OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My first topic here, so pics of (most) of my collection

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Rogerbee

Founding Father

Welcome aboard!

So glad to have you here. That's a heck of a collection you've got there. All killer, no filler!

I noticed you went for the Threezero Danaerys and Motoko, be interested to hear your thoughts on those two.

CHEERS!

jaztermareal

Rogerbee wrote:
Welcome aboard!

So glad to have you here. That's a heck of a collection you've got there. All killer, no filler!

I noticed you went for the Threezero Danaerys and Motoko, be interested to hear your thoughts on those two.

CHEERS!

Cheers!
Well, as for Motoko and Dany, to put it simply, they are not as good as we hoped and were promised they would be but honestly they aren't bad either.

Many complain they are too small but actually they are accurate 1:6 height for the actresses and on screen characters, people are just used to all female figures being too tall (most women are not 6 feet tall so shorter bodies are desperately needed and Threezero are delivering).

The outfits aren't amazing but are good, especially Motoko which has a lot of weathering and matches almost perfectly the on screen costume.

The accessories are good except for small issues (loose mag on one of Motoko's guns, ill fitting pegs on the dragons feet with Dany) and obviously the exclusive versions come with plenty, though the standard versions may feel a little bare-bones.

The articulation is about what you would expect given the outfits, Obvioulsy Dany can make more poses as her outfit is less restrictive.

The prices direct from Threezero at order were pretty good and included free international shipping so very good value expecially when ordering the exclusive versions, much cheaper than HT.

The head on Dany is no where near as bad as so many claimed, but not on par with the prototype. Definitely disappointing but only because we were shown much better at pre-order. If the final product head was shown at pre-order I doubt there would be much disappointment (that proto they did show was amazingly well painted so the final figure could only disappoint). The sculpt seems fine though so a repaint could make it absolutely shine, if only I had the skill to do it.

The head on Motoko is the Major (geddit?) disappointment. It is Hasbro-like in paint and slightly underscaled plus it sits slightly too low on the neck. A head swap is definitely needed, though a repaint would just about do the job.

The exclusive versions were far better value: Dany came with extra dragons, Motoko had extra outfit and hands which can be used on a similar sized body to make a second Motoko (I used a cheap Disney Store Elite Premium Rey/Jyn body for the spare outfit with an HT Amber head and scratch made neck post).

All in all I like them and think that most of the complaints are unfounded except for the heads which are the real issue with the figures. As I said, Dany isn't as bad as it is made out to be but Motoko's head is pure fail.

IMHO.

shovelchop81

Do you happen to have a spare pair of ZMDC boots for these guys? Doesn't matter the colour, I have a silver 'Leader' figure in bits just because he's missing the boots (my custom armoured Whiplash got them..) which is a crying shame. I only ask as I can't find any anywhere any more and thought you might have some you could sell me? Just a stab in the dark... Cheers!

My first topic here, so pics of (most) of my collection - Page 2 Img_5742

jaztermareal

shovelchop81 wrote:Do you happen to have a spare pair of ZMDC boots for these guys? Doesn't matter the colour, I have a silver 'Leader' figure in bits just because he's missing the boots (my custom armoured Whiplash got them..) which is a crying shame. I only ask as I can't find any anywhere any more and thought you might have some you could sell me? Just a stab in the dark... Cheers!

Sadly no I don't but worth checking Taobao, Mandarake and Yahoo Japan Auctions as they occasionally turn up cheap as chips for the entire figure and you could turn a profit just selling the parts you don't want/need Smile (I bought the desert camo commander from Mandarake for about £40 at the time).

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Thanks for the input,

Figures would have to be pretty special for me to make any major outlay on them. Garage kits by comparison are a load cheaper.

CHEERS!

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Rogerbee wrote:Thanks for the input,

Figures would have to be pretty special for me to make any major outlay on them. Garage kits by comparison are a load cheaper.

CHEERS!

Good news is that since Major is getting negative feedback you will probably be able to get it cheap second hand then just find a new head or repaint the existing one.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Not really that bothered about her, haven't seen the movie and have no real desire to.

CHEERS!

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Rogerbee wrote:Not really that bothered about her, haven't seen the movie and have no real desire to.

CHEERS!

I thought the film was ok actually. Again, most of the criticism of the film (casting a caucasian) was unfounded as the character was supposed to be in a caucasian body (even the manga publishers said so, hence why she was drawn to look caucasian). The real issue with the film was that it was not outstanding in any way. Not in any way bad, just not amazing.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Sounds like one I'd pick up if cheap and if there was nothing else I wanted.

CHEERS!

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Rogerbee wrote:Sounds like one I'd pick up if cheap and if there was nothing else I wanted.

CHEERS!

fair enough Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Don't know if you're much of a Whovian, but, Character Toys have made quite a nice figure of Jodie Whittaker's Doctor. It may even be 1/6.

CHEERS!

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Rogerbee wrote:Don't know if you're much of a Whovian, but, Character Toys have made quite a nice figure of Jodie Whittaker's Doctor. It may even be 1/6.

CHEERS!

I saw it advertised and though I never watch the show I do like the 12 inch figures that came from it. I read that the figure is 10-11 ish inches tall so if the actress/character is 5-5.5 ish feet tall then it is accurate 1:6 scale so worth getting Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Yeah, the HS is actually a good likeness and could look stellar with a repaint. The head to neck joint is the only thing letting it down. She was £20, not bad for these times!

CHEERS!

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Rogerbee wrote:Yeah, the HS is actually a good likeness and could look stellar with a repaint. The head to neck joint is the only thing letting it down. She was £20, not bad for these times!

CHEERS!

bargain price for what you get by the looks of it Smile the older Martha figure from the previous dr who 12 inch line was quite good too

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
It was, but, the jacket on mine cracked and flaked really badly. Never could find a replacement.

CHEERS!

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Rogerbee wrote:It was, but, the jacket on mine cracked and flaked really badly. Never could find a replacement.

CHEERS!

mine started flaking too but for such a cheap figure I think it is worth it even if sourcing a different jacket. The head sculpt was much better than most female sculpts of the day

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I considered that but never found another jacket that worked. Maybe with a bit more research I could find something. When I have more space, I plan to rework the David Tennant I have and it would be nice to have her beside him.

CHEERS!

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Rogerbee wrote:I considered that but never found another jacket that worked. Maybe with a bit more research I could find something. When I have more space, I plan to rework the David Tennant I have and it would be nice to have her beside him.

CHEERS!

whatever you do, share some pics of the result Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Cheers for the info on the Japanese sites, didn't realise they had auctions there.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Jaztermareal! So glad to see you over here! Damn, that is one hell of an impressive collection. I see you picked up the PewPewGun Shen as well. How do you feel about it? I feel like it's such a beautiful figure, and the base body is pretty brilliantly made, but all the armor and weapons made for this release are flimsy and poorly designed. Curious your thoughts. That 1000Toys collection is so stunning. The Takayuki Takeya ones just kill me. I had grabbed the Bokkoku one when it came out, and a little while ago it took a header off a shelf and joints shattered in about 5 different places. I still haven't figured out a plan to put humpty dumpty back together again. You've got the right idea with yours in sealed glass shelves. And your Jin-Roh collection is pretty much beyond compare. Have you actually seen the new movie yourself yet? It really does look pretty stunning. And I agree with you on the GITS movie. Nothing spectacular, but I enjoyed it for what it was, and it had some really visually fun moments. And Beat Takashi as Aramaki made me very happy. Also I had never heard that about Masamune Shirow originally intending for her to have a Caucasian body. Really interesting to know.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
jaztermareal wrote:

whatever you do, share some pics of the result Smile

I will, don't hold your breath though, I have to move first. I will get round to it one day, promise!

CHEERS!

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
ReverendSpooky wrote:Jaztermareal!  So glad to see you over here!  Damn, that is one hell of an impressive collection.  I see you picked up the PewPewGun Shen as well.  How do you feel about it?  I feel like it's such a beautiful figure, and the base body is pretty brilliantly made, but all the armor and weapons made for this release are flimsy and poorly designed.  Curious your thoughts.  

I have to say, the Pinyike bodies were amazing, never had any issues with them however the Shen figures were a mixed bag.

Some of the armour parts fall off (mainly the biceps) so require blutac to hold them on properly, the guns have some fidly parts that fall off or look like they will snap easily and the base has a socket for the stand crotch grabber post that is too small for the plug (you will need to dremel it out a little then glue in the stand post). The base is big, heavy and beautiful to look at though and the tank turret can be used as a weapon/accessory so very cool.

The other thing that bugged me was that the tiny pegs on the back to connect the bazooka holder to the back armour don't fit, I think the holes need to be a tad larger.

Basically there are a number of issues on Shen that I think a bit more time in development or QC would have fixed.

They aren't all bad though, in fact, once you get past all the issues they are great figures still, amazingly beautiful, just fiddly and in need of small mods/fixes.

ReverendSpooky wrote:That 1000Toys collection is so stunning.  The Takayuki Takeya ones just kill me.  I had grabbed the Bokkoku one when it came out, and a little while ago it took a header off a shelf and joints shattered in about 5 different places.  I still haven't figured out a plan to put humpty dumpty back together again.  You've got the right idea with yours in sealed glass shelves.  

YIKES! well, contact 1000toys, they might just be able to help with the joints. I dread the thought of figures diving so consider the cabinets a must, and carpeted floors too. Never display in rooms with tiled floors, I discovered that the hard way Sad

ReverendSpooky wrote:your Jin-Roh collection is pretty much beyond compare.  Have you actually seen the new movie yourself yet?  It really does look pretty stunning.  

I do have loads of Kerberos stuff not pictured, including some old and rare kits etc, they are in boxes at the moment. I am gonna be assembling some of the kits (one in progress, a recast 1:6 Stray Dog version Panzer Cop kit from Ebay, Then next will be the old rare 1:6 Red Spectacles version Panzer Cop by Kaiyodo (I managed to get 2 so one to build and one to keep as is).

As for the new film, it is available online but I am resisting until the netflix release this fall (watch from the official source with English subtitles is the way to go IMO) but the temptation to watch one of the pirate copies online is unbearable, I have been waiting for this film for years, the good part of a decade!

ReverendSpooky wrote: I agree with you on the GITS movie. Nothing spectacular, but I enjoyed it for what it was, and it had some really visually fun moments.  And Beat Takashi as Aramaki made me very happy.  Also I had never heard that about Masamune Shirow originally intending for her to have a Caucasian body.  Really interesting to know.

The film was definetly good despite not being great. It is one of those films that has an un-earned bad reputation (like the Robocop remake that again was not bad in any way, just not as good as the original and folk could view it as a separate thing. That isn't to say I didn't hope/expect better, it is what it is). Solo: A Star Wars story was another that got a bad rap despite actually being a good, fun movie.

Recently though I think TV/streaming has been wiping the floor with Hollywood. Westworld is some of the best TV out there, so are Stranger Things, Altered Carbon, The Expanse and some made for Netflix films like Spectral, 1922 and Geralds Game. The Jin Roh live action remake is of course another to be distributed outside Korea by Netflix so that will probably be another to add to the list Smile

As for the Major being in a caucasian body being the original intention, it was reported back when people were moaning about whitewashing in the film (but obviously everyone ignored that key piece of information. Motoko was supposed to be in a body that looked like a typical generic mass market caucasian body to blend in but with super advanced tech inside said body) and there were also a bunch of interviews with members of the Japanese public and they didn't care at all that the actress was white, it seems a uniquely Western thing to complain about such unimortant things (first world problems eh?).

shovelchop81 wrote:Cheers for the info on the Japanese sites, didn't realise they had auctions there.

Yep! I get most of my rare stuff dirt cheap from Japan/China, only way to do it affordably. If it wasn't for YJA, Mandarake, Taobao and HK stores like Toyzone I wouldn't have much of a collection to display at all!

Rogerbee wrote:I will, don't hold your breath though, I have to move first. I will get round to it one day, promise!

CHEERS!

I may have to move soon also so I know what you mean buddy Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
It's one of those things, I could get round to it at any time, it's just not something I desperately need to do just yet.

CHEERS!

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
quite a collection, i like it very much. but mainly: yay! fallout bounce you can never have enough power armor, except vanilla ingame where they really go overboard if you don´t use mods Laughing

what´s with the leash on dogmeat ? how´s the "good boy" supposed to retrieve your stuff? just kidding, they look great

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Tjolnir wrote:quite a collection, i like it very much. but mainly: yay! fallout bounce you can never have enough power armor, except vanilla ingame where they really go overboard if you don´t use mods Laughing

what´s with the leash on dogmeat ? how´s the "good boy" supposed to retrieve your stuff? just kidding, they look great

Cheers! I do love my Power Armours but wish I could source the frame cheap as I have the T51 armour (green/silver) sitting a box waiting for a frame, but thus far Threezero haven't sold the frames separately. If they were at least more affordable I could buy 2 of the same and switch out the armour on one but at the prices they are I can't afford that

cdn_rhino

Sorry to resurrect this old post, but I had to comment on the collection. I was looking for some information on the Da Joint K.U.S.A figures, and this link popped up. Very handy to figure out what parts I have in hand.

Some seriously cool sci-fi stuff in there Jaz. I remember some of your posts from OSW, but seeing the whole collection is amazing. Still great to see how many OSW folks migrated over here too. I still post on OSW, but it's a hollowed out shell of what it used to be. Still some of us keeping the lights on though.

The 3A stuff, Snowcorp figures are great. And the District 9, Chappie and Elysium figures are outstanding. Especially the Wikus and Prawn customs.

The Panzercops pictures are also really helpful, as I found some armour bits in the collection I'm selling, and didn't know what they were at first.

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Your first topic post is beyond the sum of my all posts XDD they are just impressive you covered so many types and themes of figures

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum