OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

CMD115

Well I'm curious. When's the Preorders?

blackpool

i'm curious to see how it ends, as the two legged version still has unrealistic legs, with horse feet, which might be a problem to have her stand on her own... wait and see!

FreakinLobster

Damn, I'm eager to see the upcoming figures, especially the one with a witch hat and the one with the harp. Recent Lucifer figures have shown a really good quality to it. I have both elves - their latest releases - and I'm quite happy with them (though the dark elf is a bit too scantly clad). Not only that, but they are filled with details on the armor design and the heads are beautiful.

ukshaun

The 4 legged figure has pantomime horse vibes going on.
The 2 legged figure looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Diana

Diana
I remember liking the edited two-legged version of the digital design from two years ago, but this falls short of that. Not sure what it is, but it has to do with the costume. It lost something. I don't care for the head at all either, but that could be swapped.

Looks like the same body they are using for the Berserker. Not my aesthetic.

Ghost808

Ghost808
I find their decision making really odd.

The two things that weren't wrong with this figure, (the original HS and clothing) they went and changed, but the hideous human-bodies-stitched-together, horse monster, they kept!?! Even after all the negative feedback on multiple forums!

I was actually hoping the original would come out, just so I could get the HS snd some gear from it, but this new armour design is not great and the HS looks cheap and poorly painted, and is nowhere near as attractive.

csyeung

csyeung
I know what this reminds me of now, that long forgotten movie human centipede =P.

shazzdan

shazzdan
csyeung wrote:I know what this reminds me of now, that long forgotten movie human centipede =P.

I liked South Park's take on it.

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) - Page 2 26e36a0f3fb63f0ab160b0e87b5b86e8

CMD115

Preorders are on bigbadtoystore.

davidd

davidd
CMD115 wrote:Preorders are on bigbadtoystore.  

Excellent! Thank you!

That price, though: $444.99 USD affraid

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/233285

gooboo

$300 for the two legged version? Pass. I'll just keep an eye out for stuff I like from this set on ebay.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, I saw that price and had to chuckle. I really do wonder where some of these companies get the stones to charge these kinds of prices for unlicensed stuff -- especially something so godawful weird.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) - Page 2 C8485110

davidd

davidd
Wait... glue is required to complete the model?

So... the pieces aren't already joined? The buyer has to glue them together? GLUE THEM TOGETHER?

Four-hunnert fiddy bucks and you have to glue it together?

So basically, you're buying one and a half bodies, and it's up to you, the purchaser, to glue them together, meaning there's going to be an ugly glue seam at the connecting point.

Or meaning... you could just chop an existing Jiaou or TBLeague body in half with a hack saw and make your own centaur.

What kind of glue would you use to glue two Phicen bodies together?

I wonder if there's a socket or something where the bodies fit together? Or do you just... glue it?

This is lame. Rolling Eyes

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
You'd probably have to go to one of those sex doll sites to purchase the glue would be my guess. That's ridiculous. Why not some sort of "socket" to snap it into -- either way, there's going to be a seam, but I'm with you, probably better to purchase a TBL (or jointed) body and a Mr. Z horse and start hacking away.

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) - Page 2 C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
davidd wrote:Wait... glue is required to complete the model?

So... the pieces aren't already joined? The buyer has to glue them together? GLUE THEM TOGETHER?

So basically, you're buying one and a half bodies, and it's up to you, the purchaser, to glue them together, meaning there's going to be an ugly glue seam at the connecting point.

Or meaning... you could just chop an existing Jiaou or TBLeague body in half with a hack saw and make your own centaur.

I wonder if there's a socket or something where the bodies fit together? Or do you just... glue it?

Yeah, this is the worst of all possible worlds.  All the disadvantage of  the body not being made manufacturer-connected in a quality way, but without the potential benefits if you might have had "two figures in one" with the swap option of going back and forth between 2 and 4 legs.  Because once you glue it there's no going back, and apart from all the complications re glue etc, it'll never be quite right, but still, the 2 legged version has disappeared.  

I would have done this (and hoped they had done it) with a strong Rare Earth Magnet connection as they do with some statues.  Maybe with a bit of skirt fringe redesign, using the clothing just to make sure the actual contact point was always concealed.  I don't imagine that full display in the nude of the four-legged body would be the main appeal here for too many people, but I guess you never know...

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) - Page 2 12660410

Ghost808

Ghost808
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
davidd wrote:Wait... glue is required to complete the model?

Yeah, this is the worst of all possible worlds.  All the disadvantage of  the body not being made manufacturer-connected in a quality way, but without the potential benefits if you might have had "two figures in one" with the swap option of going back and forth between 2 and 4 legs.  Because once you glue it there's no going back, and apart from all the complications re glue etc, it'll never be quite right, but still, the 2 legged version has disappeared.  

I would have done this (and hoped they had done it) with a strong Rare Earth Magnet connection as they do with some statues.  Maybe with a bit of skirt fringe redesign, using the clothing just to make sure the actual contact point was always concealed.  I don't imagine that full display in the nude of the four-legged body would be the main appeal here for too many people, but I guess you never know...

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) - Page 2 12660410

The easiest way, would have been a metal "hook" that protrudes from the half body at the back. This hook would cup under the full figures groin and be concealed by it underwear/skirts. You then have some strapping/buckles, that looks like it's just clothing design, but also doubles as extra securing for the back end.

They could have even made the rear portion with semi rigid "underpants" section attached/molded to the front of it, and you just slide the full body figure into said pants, and voila, centaur abomination!

I actually can't wait to see in-hand pics of this disaster.

Now...if we can just find somebody willing to pay $450 for this madness! 😆

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Ghost808 wrote:The easiest way, would have been a metal "hook" that protrudes from the half body at the back. This hook would cup under the full figures groing and be concealed by it underwear/skirts. You then have some strapping/buckles, that looks like it's just clothing design, but also doubles as extra securing for the back end.

They could have even made the rear portion with semi rigid "underpants" section attached/molded to the front of it, and you just slide the full body figure into said pants, and voila, centaur abomination!

I actually can't wait to see in-hand pics of this disaster.

Now...if we can just find somebody willing to pay $450 for this madness! 😆

All of that makes sense, the buckles could be a good idea, and I like the alternative with semi rigid underpants on the rear section for the front two-legged figure to step into, so she'd essentially be wearing the rear horse extension. But I still think hands down a Rare Earth Magnet connection would be the ideal for a repeatable easy swap with a very tight connection. Maybe it would work best with the connecting parts being hard plastic (for best fit) rather than silicon squishy, so maybe this concept would work better with a slightly more armored design. The discussion of "how would we do this" is a more interesting subject IMHO than the appreciation of this actual figure "as is."

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m tempted to get that base to use with the InArt Gandalf and Aragorn I have on PO.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Stryker2011 wrote:I’m tempted to get that base to use with the InArt Gandalf and Aragorn I have on PO.

I've got their Gandalf on order too. My plan is to put together a Georgian-era drawing room and sitting him in a chair with his pipe and a book.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:I’m tempted to get that base to use with the InArt Gandalf and Aragorn I have on PO.

I've got their Gandalf on order too. My plan is to put together a Georgian-era drawing room and sitting him in a chair with his pipe and a book.

That sounds cool, too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum