OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

gooboo

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) Luc110

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) Luc210

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) Luc310

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) Luc410

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) Luc510

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) Luc610

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) Luc710

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) Luc810

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) Luc910

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) Luca10

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) Luc1010

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) Luc1110

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) Luc1210

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) Luc1310

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) Lucb10

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) Lucc10

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) Luca210

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) Lucb210

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) Lucc210

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) Luc1410

gooboo

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) Meme10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
So, they're actually going ahead with this after all. Such a strange design; why not just give her the body of a horse like an "actual" centaur...

Weird.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) C8485110

gooboo

In all seriousness, I really like the two legged version. It looks very nice. I'm just trying to figure out if I really want this figure, or if I like the photos. Lucifer got me once with their angel of dawn photos, and I ended up parcelling out most of that figure on ebay once I decided I wasn't really into it.

But to your point, I really don't understand the decision behind giving the figure human rear legs. If this was an actual centaur, I think it would look pretty impressive.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I wonder if one could add hair somehow to make it appear more like an actual centaur, rather than this bizarre "Sextaur"...?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Lucifer: 1/6 Centaur Clarion call at dawn (abomination and two legged versions) C8485110

shazzdan

shazzdan
Still creeps me out.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think she looks better than before, but still a silly idea.

Ovy

Ovy
Ok the end times have officially begun, repent sinners or be doomed to eternal fire!

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Stryker2011 wrote:I wonder if one could add hair somehow to make it appear more like an actual centaur, rather than this bizarre "Sextaur"...?

You could, but the anatomy would still be totally wrong for a quadruped!

davidd

davidd
Not a lot of lead time on the pre-orders. Does that date mean March 8?

Octomancer

This figure is capitalizing on a picture that has been floating around the internet for a while. Which is based on a picture from artstation if I recall.

You can see the discussion here in all its glory.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/y9ihgx/not_quite_a_centaur_but_not_quite_a_human/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

davidd

davidd
Octomancer wrote:This figure is capitalizing on a picture that has been floating around the internet for a while. Which is based on a picture from artstation if I recall.

The picture in the Reddit discussion is a promotional image from when a slightly different version of this figure was first announced by Lucifer a couple of years ago. There's a discussion about it on the forum:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3763-lucifer-edber-biglake-clarion-call-at-dawn-centaur-on-the-march

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Octomancer wrote:This figure is capitalizing on a picture that has been floating around the internet for a while. Which is based on a picture from artstation if I recall.

You can see the discussion here in all its glory.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/y9ihgx/not_quite_a_centaur_but_not_quite_a_human/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

Oh wow did Reddit not miss a beat on this one 😅😅😅

What a weird thing. Emphasis on thing.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Finally, seamless moveable 1/6 horse! Smile

Ok pass.

davidd

davidd
In most of the images the feet are hidden or soft-focus. I wonder what the feet will look like? Will they be horse hooves, or human feet? Or a hideous hybrid hoo-f-oot?

gooboo

I'm pretty sure it's hoofed feet for both of these figures. Assuming it's a Phicen skeleton they're using I'm sure you could just swap them out for some regular feet.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Body horror abomination indeed. Razz The 'normal' version is not interesting enough for my tastes, but I guess it might be for some.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

CMD115

Ovy wrote:Ok the end times have officially begun, repent sinners or be doomed to eternal fire!
Alright, but I'm not leaving sober.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
davidd wrote:Not a lot of lead time on the pre-orders. Does that date mean March 8?

The "2023 3-4 quarters" suggests august.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
I'm having a feeling that the "horse" part will be detachable. So, if you happen to get the centaur version, you'll be able to display the human-only version.
Also, I do believe even the human version has hooves. That's cool.

Dang, I believe I'm one of the few that was not freaked out by this hairless centaur concept, actually I liked it a lot. The problem for me was the gratuitous... uh... "back" shots. They were unnecessarily sensual, IMO, and even pushed away some people that could be on the fence about this figure. I see potential on the figure, and the "horse butt" can be covered fairy easily with the cape. A male version of this concept would also be pretty badass, with the right armor design, kinda like the Barbarian.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Their "Osiris" figure has hooves, too.

CMD115

Well I'm curious. When's the Preorders?

blackpool

blackpool
i'm curious to see how it ends, as the two legged version still has unrealistic legs, with horse feet, which might be a problem to have her stand on her own... wait and see!

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Damn, I'm eager to see the upcoming figures, especially the one with a witch hat and the one with the harp. Recent Lucifer figures have shown a really good quality to it. I have both elves - their latest releases - and I'm quite happy with them (though the dark elf is a bit too scantly clad). Not only that, but they are filled with details on the armor design and the heads are beautiful.

ukshaun

ukshaun
The 4 legged figure has pantomime horse vibes going on.
The 2 legged figure looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum