OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need Suggestions for a New Body (besides just exercise more)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Spartan06

Spartan06
I'm working on a second schoolgirl figure and started out with this set from Create Models purchased from BBTS:
Need Suggestions for a New Body (besides just exercise more) Create10

I like the head sculpt and overall look.  

I planned to use an S23B (my "go to") body, but the blouse is way too tight to get on and fasten, particularly in the shoulders.  The skirt is tight but workable, and the underwear barely got past the thighs and over the hips, but it is both too big in the waist and too long in the stride, when in place.

None of the other bodies I have used (S21, S42/43, S46/47) seem to fit this outfit due to big shoulders and/or busts.  I am thinking about maybe using the S25, but I don't want to deal with undersized foot and neck pegs - I got burned by that with my first schoolgirl character using an S45 body.  

Also, I'm a little concerned about height - my S43 in combat boots is about 6'-1" in scale without a helmet.

Any suggestions on what seamless body might work for this outfit/character?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
There's the s17b, which is somewhat slimmer in the upper body so maybe would help?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Annalise

Annalise
Hi Bob!
I'm surprised Phicen hasn't yet produced a seamless body with the same dimensions and proportions of the std pvc jointed bodies that so many figure companies use. I would think they could sell a bazillion of them to everyone that wanted to do exactly what you're trying to do but they must have their reasons.

The smallest TBL bodies with the std peg size are the S01/S02 and S16A/S17B. The first two have non-detachable feet and the S16/17 is rather tall so neither is a perfect analog. I think that sailor blouse might look small on the S17 if you can manage to squeeze it on but of the larger peg bodies it is probably the most likely to work. The S49 is another possibility but again not perfect as it has a relatively large bust with seriously narrow shoulders and also uses the smaller pegs. I wouldn't recommend Verycool's seamless body on any figure not fully covered up.

The smaller neck peg problem is fairly easy to resolve by some tape wrapped around the peg, or a foamie or even blu-tack. The trick is to find a head sculpt that doesn't look comically large in proportion.

In hopes this may help, here's a rough comparison shot. Good luck, have fun and I look forward to seeing your solution and photos when it's done.

Need Suggestions for a New Body (besides just exercise more) Img_2068

Spartan06

Spartan06
Thanks so much Annalise!  

The picture is super helpful, and really shows the differences in stature of those four.  I hadn't thought about the S49, but after seeing the comparison that has some real possibilities.  I could probably fashion some shoulder pads for her outfit that would help with the narrow shoulders and the height is a good compromise.   It's likely a better fit for the head sculpt, and you made some good suggestions about dealing with the small neck pin.

I got into trouble with my S45 by pushing feet deep into boots, and then trying to snap the legs in after putting on her stockings.  Trouble was I didn't realize I used the wrong feet (for standard size pegs), until not being able to snap the legs in.  It took several hours over a few days to dig them back out after loosening twelve rows of laces on each one.  Still trying to get past that and do it with the correct feet and lacing the boots back up.

By the way, I'm a big fan of your pictures thread!  Lot's of creativity went into those figures and shots!  I plan to post this one when it's completed.

Thanks also skywalker - the S17B looks promising, but it may be a little taller than I want to go.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's ok! I don't own as many different types of bodies as others do, so I wasn't sure how it compared. I also like the s49 and think it might work. The comparison photos were super helpful to me as well and convinced me to finally get an s49 when I can afford it. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
If it wasn't for the pegs, I'd have recommended the S49 too.

Spartan06

Spartan06
Well, I just contributed to the Chinese economy again.  I ordered the S49 after looking at the various pics, new product announcements and a few pics I have of a built-up figure using the S49.  

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.  I think she'll make a great companion to the S45 and if push comes to shove, they can trade shoes... er, feet.  Also, the S49 looks much more like the schoolgirl character that I planned than the S23B with her larger, well-defined muscles and square shoulders.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum