OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

McFarlane Warhammer 40K: Artist Proof Repaints

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Been awhile but I'm still here!

Haven't done much hobby-wise in a long time. I found some McFarlane Warhammer figures and got some ideas.

These guys start entirely grey, as Artist Proof figures.
Below is a Cadian Guardsman Veteran.
McFarlane Warhammer 40K: Artist Proof Repaints 52605841565_ceb90a9723_b
I got out my paints, ribbon and hockey tape and got to work.

McFarlane Warhammer 40K: Artist Proof Repaints 52685996470_dea893026a_b
McFarlane Warhammer 40K: Artist Proof Repaints 52685996430_bbe2088326_b
McFarlane Warhammer 40K: Artist Proof Repaints 52685996405_f13d1746f3_b

These guys are known as Traitor Guards. I'd already got most of the base colours blocked in, here. Leaning more toward the German aspect of their design (naturally) with pea dot trousers, field grey and gun metal.

Later I may replace the stalks of the stick grenade with some wooden rod as I really hate how soft and bendy the plastic is.
McFarlane Warhammer 40K: Artist Proof Repaints 52663203993_09403d4752_b

I didn't go all-out replacing his straps and covering his pouches, but I did replace the plastic chain with real chain on one of his pauldrons, and made a sling for his rifle.

McFarlane Warhammer 40K: Artist Proof Repaints 52685853194_98f8d0b696_b
McFarlane Warhammer 40K: Artist Proof Repaints 52685571386_66d186821e_b
McFarlane Warhammer 40K: Artist Proof Repaints 52685571326_0d8e56e2c0_b
McFarlane Warhammer 40K: Artist Proof Repaints 52685853174_f9219d06d4_b

I got to try some new techniques, using oil washes for the first time, and I definitely like them.

I've got one more Traitor Guard to do up, with more pea dot. Then a big Ork, which'll be really fun.

Visisonor

Visisonor
I've seen artist-proof Space Marines from McFarlane but not these guys.
They look awesome after you've painted them!

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Visisonor wrote:I've seen artist-proof Space Marines from McFarlane but not these guys.
They look awesome after you've painted them!

Thanks! I always lean more toward the basic grunt type figure for some reason. I actually just got a Space Marine to do up for my son yesterday, so that's another one to the list, lol. It's good fun though!

Ovy

Ovy
Great job! You caught the grim essence beautifully with those paintjobs and nasty dark environments. The Darktide designers did a great job in translating the weapons and armor designs into something slighlty more proportional.

Did you prime them before painting? Have an Artist Proof Space Marine and Sororita, just painted directly on the grey, maybe another spray priming would have been a bit better but the paint holds well enough. But didn't get those new Darktide Figures yet. Will you get the Ogryn too?

And did he just shoot Baby Yoda in pic one?

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Ovy wrote:Great job! You caught the grim essence beautifully with those paintjobs and nasty dark environments. The Darktide designers did a great job in translating the weapons and armor designs into something slighlty more proportional.

Did you prime them before painting? Have an Artist Proof Space Marine and Sororita, just painted directly on the grey, maybe another spray priming would have been a bit better but the paint holds well enough. But didn't get those new Darktide Figures yet. Will you get the Ogryn too?

And did he just shoot Baby Yoda in pic one?

Thanks man! Yeah he totally zapped Grogu, lol.

I didn't prime these really, just put light washes of a couple base colours and then blocked in my palette on them before refining and detailing.

I'm not sure if I'll get Ogryn or not...He's definitely available but I've got no real connection to him or the game yet, it's not available on any of my gaming platforms. I might see how the Ork goes first. I did just get a Space Marine for my son though so that's another one to the Painting Pile to work on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum