OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER: NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD)

“This is not a squad. It’s a family” - Neytiri

Neytiri is one of the fiercest warriors Pandora has ever know, and she is always willing and ready to leap into combat to protect her husband, her children and her home.

Inspired by the highly-acclaimed movie – Avatar: The Way of Water, Hot Toys is introducing Neytiri as 1/6th scale collectible figure from the Movie Masterpiece series.

The greatly-detailed collectible figure stands about 44cm tall is skillfully crafted based on the appearance of Neytiri in Avatar: The Way of Water. Features a newly developed head sculpt with highly-detailed hair sculpture and fabric hair implantation, sculpted headpiece with feathers, delicate paint works capturing facial and body patterns with luminous reflective effects, carefully designed outfit with armbands, gauntlets all sculpted, iconic weapons and accessories such as dagger, arrow and bow.

Don’t miss out on the opportunity to recruit the Neytiri figure to your World of Pandora collection!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS685
PRODUCT NAMENEYTIRI
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 44CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS16
SPECIAL FEATURESSCREEN-ACCURATE FACIAL EXPRESSION WITH DETAILED SKIN TEXTURE AND FACIAL PATTERNS WITH LUMINOUS REFLECTIVE EFFECTS; HIGHLY-DETAILED BROWN BRAIDED HEAD SCULPTURE WITH FABRIC HAIR IMPLANTATION
PRODUCT RELEASE DATEAPPROXIMATELY Q1 – Q2, 2024
ARTISTS
The 1/6th scale Neytiri Collectible Figure’s special features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Neytiri in Avatar: The Way of Water
- One (1) newly developed head sculpt with headpiece and feather
- Screen-accurate facial expression with detailed skin texture and facial patterns with luminous reflective effects
- Highly-detailed brown braided head sculpture with fabric hair implantation
- Specialized body with over 16 points of articulations with bendable tail (wire embedded)
- Approximately 44cm tall
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of relax hands
- One (1) pair of accessory holding hands
- One (1) pair of arrow holding hands
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) crop top
- One (1) purple loincloth
- One (1) pair of brown colored forearm gauntlets

Weapons:
- One (1) bow
- Two (2) arrows
- One (1) dagger with sheath

Accessories:
- One (1) headset
- One (1) necklace
- One (1) right arm band
- One (1) right knee band
- Specially designed display base with character name

Release date: Approximately Q1 – Q2, 2024

*Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
**Luminous reflective effect can be activated by UV black light torch (not included)
***Product details can subject to change without further notice

TM & © 20th Century Studios
© 2023 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

(for some unknown reason, HT didn't post any less pics for either the standard or deluxe for Neytiri

AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER: NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (DELUXE VERSION)

“Sky People cannot learn, they do not see.” - Neytiri

Neytiri is an expert warrior, strong healer and now fulfills a new role as mother. As it becomes clear to Neytiri and Jake that the RDA have returned, she will do what she must to protect her clan, her home and her family.

Following the debut of Jake Sully figure, we are introducing a Deluxe Version of Neytiri 1/6th scale collectible figure with masterfully crafted LED light up diorama base (available with deluxe version only) inspired by the beautiful marine habitat of Pandora.

The greatly-detailed collectible figure stands about 44cm tall is skillfully crafted based on the appearance of Neytiri in Avatar: The Way of Water. Features a newly developed head sculpt with highly-detailed hair sculpture and fabric hair implantation, sculpted headpiece with feathers, delicate paint works capturing facial and body patterns with luminous reflective effects, carefully designed outfit with armbands, gauntlets all sculpted, iconic weapons and accessories such as dagger, arrow and bow.

In addition, the deluxe version includes a remarkable diorama base translating elements of Underwater World and colorful reefs with LED-light up function powered by USB, bringing the full display effect to a distinct level.

Reserve space for this amazing Neytiri figure from the World of Pandora!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS686
PRODUCT NAMENEYTIRI
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 44 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS16
SPECIAL FEATURESSCREEN-ACCURATE FACIAL EXPRESSION WITH DETAILED SKIN TEXTURE AND FACIAL PATTERNS WITH LUMINOUS REFLECTIVE EFFECTS; HIGHLY-DETAILED BROWN BRAIDED HEAD SCULPTURE WITH FABRIC HAIR IMPLANTATION
PRODUCT RELEASE DATEAPPROXIMATELY Q1 – Q2, 2024
ARTISTS
The 1/6th scale Neytiri Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version)’s special features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Neytiri in Avatar: The Way of Water
- One (1) newly developed head sculpt with headpiece and feather
- Screen-accurate facial expression with detailed skin texture and facial patterns with luminous reflective effects
- Highly-detailed brown braided head sculpture with fabric hair implantation
- Specialized body with over 16 points of articulations with bendable tail (wire embedded)
- Approximately 44 cm tall
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of relax hands
- One (1) pair of accessory holding hands
- One (1) pair of arrow holding hands
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) crop top
- One (1) purple loincloth
- One (1) pair of brown colored forearm gauntlets

Weapons:
- One (1) bow
- Two (2) arrows
- One (1) dagger with sheath

Accessories:
- One (1) headset
- One (1) necklace
- One (1) right arm band
- One (1) right knee band
- Specially designed World of Pandora themed diorama figure base with LED-light up function (power operated)***

*** Exclusive to Deluxe Version

Release date: Approximately Q1 – Q2, 2024

*Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
**Light up function operated using USB power
***USB connecting cable is not included for collectible, USB-C cable is required
****Luminous reflective effect can be activated by UV black light torch (not included)
*****Product details can subject to change without further notice

TM & © 20th Century Studios
© 2023 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 11895
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 21256
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 3850
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 4764
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 5692
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 6650
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 7623
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 8594
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 9574
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 10549
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 11896
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 12502
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 13474
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 14445
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 15416
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 16385
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 17351
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 18319
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 19280

#newproduct #HotToys #Avatar #WayofWater #Neytiri #female #movie #Sci-Fi

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I hate the lack of bicep articulation but damn, this is fantastic looking figure, same with Jake! I wish I had the budget for them - I’d love to sneak them into one of the glasshouses at my local botanic gardens for a photoshoot! 😂 I will say I much preferred her outfit from the first film and figure, this one’s a bit plain and not very intricate by comparison.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I had forgotten they already made a first version. It does look very good. Even for an open-jointed figure, although I'd think this would be a good example of something that would benefit from being seamless. Then again, this is HT...

csyeung

csyeung
Cool for fans of the film. I still haven't watched the second one though. These are pretty big figures from what I've seen.

ahbake

Frankly, these two look like an afterthought from Hot Toys.
Not seeing a good likeness, the base is an idiotic choice, and the bodies look exactly like what they are: a 10 year old design. Not to mention the size of Neytiri's bow...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ahbake wrote:Frankly, these two look like an afterthought from Hot Toys.
Not seeing a good likeness, the base is an idiotic choice, and the bodies look exactly like what they are: a 10 year old design. Not to mention the size of Neytiri's bow...

That’s what I thought as well. Likenesses aren’t bad, but the bodies look horrible.

@Ian, from what I understand, HT never actually produced a Neytiri.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) C8485110

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Oh yeah, the bow’s TINY! :/

I saw the film at the IMAX today - as beautiful and awe inspiring to look at as you’d expect, but the script was lacklustre and disappointingly Neytiri was barely in it!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Lynkhart wrote:but the script was lacklustre and disappointingly Neytiri was barely in it!

Really?! That does't sound promising. I've passed on so many current Hollywood movies lately because I haven't been impressed with 99.999% of the crap they've put out over the last couple of years. This sounds like another "wait until it's free on DISH or Amazon Prime. Too bad, I really enjoyed the first one.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) C8485110

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Stryker2011 wrote:
Lynkhart wrote:but the script was lacklustre and disappointingly Neytiri was barely in it!

Really?! That does't sound promising. I've passed on so many current Hollywood movies lately because I haven't been impressed with 99.999% of the crap they've put out over the last couple of years. This sounds like another "wait until it's free on DISH or Amazon Prime. Too bad, I really enjoyed the first one.

Yeah, I get that she probably had to take a back seat because they were introducing so many new characters, but it felt like all she did was scream in anger or cry - I don’t think she had more than a handful of lines that weren’t rooted in emotional trauma for the whole film. :/
I absolutely adore the first film, but I’ll be the first to admit the script for it wasn’t great either. 😂 I think this time round they tried to cram too much in at once which really threw off the pacing. In all honesty, I’d pay to see a whole season of Pandora’s natural history in documentary form - it’s clear they’ve put SO much work into the worldbuilding!
I will say it’s well worth seeing on the big screen, it’s just beyond beautiful to look at.

davidd

davidd
Where would those of you who are more knowledgable about Hot Toys releases than I am recommend placing a pre-order? Is this an exclusive to the Hot Toys site, or will it be available elsewhere?

A friend who lives in Canada is interested, but she was taken aback by the $85 shipping cost on top of the cost of the figure itself.

Thanx.

EDIT: I'm looking around a bit online. I see the fig is available through BBTS in the States, so it will not be an exclusive at the Hot Toys site. When I looked a few days ago I wasn't finding anything.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
You can get all 4 versions at Timewalker Toys. You can bundle for free shipping (once you reach $350 USD) on most things, and they give a discount on POs. Even if you POd the standard versions, you could get free shipping for both of them together.

davidd

davidd
Stryker2011 wrote:You can get all 4 versions at Timewalker Toys. You can bundle for free shipping (once you reach $350 USD) on most things, and they give a discount on POs. Even if you POd the standard versions, you could get free shipping for both of them together.

Excellent info, thanks! I shall pass this along!

csyeung

csyeung
Whereabouts in Canada? There are a few canadian sideshow affiliate retailers up here. At the very least she can save on customs charges if she purchases from a Canadian retailer and if she's local to the retailer, probably shipping as well.

davidd

davidd
csyeung wrote:Whereabouts in Canada? There are a few canadian sideshow affiliate retailers up here. At the very least she can save on customs charges if she purchases from a Canadian retailer and if she's local to the retailer, probably shipping as well.

That's good to know! Thanks, I'll pass that info along.

She's in New Brunswick, out on Grand Manan Island. Definitely nothing on-island, but maybe close by?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The bad thing is is that Sideshow is the North American distributor, so even if she orders from a Canadian retailer, she’ll end up getting hosed. She might want to try OSK — shipping built into the cost.

csyeung

csyeung
The ones I know are in Toronto so there'll definitely be shipping charges, if she's preordering, OSK may be a good way to go, shipping is baked in and definitely comparable prices to whats listed on sideshow usually. I'm in a facebook group called 'Hot Toys Canada' and she can ask in there for recommendations locally with references. There may be some retailers out east. Also she can ask for recommendations there and get a good price as well as buying experience from other Canadian collectors. If it's after release, there are many options including those overseas which can be cheaper.

davidd

davidd
csyeung wrote:I'm in a facebook group called 'Hot Toys Canada' and she can ask in there....

Thank you. That's a great suggestion that I shall pass along.

Diana

Diana
I went to see the movie with my mom on her birthday. The first movie is her all time favourite. I went in expecting to be disappointed. She did not. She acknowledged that she wasn't as immersed as she was whenever watching the first movie, but we both enjoyed it very much. The three hours (without break!) flew by like a breeze.

I would love to have a Neytiri figure, but I really despise the hard plastic look. Her head is gorgeous and I love the base, too! I'm sure that would look awesome on my shelf!

But I caved for Aragorn AND Mace Windu Laughing so... I'll pass. Maybe movies 3, 4 or 5 will get a seamless version.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Diana wrote:

But I caved for Aragorn AND Mace Windu Laughing so... I'll pass. Maybe movies 3, 4 or 5 will get a seamless version.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER NEYTIRI 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (Standard & Deluxe) 6a4c0669d2ff5e7f609475715fc54c30

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:The bad thing is is that Sideshow is the North American distributor, so even if she orders from a Canadian retailer, she’ll end up getting hosed. She might want to try OSK — shipping built into the cost.

The two advantages we're talking about for Canadian retailers are to avoid customs and to keep the (internal) shipping down, so Sideshow doesn't come into it.  

The two viable choices are Toy Square in Toronto and Urban Samurai in the Vancouver area.  I haven't ordered from Urban Samurai for a long time, but when I did they were good to deal with.  In Toronto Toy Square is totally excellent and I shop there almost on a weekly basis, most recently yesterday, absolutely recommended.  Urban Samurai might have the advantage on shipping though, as they offer a within Canada flat rate of $13.95 USD per shipment using Canada Post Expedited service  (which would become really advantageous if the buyer buys more than one item at the same time).  I don't know what the Toy Square shipping would be (as they are brick-and-mortar for me) but I would trust them to be reasonable. The buyer can check their actual Shipping cost by entering their address at check-out -- for some reason I suspect it would be around $30 USD within Canada.  Or just phone them at 905-470-0007, you can usually get to helpful Eric right away.

Update: I'm noticing that Deluxe Neytiri is $375 USD at Toy Square compared e.g. to $394.99 at Big Bad Toy Store, so there's a $20 USD offset favoring Toy Square right there.

davidd

davidd
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:

The two viable choices are Toy Square in Toronto and Urban Samurai in the Vancouver area.  

Very helpful information! Thank you so much! I shall pass this along!

I see that both of these retailers have excellent websites and both are offering the Avatar figures for pre-sale. Thank you for the excellent suggestions.

doodlehobby

davidd wrote:
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:

The two viable choices are Toy Square in Toronto and Urban Samurai in the Vancouver area.  

Very helpful information! Thank you so much! I shall pass this along!

I see that both of these retailers have excellent websites and both are offering the Avatar figures for pre-sale. Thank you for the excellent suggestions.
Definitely stay away from American retailers if shopping from Canada. It'll end up being cheaper if it can be sourced locally. Shipping and duties can be hefty on high priced items. I bought from BBTS, Amazon.com, Sideshow, Chosen Prime, Toy Dojo... They are more costly. But I had no choice as the items I'm after are extremely hard and difficult to come by and these were the only retailers I got lucky with securing a PO.

In Canada, I use agesthreeandup.ca (located in BC; same entity as Urban Samurai Hobbies). This is my go to for Hot Toys/Sideshow stuff. They offer free shipping at $250. Considering how expensive Hot Toys stuff is you're guaranteed free shipping in most cases. They also give reward points which you can accumulate for discounts. They are priced in CAD so don't have to figure out exchange rates also which simplifies things.

Ovy

Ovy
Looks really nicely detailed. It's clear that they didn't design the characters to become action figures. And I wonder if the Torso joint was really necessary. I'd just cover up the jointed areas with cloth and leather, for a custom Avatar but...

I have a confession to make.

I really, really don't like Avatar for some reason. But effects nice.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:

Heretic! Just kidding. I was also impressed by the art and effects of the first movie, but there was also something of an uncanny valley to it, which can be off-putting. Also, I found it incredibly preachy. Smile

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:
Ovy wrote:

Heretic! Just kidding. I was also impressed by the art and effects of the first movie, but there was also something of an uncanny valley to it, which can be off-putting. Also, I found it incredibly preachy. Smile

Ye I never watched it in Cinema, maybe I would have liked it better there. Didn't really connect with any character. And that neurological forced USB cable fusing with those poor animals is disturbing. But I don't think I will watch 2 in cinema. It has so many things I should like, oceans, diving, tribes people and mechsuits and pearls and explosions and sht. Maybe I'd watch a Pandora documentary over a drama.
To be honest of Camerons films I only really liked Aliens, and they were drawing a lot from established design. Titanic, I fell asleep before the fking Titanic hit the Iceberg (ok I was 7 and it was late). But enough about Cameron he is a great talented skilled filmmaker etc but we have different tastes.

Btw "Heretic" and "preachy", the first and last word of your post remind me of posting a new character from another SciFantasy-universe I really like but which has never been put into cinema yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum