OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body Empty Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:16 pm

Annalise

Annalise
Starting a new thread for this rather than posting in the new products section as it's presumably going to be used on more releases going forward. It's already been announced for the upcoming Raksa reissue.

I picked up a loose Bayonetta body for evaluation to assuage my curiosity and thought it might be useful to share some photos for anyone interested.

It came wrapped in the plastic film that VC used to make getting the tight black jumpsuit on easier. This is pretty much required for any clothing on this body as the silicone (not TPE) skin is very sticky, not to mention quite shiny. Also because of the material, it has the usual visible seam. The articulation is not as smooth as a TBL body but has a comparable range of motion. The balance and weight are also similar to TBL bodies as expected.

Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body 01_img13

Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body 02_img13

Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body 03_img13

Mine has a visible steel "bone" on the left leg because it's not centered in the silicone. Nbd, as I'm using pants on this figure, but something to be aware of.

Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body 04_img13

Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body 05_img13

Size-wise it's very close to Verycool's jointed body which makes it a useful alternative for 'upgrading' a VC boxed figure to seamless. It's a few mm taller and has slightly longer arms. For those to whom it matters, the "private parts" are detailed. TBLeague feet fit ok and are a bit tighter than Verycool feet on this body.

Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body 06_img13

Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body 07_img13

Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body 08_img13

For giggles, here it is next to an Amazonian S47B.

Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body 09_img13

Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body 10_img12

Here it is with jointed and S23B bodies for comparison. It's a little shorter than an S23B with narrower shoulders.

Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body 11_img12

Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body 12_img12

Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body 13_img12

Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body 14_img12

Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body 15_img12

Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body 16_img12

Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body 17_img12

Clothed with her S23B sister.

Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body 18_img11

For me personally, if you can find one for under $60, it's a decent alternative as you know the jointed figures' outfit will transfer easily to this body, but I would only use it on a fully clothed character, otherwise the side seams and shiny skin aren't as aesthetically pleasing as TBLeague's bodies.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the review and comparisons, Annalise.
Have you tried silicon powder to make it less sticky and shiny?

Annalise

Annalise
You're welcome, hopefully it will help some ppl with their buying decisions.

I didn't try powder. That would very likely improve the tackiness and shine but since I was going to cover her anyway, I took the path of least effort and just wrapped her arms and legs back up in plastic Smile

Diana

Diana
Thank you so much for this! These comparison images are very helpful. Smile

csyeung

csyeung
Thanks for the comparisons Annalise. I have the bayonetta figure and the shininess is annoying. I suspect it's the formula they are using. I think the Tbleague sculpt seems more natural. The abs on the body look less natural, not sure if it's the shininess contributing to that. I also noticed the cling wrap on my figure.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting. I wonder if there’s a comparable TBL body that’s closer to this (I’m just wondering how long before this body will disintegrate).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body C8485110

7Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body Empty Re: Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:27 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I prefer the smaller dimensions and i think it seems useful, but I agree the shiny-ness and odd aspects of the sculpt are bit off-putting. Not sure why it's so freaking shiny, did they just forget to use powder? or is it also partly because it's silicone rather than TPE?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

8Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body Empty Re: Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:51 pm

Spartan06

Spartan06
Thanks for posting these Annalise!  Your pics are very helpful, particularly the comparisons with the VeryCool jointed body and my two favorite TBL bodies.  I put in a PO for the Raska figure and now I know what to expect with this new body.

I just started building a figure with a VC jointed body, and she looks really small standing next to an S43B (10-5/8" vs 11-7/8" or a scale 5' 3+" vs. 5' 11+").  My S46B built up as NieR 2B stands over 12" (about 6' 2") in her high-heeled boots.

This one does compare favorably to the S22A/23B, which are my favorite "go to" bodies right now.

Annalise

Annalise
FYI - I dusted it with silicone powder and that made it far less tacky, but didn't do squat to tone down the shine. It's just a consequence of the more translucent material they used.

10Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body Empty Re: Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:58 pm

m76

m76
Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know anyone else made seamless bodies. Or in this case not so seamless as the entire body is a seam, but details, details.

What's really off putting to me is the color, it looks translucent, like some alien goo. Really weird choice on their part for the material.

This is more of a contender for jointed bodies than a real alternative to phicen, so the price would need to reflect that.

http://madblog.shacknet.us

11Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body Empty Re: Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:48 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting. Thanks for explaining, Annalise. Glad at least it is better for handling, with the powder.

12Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body Empty Re: Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:20 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Annalise wrote:You're welcome, hopefully it will help some ppl with their buying decisions.

I didn't try powder. That would very likely improve the tackiness and shine but since I was going to cover her anyway, I took the path of least effort and just wrapped her arms and legs back up in plastic Smile

If you're planning to cover her up (and depending on what type of clothing) - an alternative to powder is to buy those 1 or 2-piece tights/body suits to slip on clothing better. Rubber bodies are an absolute PITA to fit form-fitting clothing but the tights help somewhat.

13Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body Empty Re: Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:09 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Allotropos wrote:
Annalise wrote:You're welcome, hopefully it will help some ppl with their buying decisions.

If you're planning to cover her up (and depending on what type of clothing) - an alternative to powder is to buy those 1 or 2-piece tights/body suits to slip on clothing better. Rubber bodies are an absolute PITA to fit form-fitting clothing but the tights help somewhat.

Cling wrap works for that too.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Verycool Seamless Steel Skeleton Body C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum