has never been put into cinema yet.
Another Ovy installment? Looking forward to it. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum