OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonebreaker

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bonebreaker  Empty Bonebreaker Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:01 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
I started this on-again-off-again project in March 2015 and I have finally completed my version of Bonebreaker.
Any 90's kid who grew up with the X-men will know who he is but just in case - here's his bio
A few references I used to create my version :
Bonebreaker  XiutIhu

WIPS :
1. Motorized chassis propelled by tank treads
Bought a tank from Toys R Us which seemed to be the right size (1/35)
Bonebreaker  IjtBdt7

2. Upper body and head :
Used the upper body section of an old ACI figure and connected it with these flexible cardholders (which I will eventually connect to the tank.
Bonebreaker  M4WfYcH

Gave the ACI head a mohawk (this was 8 years ago so the mohawk job wasn't done very well)
Bonebreaker  FDYuiND
Bonebreaker  SXdWPbi

3. Fitting and detailing :
Miscellaneous bits and bobs were added along with multiple weapon sets to his chassis to kit him out like a tank.
Bonebreaker  X2NEEYz
Bonebreaker  COaN7vp
Bonebreaker  Z6U2q1p

4. Scratch built an engine :
Bonebreaker  LcdP4s4

5. Drone
Wasn't part of the original plan but I thought it would be kinda cool to include a Drone accompaniment so used a Higabachi AV koto kit.
Bonebreaker  YJjcPhV
Bonebreaker  JfjNAf6

Drone painted with decals applied :
Bonebreaker  QxMfe1L
Bonebreaker  J1PriFE
Bonebreaker  FA9Q5Dp

Finished results :
Bonebreaker  FQkwlee
Bonebreaker  MUp6k0S
Bonebreaker  Fh4Ub1o
Bonebreaker  PCnhSeU
Bonebreaker  RZ8yz9F
Bonebreaker  86JVtsH
Bonebreaker  A4UbrEi
Bonebreaker  KOJnahP
Bonebreaker  D4ampCA
Bonebreaker  7HmpZcC
Bonebreaker  YS8DkVg

I can finally put him on display !
That's all folks and thanks for dropping by.

2Bonebreaker  Empty Re: Bonebreaker Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:17 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Holy cow! That is awesome. He turned out great. I’m not familiar with the character, but you really managed to pull it off, and looks even better than the inspiration.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Bonebreaker  1f10

3Bonebreaker  Empty Re: Bonebreaker Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:42 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Now that's what I call a long time project, absolutely beautiful in idea and execution! Reminds me I have to revisit your older X-Men hunter bot people.

Love all those tiny little bits and greeblies you added to the chassis and how you brought them out with the metallic color.

But I guess he won't be that good at breaking bones, he might overkill his target.

Life as a tankboi must be hard, I was thinking about his everyday life and the obstacles included and was reminded of this:

(European weirdness warning.)

4Bonebreaker  Empty Re: Bonebreaker Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:54 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Ovy, my friend, you always manage to find the weirdest $#@t. What the hell was that?!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Bonebreaker  1f10

5Bonebreaker  Empty Re: Bonebreaker Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:22 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
That is a really cool custom figure, Allotropos! Great work!

As a GitS-Fan I'm not so happy that you salvaged the helicopter, though. Wink

6Bonebreaker  Empty Re: Bonebreaker Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:09 am

Diana

Diana
You. are. insane! Laughing

No seriously, this is incredible. Love all the detail. Great choice of head sculpt and everything basically. ^^

I would paint that pole for the drone black though or pick a transparent one, depending on how you intend to display him.

7Bonebreaker  Empty Re: Bonebreaker Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:05 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Absolutely excellent custom job! And I can see why Ovy was reminded of that weirdness, but that is on another level. Smile

8Bonebreaker  Empty Re: Bonebreaker Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:46 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I had no clue who this guy is but he seems interesting, the crazy amount of greebling really makes it all pop and ties it well together. Cool badass looking guy overall.
One thing he reminded me of was this 1986 film called Eliminators where there's this guy that has tank threads for legs and is sort of a terminator.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Bonebreaker  1f60e

9Bonebreaker  Empty Re: Bonebreaker Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:51 pm

Allotropos

Allotropos
Stryker2012 wrote:Holy cow! That is awesome. He turned out great. I’m not familiar with the character, but you really managed to pull it off, and looks even better than the inspiration.
Thanks Stryker!

Ovy wrote:Now that's what I call a long time project, absolutely beautiful in idea and execution! Reminds me I have to revisit your older X-Men hunter bot people.
Love all those tiny little bits and greeblies you added to the chassis and how you brought them out with the metallic color.
But I guess he won't be that good at breaking bones, he might overkill his target.
Life as a tankboi must be hard, I was thinking about his everyday life and the obstacles included and was reminded of this:
(European weirdness warning.)
Stryker2012 wrote:Ovy, my friend, you always manage to find the weirdest $#@t. What the hell was that?!
GubernatorFan wrote:Absolutely excellent custom job! And I can see why Ovy was reminded of that weirdness, but that is on another level. Smile

Thanks guys !
Ovy - that Video sure is weird but in a visually interesting sort of way - something you don't know if you want to continue watching but you just have to to see where bikeboy goes and ends up..that jetski chick was the icing on the cake!

Randam Hajile wrote:That is a really cool custom figure, Allotropos! Great work!
As a GitS-Fan I'm not so happy that you salvaged the helicopter, though. Wink
Apologies Randam lol.
He was meant to be part of the sentinel group I built a while back (reason behind that colour scheme) but it didn't quite fit in to the group so included it with Bonebreaker instead which looked way better with the diorama.

Diana wrote:You. are. insane! Laughing
No seriously, this is incredible. Love all the detail. Great choice of head sculpt and everything basically. ^^
I would paint that pole for the drone black though or pick a transparent one, depending on how you intend to display him.
Thank you kindly Diana and I completely agree with you 100% that my lazy ass should've done something better with the pole..and I will get to it - at some point !

Theboo-bomb wrote:I had no clue who this guy is but he seems interesting, the crazy amount of greebling really makes it all pop and ties it well together. Cool badass looking guy overall.
One thing he reminded me of was this 1986 film called Eliminators where there's this guy that has tank threads for legs and is sort of a terminator.
I looked it up and it looks like a seriously cool movie!
Based on the timelines it would seem that the Reavers (marvel) were not original concepts (which is something new I learnt today)
The Eliminators (1986)
Bonebreaker  9XOJbFV
Bonebreaker  XBAS3HQ

The Reavers (1988)
Bonebreaker  0u01jaZ

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum